hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Game vs St Johnstone.

I’d probably keep the same team but swap Newell for Allan. Hopefully McCrorie is with us by this game.

I reckon we will put in a much better performance than yesterday and get the win. Is this game on Sky again?

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I think 3-5-2/5-3-2 - it can swing quite nicely into 4-1-3-2 with doig falling back and Boyle pushing up.

............Marciano
    .....McGinn Porteous Hanlon
    Boyle .........Gogic.............Doig
    ...........Allan Newall
    ......Nisbet...... Doidge

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’d probably keep the same team but swap Newell for Allan. Hopefully McCrorie is with us by this game.

I reckon we will put in a much better performance than yesterday and get the win. Is this game on Sky again?

GGTTH

That would have no positive impact what so ever. The problem was we were outnumbered in midfield. Allan in for Horgan and switching to me the 3-5-2 allows us to be compact but also carry an attacking threat, front foot and on the counter. It lets us have our 4 best attacking players on the pitch in nisbet, doidge, Boyle and allan. Not even a debate it's the best way to go for now.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I think he needs to freshen things up now.

I’d try go with a 352.

I’d go with mcrorie (if signed) and gogic in the middle with Allan ahead of them. Boyle RWB and Doig LWB

Allan centre in a 442 is a no no. Love the guy but that is asking for a battering.

3 in the middle. And please can we try and get the ball down and play.

Left by mutual consent!
    Play one up top or drop Boyle for Allan.

They have 2/3 decent players in O’Halloran and McCann plus a few decent squad players (majority deemed not good enough for us) and they were rank until the sending off yesterday. Hopefully we start fast and take the game to them. They could only name 7 subs yesterday so presuming they are struggling for numbers. Big game for us.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Liam Craig is thier defensive mid. He's a good player with the ball at his feet, but as defender I think Horgan would torment him.

I think we will play 3 up top, with Newell and Gogic behind Darryl in midfield. Let's us revert to wingers if we find space behind thier fullbacks (Again, Callum Booth is better going forward than defending.)

Nisbet and Doidge showed early potential of forming quite the partnership, my reading of the 442 was it is the best way (with the players we have) of servicing that partnership. Ross will know we will face 5 in the middle most weeks but seems to want to see how the middle 4 deal with the threat before deciding on a change, don't think he sees it as a gamble as he believes he has the players to go 5 in the middle if he needs to (either 352 or 451). I expect he will do the same again, player for player he will see us as having the better 11 so worth the gamble.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Is it on sky sports?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Is it on sky sports?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Sunday 👍

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Marciano

McGinn
    Porto
    Hanlon
    Doig

Gogic

Newell
    Hallberg

Allan

Boyle
    Doidge

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I watched their game yesterday and I thought they were really poor, if killie had kept 11 players on the pitch they would’ve strolled to victory. Saints were really comfortable when killie were hitting high balls into the box, but as soon as they played it on the deck they got plenty joy. If we try and keep the ball down we should be too good for them.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Play one up top or drop Boyle for Allan.
    but drop Horgan

We've got better footballers, if we play football, and don't allow ourselves to be overrun in midfield, we'll win comfortably. Would like to see Jamie Gullan get at least 20 minutes.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    but drop Horgan
    I think Horgan would be hard done by if he was dropped. He's peformed pretty well over the 4 games and was one of our better players on Saturday before he was hooked, albeit that wasn't difficult given the poor team performance. It was interesting to hear Motherwell's O'Donnell after the game saying he was struggling to keep up with Horgan in the 1st half.

I would start 352 against StJ as I don't think they're as dangerous as others with high wide players, they'll come from deeper imo.
    Didn't think it would work against Motherwell but want us to take the game to Saints.
    If all match fit I'd go;
    Rocky

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Wright. Edit. Actually Martin Boyle!

Gogic
    Newell
    Allan

Doig

Nisbet
    Doidge

Fully expect Wright won't quite be ready so start Horgan in there, as said above he's done well but would ably replace Allan or Wright if they tired, hopefully Gullan is considered for that type of substitution too, I'd have given him a run for Nisbet on Saturday but I see he defends the front post area for corners and with the amount we were conceding I'm sure JR had this in mind too for keeping him on for the 90

Edit. Forgot Boyler!
    Him in for Wright, we're blessed with riches��
    Last edited by Kaff; 16-08-2020 at 06:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Whatever we do I think we need to keep Doidge and Nisbet up front as a pair.

We lost alot of threat when Nisbet was redeployed down the right.

3-5-2 for me with Boyle and Dodge wingbacks

Gogic better in central 3 as he kept get pulled out his position to press higher up.

Him and hopefully McCrorie with Allan in front of them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I think Horgan would be hard done by if he was dropped. He's peformed pretty well over the 4 games and was one of our better players on Saturday before he was hooked, albeit that wasn't difficult given the poor team performance. It was interesting to hear Motherwell's O'Donnell after the game saying he was struggling to keep up with Horgan in the 1st half.
    Not really. O'Donnell just signed for them. Hasn't played for 5 months and didn't have a pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I think 3-5-2/5-3-2 - it can swing quite nicely into 4-1-3-2 with doig falling back and Boyle pushing up.

............Marciano
    .....McGinn Porteous Hanlon
    Boyle .........Gogic.............Doig
    ...........Allan Newall
    ......Nisbet...... Doidge
    This would be my team also.

Marciano

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Gogic
    McRorie
    Doig

Allan

Doidge
    Nisbet

@hibs.net private member
    Those thinking 1 up too have short memories... it didn’t work last year, Doidge didn’t gain any form when up by himself and I’m not sure it’s Nisbet’s game either.

352 has worked and with 2 sitting MF like Gogic and A.N.Other (hopefully McRorie) then that leave Allan free to find space and play his best game. With Doidge and Nisbet ahead and Boyle and Doig flying down the sides we would be very hard to deal with.

Didn't realise they were playing Thursday night, should be helpful for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    The rearranged game with Aberdeen.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Big incentive for them to draw level with us if they beat Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Those thinking 1 up too have short memories... it didn’t work last year, Doidge didn’t gain any form when up by himself and I’m not sure it’s Nisbet’s game either.

352 has worked and with 2 sitting MF like Gogic and A.N.Other (hopefully McRorie) then that leave Allan free to find space and play his best game. With Doidge and Nisbet ahead and Boyle and Doig flying down the sides we would be very hard to deal with.
    Don't think Hibs have ever played 352 with 2 sitting midfielders. We played it well with McGeouch and McGinn there.