hibs.net Messageboard

Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2247
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would there be such restrictions post August 9th?

Game on isn’t it? Full house.

J
    Scotland's numbers are spiking, driven by travelling football fans. It's perfect for Sturgeon to continue restricting football crowds after most other things have opened up. She's done worse with less reason - Cup Final as example.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Scotland's numbers are spiking, driven by travelling football fans. It's perfect for Sturgeon to continue restricting football crowds after most other things have opened up. She's done worse with less reason - Cup Final as example.
    I reckon there will a bit of real politik.

If we will have seen a month of full houses in England, it would be a difficult sale to keep restrictions in Scotland.

J

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Not long until the Arsenal home game, would be nice to know what’s happening this sometime this week

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    On Friday she said it couldn't all be blamed on footy, said the stats showed it was only around a 10% impact so was unfair to blame it on that alone... it was in response to a press question.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Travelling? Where to, London? That’s not ben outside of boundaries for a year now. GNER and BA will testify as will the A1. I’ve spent as much time in London past 12 months as I have in Leith.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    On Friday she said it couldn't all be blamed on footy, said the stats showed it was only around a 10% impact so was unfair to blame it on that alone... it was in response to a press question.
    People giving up on social distancing as they don’t know anyone suffering with Covid is the real driver. Got to be more than 2000 at the Arsenal game surely! Scottish Government looking foolish over this if hospitals are coping fine with the numbers of Covid patients
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

There will have been more people on trains in to Edinburgh and Glasgow yesterday, than there were on trains to London a fortnight ago.

Case numbers in Scotland rose quickly to a peak 3 days ago of 4234 and have been falling in big chunks since to sit at 2726 today.
    If the case numbers continue to fall in big chunks things will be looking very decent again by next weekend while the English numbers go the other way.
    I would happily go back to Easter Road by mid July but I have been avoiding the inside of pubs for obvious reasons.
    I am hopeful we will all be back at Easter Road for our 2nd home league game of the season. A shame the open up date isn't August 7th instead of the 10th.
    I don't see the first minister holding football back unless a hellish variant surfaces in the meantime.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 04-07-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Hints that mask wearing in England after 19th July will be left to the individual.

Hints that mask wearing in Scotland after 9th August will be subject to government directions.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Hints that mask wearing in England after 19th July will be left to the individual.

Hints that mask wearing in Scotland after 9th August will be subject to government directions.
    That's not really what we were told.

Do what you want in England from 19th July, be cautious and continue to wear masks in public transport and shops from 9th August in Scotland.
    Pretty simple message. To be honest.

Thank **** I'm in Scotland 😉

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Case numbers in Scotland rose quickly to a peak 3 days ago of 4234 and have been falling in big chunks since to sit at 2726 today.
    If the case numbers continue to fall in big chunks things will be looking very decent again by next weekend while the English numbers go the other way.
    I would happily go back to Easter Road by mid July but I have been avoiding the inside of pubs for obvious reasons.
    I am hopeful we will all be back at Easter Road for our 2nd home league game of the season. A shame the open up date isn't August 7th instead of the 10th.
    I don't see the first minister holding football back unless a hellish variant surfaces in the meantime.
    Even if cases stay relatively high, the conclusions might be totally different now. 6-12 months ago high cases meant a lockdown or severe restrictions were in the post 4-6 weeks later.

Vaccines are having an impact now. It will depend on that continued and improved impact on hospitalization and sadly deaths that are the steer now, rather than just cases alone.

Left by mutual consent!
    Scotland top of European infections per 100,000 ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57712737

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    I never said stay indoors. I do have an issue of nothing changing from pre pandemic and getting back to normal too early especially football. With 10000 STs sold thats one of us every other seat. Many will wear a mask but some simply won't even though they could. Many will honour the time allocated to get in and there'll be a mad rush at the end to get out.
    The more opportunity we give it to spread the more it will mutate, ******g many more than was necessary. This has not only impact on all affected but slows down the rest of the health service's ability to deal with business as usual. My bowel cancer screening kit arrived yesterday. 7 months after it was expected. I'm as exasperated about the situation as anyone else and looking forward to seeing live football, theatre and concerts but when the time is right. Not when some Sontaran in the disguise of a Health Secretary decides to deal with the situation by shouting at it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I phoned for my screening kit. It arrived 4 days later. Submitted and got the result 4 days later. There is a lot more but Covid is not impacting on bowel cancer screening or treatment at this time. If anybody thinks their kit is late phone up it could be one of the most important phone calls you ever make.
    Last edited by TrinityHibs; 05-07-2021 at 11:54 AM.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    I phoned for my screening kit. It arrived 4 days later. Submitted and got the result 4 days later. There is a lot more but Covid is not impacting on bowel cancer screening or treatment at this time. If anybody thinks their kit is late phone up it could be one of the most important phone calls you ever make.
    Good shout. Its normally mid December so going to leave a reminder now in calendar.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Full stadiums in England from Friday August 13th - with no need to provide proof of double jabbed or show vaccine passport.

@hibs.net private member
    Good shout. Its normally mid December so going to leave a reminder now in calendar.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Yes indeedy, do this guys. My personal guarantee that it's an absolute life saver. If it's been more than 2years since your last test, or if you're concerned, phone 0800 0121 833 and they'll wheech you a test kit.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I never said stay indoors. I do have an issue of nothing changing from pre pandemic and getting back to normal too early especially football. With 10000 STs sold thats one of us every other seat. Many will wear a mask but some simply won't even though they could. Many will honour the time allocated to get in and there'll be a mad rush at the end to get out.
    The more opportunity we give it to spread the more it will mutate, ******g many more than was necessary. This has not only impact on all affected but slows down the rest of the health service's ability to deal with business as usual. My bowel cancer screening kit arrived yesterday. 7 months after it was expected. I'm as exasperated about the situation as anyone else and looking forward to seeing live football, theatre and concerts but when the time is right. Not when some Sontaran in the disguise of a Health Secretary decides to deal with the situation by shouting at it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    The virus will mutate as long as there are people not vaccinated, how long shall we wait until we can get back to normal, as there is a slight chance people may die if they catch covid, vaccinated or not?

Every cancer treatment has taken a back seat due to covid, why should people suffering from any cancer be kept waiting longer because there is a slight chance some folk will catch covid, and then get seriously ill from it?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Full stadiums in England from Friday August 13th - with no need to provide proof of double jabbed or show vaccine passport.
    Not a chance of that up here unfortunately.
    Highest rates in Europe, spreading like wildfire.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    It's slowing down isn't it, quite dramatic drops the last few days.

I wouldn't say no chance - changes will be happening.

Highest rates currently but also many now vaccinated. Slight increase in hospitalisations (not as bad as 1st or 2nd waves) and low numbers in ICU.

I would expect full stadiums sometime after the 9th August when restrictions finally ease.

Cases will continue to happen as society reopens.

Left by mutual consent!
    There is every chance, the change in tone from the Scottish Government has been pronounced since May time, they want to get back to normal, and good on them

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    There is every chance, the change in tone from the Scottish Government has been pronounced since May time, they want to get back to normal, and good on them
    Yup.

I’m heading down to watch Newcastle games if they keep stopping us watch live football outdoors.

Just got 4 tickets for the Hibs end for the Iain Davidson testimonial at Raith Rovers on the 16th July. Not sure how many tickets Hibs got.

You can buy tickets for the Raith v Hibs game here

https://www.raithrovers.net/buy-tickets

Doesn't seem to work in Firefox, so try Chrome (or Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Just got 4 tickets for the Hibs end for the Iain Davidson testimonial at Raith Rovers on the 16th July. Not sure how many tickets Hibs got.
    We’re in the normal away stand and the Raith tickets are for the stand behind the goals at the other end so I wonder if they’ve maybe split it 50/50. That would mean there’s 500 for Hibs fans

Ross County statement ⬇️

COVID-19 Update
    06/07/2021
    A number of Ross County Players and Coaching staff have tested positive for COVID-19. As a precaution the club has temporarily suspended football operations to prevent any further spread of the virus.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Ross County statement ⬇️

COVID-19 Update
    06/07/2021
    A number of Ross County Players and Coaching staff have tested positive for COVID-19. As a precaution the club has temporarily suspended football operations to prevent any further spread of the virus.
    They play in the league cup on Saturday, away to Forfar

@hibs.net private member
    Kate Forbes on the radio saying the gov want to keep restrictions on numbers at things like weddings and stadium events for a longer period.

I’m going to find it hard watching full stadiums in England and not being able to go to Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Kate Forbes on the radio saying the gov want to keep restrictions on numbers at things like weddings and stadium events for a longer period.

I’m going to find it hard watching full stadiums in England and not being able to go to Easter Road.
    Nah that's not correct.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post

It'll be a lot easier when they go into a fourth lockdown.