hibs.net Messageboard

Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2247
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good for them. However, this is Scotland, where (most) people are much more sensible.

On this morning's news France go into a new lockdown after massive infection increases leading to hospital bed crisis - schools and non essential shops closed down again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    On this morning's news France go into a new lockdown after massive infection increases leading to hospital bed crisis - schools and non essential shops closed down again.
    They’ve had a shocker with vaccinations. Difficult to compare us to France

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    But you are happy to compare with the US of A.

As of March 28, 2021, 30+ million US cases of #COVID19 were reported to CDC. Cases are rising again. The 7-day average of new daily cases is over 60,000, over a 10% increase from the previous week. Help stop the spread & protect your community. More: https://t.co/gp6X4zTnBT. https://t.co/gY3m3QnqHf
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 01-04-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Spfl season kicks off on 31st July, NFL season kicks off 9th September, for comparison.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Difficult to compare us to any other country but you seem to if it fits your agenda. It is, IMO, the people who can't be *rsed to follow simple guidelines and restrictions who are the main cause of the infection spreading and are limiting the impact that should be expected from lockdowns. I know what I have seen with my own eyes every single day since we were first asked to follow Gov/medical advice and I truly despair of the attitude of so many.

I am no goody goody Mother Theresa wannabe, just an average joe with a social conscience which appears to be lacking in so many folk at present.

Difficult to compare us to any other country but you seem to if it fits your agenda. It is, IMO, the people who can't be *rsed to follow simple guidelines and restrictions who are the main cause of the infection spreading and are limiting the impact that should be expected from lockdowns. I know what I have seen with my own eyes every single day since we were first asked to follow Gov/medical advice and I truly despair of the attitude of so many.

I am no goody goody Mother Theresa wannabe, just an average joe with a social conscience which appears to be lacking in so many folk at present.
    I’m confused as to what I’ve said that’s offended you so much. The most vulnerable will be fully vaccinated and by the start of the season every adult will have been offered one dose of the vaccine? Makes perfect sense to return to normal at that point no?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I’m confused as to what I’ve said that’s offended you so much. The most vulnerable will be fully vaccinated and by the start of the season every adult will have been offered one dose of the vaccine? Makes perfect sense to return to normal at that point no?
    I sort of agree with you, apart from the return to normal. I'd say that is probably never going to happen again until the virus has been resolved worldwide. I dread our borders opening again, new variants will be mutating in those countries who are lagging way behind with vaccinating their population, and while we have done brilliantly with it, I'm still worried about the the future and will be until its beaten and treated like the flu. Maybe I'm just a bit too cautious, but that's my feeling on this.

@hibs.net private member

Spot on, apart from 1st 2 sentences as I do not know what the agenda is.

At least your last word was right. 😉

At least your last word was right. 😉
    I understand the keeping the borders shut. I understand that’s needed, but other than that I believe we can

@hibs.net private member

Pretty much all you have posted on this thread - no, not offended as such as everything is an opinion. Maybe I over react here and there but my post you refer to is how I feel in general over where we are compared to where we could be and to how the problems and the way forward are over simplified just because some folk are impatient to return to normal life. We have a common enemy which I believe to be underestimated and we have to be sure of each step we take.

I understand the keeping the borders shut. I understand that’s needed, but other than that I believe we can
    But the borders aren't shut. I've seen 3 commercial airlines today which will be heading across the North Atlantic.

But the borders aren't shut. I've seen 3 commercial airlines today which will be heading across the North Atlantic.
    Well I would be all for ****ting them if it meant a normal life at home

Edit: shutting them, not sure why my phone replaced the U with an I...

Well I would be all for ****ting them if it meant a normal life at home

Edit: shutting them, not sure why my phone replaced the U with an I...
    That's all very well, but 2019 normal and 2021 normal are 2 different things.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I sort of agree with you, apart from the return to normal. I'd say that is probably never going to happen again until the virus has been resolved worldwide. I dread our borders opening again, new variants will be mutating in those countries who are lagging way behind with vaccinating their population, and while we have done brilliantly with it, I'm still worried about the the future and will be until its beaten and treated like the flu. Maybe I'm just a bit too cautious, but that's my feeling on this.
    It’s never going to completely disappear and I suspect it will always kill people unfortunately in the same way the flu kills people.

There was a bit on the news last night about potentially thousands of people missing out on cancer check ups or diagnosis as they didn’t want to go to the doctors. There’s the effect on people’s mental health, there’s the effect on people’s livelihoods and there’s the effects it’s having on kids losing their childhoods including their education and losing life experiences we all benefited from (such as full football stadiums).

For everyone that wants to remain over cautious once we’ve been vaccinated, imo they are ignoring the other factors. Once the vulnerable are vaccinated we should be opening up, the idea that we won’t completely open up when everyone is vaccinated is absolutely nuts to me.

I do accept international travel is an exception to that, only because it wouldn’t be fair on those countries though. Once they’re all vaccinated we should be up and running to go to those countries too.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    It’s never going to completely disappear and I suspect it will always kill people unfortunately in the same way the flu kills people.

There was a bit on the news last night about potentially thousands of people missing out on cancer check ups or diagnosis as they didn’t want to go to the doctors. There’s the effect on people’s mental health, there’s the effect on people’s livelihoods and there’s the effects it’s having on kids losing their childhoods including their education and losing life experiences we all benefited from (such as full football stadiums).

For everyone that wants to remain over cautious once we’ve been vaccinated, imo they are ignoring the other factors. Once the vulnerable are vaccinated we should be opening up, the idea that we won’t completely open up when everyone is vaccinated is absolutely nuts to me.

I do accept international travel is an exception to that, only because it wouldn’t be fair on those countries though. Once they’re all vaccinated we should be up and running to go to those countries too.
    The problem is that people are becoming such tunnel visioned that the only thing that is affecting people is them catching covid, completely disregarding every other aspect of well-being

The problem is that people are becoming such tunnel visioned that the only thing that is affecting people is them catching covid, completely disregarding every other aspect of well-being
    Before the vaccine I got that.

Once people are vaccinated I don’t.

@hibs.net private member
    BBC report that Wales hope to allow test events from May. Very small numbers though.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    BBC report that Wales hope to allow test events from May. Very small numbers though.
    Wonder if they’ll actually test anything and use the data from it or if they’ll just call it a test event to shut people up for a bit and make it look like progress is being made.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Are they though? I've not witnessed that, and certainly not on any of the threads on here.

I think people would be keen to see as many restrictions as possible lifted as soon as possible - but done safely and in due course with thought and consideration to the risks involved.

I don't think the label of tunnel-visioned to the point of disregarding all other aspects would be a fair label to place on anyone on here.
    Mon the Hibs.

Pretty much all you have posted on this thread - no, not offended as such as everything is an opinion. Maybe I over react here and there but my post you refer to is how I feel in general over where we are compared to where we could be and to how the problems and the way forward are over simplified just because some folk are impatient to return to normal life. We have a common enemy which I believe to be underestimated and we have to be sure of each step we take.

All too true.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Spot on, apart from 1st 2 sentences as I do not know what the agenda is.
    I was referring to the agenda of the reckless, folk who have had enough of restrictions and who are looking for the quickest way out regardless of "collateral casualties".
    I don't advocate caution to the nth degree, just a bit of common sense using the infection/death rate as a guide to each "next step".

@hibs.net private member
    Four thousand local council, NHS, and teaching staff will be in the crowd at Wembley when Leicester City play Southampton in their first FA Cup semi-final for 39 years.

Would you go to a semi final if non of your teams were playing.

If you did go who would you support.

I wouldn't go if my team was not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Four thousand local council, NHS, and teaching staff will be in the crowd at Wembley when Leicester City play Southampton in their first FA Cup semi-final for 39 years.

Would you go to a semi final if non of your teams were playing.

If you did go who would you support.

I wouldn't go if my team was not involved.
    Me and a crowd of mates(football team...all hibbies) won an all expenses trip to hampden for a huns v aberdeen league cup final back in the eighties. Quite enjoyed not really caring who won (as long as it wasnt the huns...but they did win). Good day out but hard to get excited when its not your own team.

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Me and a crowd of mates(football team...all hibbies) won an all expenses trip to hampden for a huns v aberdeen league cup final back in the eighties. Quite enjoyed not really caring who won (as long as it wasnt the huns...but they did win). Good day out but hard to get excited when its not your own team.
    I went to 1988 Final with Celtic and Dundee Utd and the "family" final against Motherwell with my Arab supporting pal. Lovely days out and I didn't give a toss who won.

A chance to see Thatcher getting telt tae "get tae" as well.

@hibs.net private member
    BBC reporting that fans could be back in June in Scotland

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    BBC reporting that fans could be back in June in Scotland
    Talk of over 3200 Scotland fans at Wembley.
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 02-04-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Does that mean 50,000 will travel down in the hope of a ticket?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    That’s a rather precisely small number. Being a neutral venue I’d have expected Scotland to have half of the expected total capacity.

J

How many England fans will there be?