hibs.net Messageboard

Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2247
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Premier League in England is hoping to have up to 10,000 fans at the last two round of games this season.

Given the lower infection rate in Scotland I'm really looking forward to watching those games on TV in the garden with a friend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56381482
    Interesting lines regarding how finishing the season late cost them a tonne of money, and there was folk up here trying to convince us that us finishing our season would have saved Scotland paying back the broadcasters.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The Premier League in England is hoping to have up to 10,000 fans at the last two round of games this season.

Given the lower infection rate in Scotland I'm really looking forward to watching those games on TV in the garden with a friend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56381482
    This has made my day 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    The way Hibs are playing and the way this pandemic is going along wi the way both governments are dealing with this, I dont see myself being back at E.R. in the foreseeable future.

What one thing would put you off watching Hibs the most?

If things keep going the way they are would the end of August be that unrealistic?

Understand things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    If things keep going the way they are would the end of August be that unrealistic?

Understand things can change.
    As things stand after today's announcement, small-scale events can start to take place from 17th May and ramped up during June.

Assuming there's no fallout from that I'd like to think decent numbers might be possible by August.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    As things stand after today's announcement, small-scale events can start to take place from 17th May and ramped up during June.

Assuming there's no fallout from that I'd like to think decent numbers might be possible by August.
    Surely full houses by August?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I'd have thought so (unless things change for the worse).

Highly unlikely IMO. Some remnant of social distancing will be around for longer than any of us would wish I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Highly unlikely IMO. Some remnant of social distancing will be around for longer than any of us would wish I reckon.
    Depresses the life out of me that.

Im not so sure, if the pubs are fully open and folk can visit other houses, i think it will be full crowds....hopefully.

I honestly don't see full houses being allowed this year as social distancing won't be completely removed anytime soon.

Once every adult in the UK is vaccinated (July ?), and the numbers in hospital are under control, where do politicians go from there ? There's simply no logical reason to limit freedoms or restrict public life. It isn't going to get any better than that. Any remaining restrictions will be for reasons other than health.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Once every adult in the UK is vaccinated (July ?), and the numbers in hospital are under control, where do politicians go from there ? There's simply no logical reason to limit freedoms or restrict public life. It isn't going to get any better than that. Any remaining restrictions will be for reasons other than health.
    Agreed.

I asked the question before and the answer was that they need to be careful if new strands of the virus and they need to see how the vaccine performs over a longer period of time.

For me though, once things are under control like you’ve mentioned everything needs to get back to normal, not some daft new normal, actual proper normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Im not so sure, if the pubs are fully open and folk can visit other houses, i think it will be full crowds....hopefully.
    I don't believe pubs have a date for fully reopening i.e. how they used to operate pre-March 2020. Even in June there's still going to be limits on how many people/households can meet up inside in hospitality premises.

The idea that 20,000 people will be at Easter Road by August just seems too fanciful for me.

I don't believe pubs have a date for fully reopening i.e. how they used to operate pre-March 2020. Even in June there's still going to be limits on how many people/households can meet up inside in hospitality premises.

The idea that 20,000 people will be at Easter Road by August just seems too fanciful for me.
    I actually think Wembley will be full for the Euro final. The Scot Gov have been rightfully uber careful but have allowed themselves room for change.....i think the numbers will be so low, and most folk vaccinated, that pubs will ve fully open by end of June. IMO.

Sturgeon reckons we are planning on hitting tier 0 by end of June. That is no restrictions going by our last tier system. It definitely shouldn’t be fanciful, we’ll have had 18 months of restrictions, absolutely no reason to have any more once vaccine is done. Viruses get weaker as they mutate, not more harmful than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Sturgeon reckons we are planning on hitting tier 0 by end of June. That is no restrictions going by our last tier system. It definitely shouldn’t be fanciful, we’ll have had 18 months of restrictions, absolutely no reason to have any more once vaccine is done. Viruses get weaker as they mutate, not more harmful than the original.
    there’s stuff on Twitter saying there is still considerable restrictions on tier 0

Level 0 is certainly not without restrictions based on the previous framework.

8 people from 3 households indoors, 15 people from 5 households outdoors, limited to the number of pubs etc you can visit in one day.

Two metre rules applies between households.

Limits on numbers attending events.

Limits on numbers attending things like christenings and also weddings and funerals.

Table service in pubs and restaurants compulsory.

Nightclubs closed.

All here - https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...ction-level-0/

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Apart from the fact the ‘Kent’ variant is 64% more deadly than the original dominant strain we had in the UK.

8 people from 3 households indoors, 15 people from 5 households outdoors, limited to the number of pubs etc you can visit in one day.

Limits on numbers attending things like christenings and also weddings and funerals.

Nightclubs closed.

I’m not sure if that is the latest updated level 0 guideance. The bottom link takes you to November 2020. I know it says updated today but don’t think they have updated all the pages. Correct me if I’m wrong?

Like others I’m pretty certain once nearly everyone has had 2nd vaccine we will see a rapid relaxing of many restrictions. New strains will happen in future but you can’t wait forever for that to happen. Could be another 10 years !

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Apart from the fact the ‘Kent’ variant is 64% more deadly than the original dominant strain we had in the UK.
    There’s very few mutations that are potentially more harmful. The Kent one that you talk about would expect 3 more males in their 60’s dying out of 1000 than the original. There are a couple of variants of concern, but the vast majority are far less harmful than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    But vaccines are still highly effective against it. There will be mutations and also over time improve vaccine programmes.

I suspect one day we will need 1 vaccine which will last much longer.

Nightclubs closed.

My mistook, had read something about 0 being no or little restrictions. I’d still expect near normality this time around once the vaccine rollout is essentially complete.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I’m not sure if that is the latest updated level 0 guideance. The bottom link takes you to November 2020. I know it says updated today but don’t think they have updated all the pages. Correct me if I’m wrong?

Like others I’m pretty certain once nearly everyone has had 2nd vaccine we will see a rapid relaxing of many restrictions. New strains will happen in future but you can’t wait forever for that to happen. Could be another 10 years !
    Yes it is the original level 0 but that's what the poster was referring to.

We don't know yet what the new level 0 will look like.

I honestly doubt if it will be totally restriction free.

Yes it is the original level 0 but that's what the poster was referring to.

We don't know yet what the new level 0 will look like.

I honestly doubt if it will be totally restriction free.
    I don’t think anyone knows yet but I would say it will be much more flexible than the previous level 0.

As I said once majority have 2 vaccinations I would be surprised if they don’t start allowing more.

There will be fans at ER next season for 1st game - it’s just a question of how many.

The Euros will definitely be interesting to see what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Correct. Life has to move on sooner rather than later.

There’s very few mutations that are potentially more harmful. The Kent one that you talk about would expect 3 more males in their 60’s dying out of 1000 than the original. There are a couple of variants of concern, but the vast majority are far less harmful than the original.
    Correct..we can dream of being back at Easter road without it being a pipe dream. Most of my department who haven't seen in since March last year are scheduled back in early June full time.

Depresses the life out of me that.
    Then the third wave that some are still predicting will happen this winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to be mindful there is nothing normal about politicians. These are invariably power-hungry, controlling individuals who - having had 12 months of deciding what folk can and cannot do day to day - will be reluctant to let the public take control of their own lives. Sturgeon's titbits of freedom handed out today were heavily caveated, ensuring she retained control over what happens when - despite every indication we're on a one-way road to recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I don’t think anyone knows yet but I would say it will be much more flexible than the previous level 0.

As I said once majority have 2 vaccinations I would be surprised if they don’t start allowing more.

There will be fans at ER next season for 1st game - it’s just a question of how many.

The Euros will definitely be interesting to see what they do.
    Yep I definitely think there will be fans in August too, just not a full house that people were referring to earlier.