hibs.net Messageboard

Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2247
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football
    Hearts
    Ann Budge reveals when she believes Hearts fans will be back inside Tynecastle

Whilst welcoming a new instant Covid 19 test trialled at Tynecastle Park, the Hearts owner Ann Budge is not convinced fans will be back inside stadiums for the start of next season.

Hearts owner Ann Budge undergoes a rapid antigen test at Tynecastle Park on Wednesday.

She believes it could be nearer 2022 before a phased return of supporters starts – and is planning for full capacities being another full season away.
    I think she's at it again, angling for more money and under playing expectations. Shes also said belt tightening for three years after the losses.

Personally I think it will be next season, maybe a few trials late this season if all goes well. If the vaccines are working as well in severe cases and transmission as they are saying, it is a possibility.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    I think she's at it again, angling for more money and under playing expectations. Shes also said belt tightening for three years after the losses.

Personally I think it will be next season, maybe a few trials late this season if all goes well. If the vaccines are working as well in severe cases and transmission as they are saying, it is a possibility.
    If all goes well in the next couple of months then I think it will be next season too. I can’t see how many teams can survive with another year without fans?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    A lot of festivals seem pretty confident they’ll be able to go ahead in late summer. In Scotland Party at the Park, Party at the Palace and Lets Rock Scotland have all moved to August and started marketing themselves. Also a few music events in Glasgow in September. I’m guessing they’ve had some sort of heads up. Open air events seem pretty confident if a return.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Reading and Leeds Festival is going ahead. If those sort of events can take place people will return to football matches.

Might be reduced capacity but if the road map the gov have given stays on track there will be fans in stadiums next season.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    A lot of festivals seem pretty confident they’ll be able to go ahead in late summer. In Scotland Party at the Park, Party at the Palace and Lets Rock Scotland have all moved to August and started marketing themselves. Also a few music events in Glasgow in September. I’m guessing they’ve had some sort of heads up. Open air events seem pretty confident if a return.
    Yeah, I saw that too. I think however they have started planning in hope rather than certainty. Like all of us here who are hoping for a return or trying to second guess a holiday period.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Reading and Leeds Festival is going ahead. If those sort of events can take place people will return to football matches.

Might be reduced capacity but if the road map the gov have given stays on track there will be fans in stadiums next season.
    The might be reduced capacity but worries me.

We need to get back to normal, allowing us to have a small amount of fans to appease us is pish and will probably cost the club money, not to mention the hassle of selecting who gets to go.

‘Trial events’ with limited number of people there this season maybe but next season we need to allow the world to return to normal. Not just for fans sake but the livelihoods of people involved. I don’t jist mean footballers by the way. It’s the catering staff, the stewards, the delivery guys, the cleaners, the hospitality staff...... these people do these jobs because they need to, allowing us to start next season with hardly anyone there is killing these jobs.

Sorry for the rant, not directed at you, I just can’t believe we are still talking about reduced crowds next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

We need to get back to normal, allowing us to have a small amount of fans to appease us is pish and will probably cost the club money, not to mention the hassle of selecting who gets to go.

‘Trial events’ with limited number of people there this season maybe but next season we need to allow the world to return to normal. Not just for fans sake but the livelihoods of people involved. I don’t jist mean footballers by the way. It’s the catering staff, the stewards, the delivery guys, the cleaners, the hospitality staff...... these people do these jobs because they need to, allowing us to start next season with hardly anyone there is killing these jobs.

Sorry for the rant, not directed at you, I just can’t believe we are still talking about reduced crowds next season.
    Completely agree. 300 fans at Pittodrie was a joke and a waste of time, proved nothing either way. Of course it was safe.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

I agree, if the vaccine is as effective as it's being made out to be, and we can all get vaccinated, then surely that's the point where you say football fans can be back in stadiums.

Covid isn't going to be eradicated, but if it's manageable in the same way that various other viruses are manageable and we're at a stage where vaccinations stop people getting seriously ill, then we should be allowed to go and watch the football.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Reduced capacity is not cost effective, therefore a minimum amount of fans of say 1/2 capacity should be the minimum.
    To have 3,000 at a home game has the same costs of policing, stewarding and ambulance as 10,000, but the gate receipts are far more.
    Its only a matter of timing when we are allowed back, the sooner the better for me!!!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Reduced capacity is not cost effective, therefore a minimum amount of fans of say 1/2 capacity should be the minimum.
    To have 3,000 at a home game has the same costs of policing, stewarding and ambulance as 10,000, but the gate receipts are far more.
    Its only a matter of timing when we are allowed back, the sooner the better for me!!!
    I agree and hope we get to the position where 50% is achievable. If there's an interim step to be taken with an unprofitable 25% capacity then I'd still expect Hibs to open up though.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I agree and hope we get to the position where 50% is achievable. If there's an interim step to be taken with an unprofitable 25% capacity then I'd still expect Hibs to open up though.
    When are you hoping 50% is achievable for? Before the end of this season?

If you are suggesting starting next season at only 50% can I ask why not the full 100% if we’ve all been vaccinated by then?

Genuine question by the way, it’s not loaded, I just don’t know what it is that I’m missing here and why the country won’t be fully open by then?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

If you are suggesting starting next season at only 50% can I ask why not the full 100% if we’ve all been vaccinated by then?

Genuine question by the way, it’s not loaded, I just don’t know what it is that I’m missing here and why the country won’t be fully open by then?
    I genuinely don't know to be honest with you. My comment was more around that I'd expect Hibs to open up even if it wasn't considered to be profitable.

I don't think anyone wouldn't wish to open up and return to 100% normality as soon as possible - it's just the varying opinions on what "possible" means.

Do we know how long the vaccine lasts? Do we know if the vaccine will work against other variants? Do we know if a successful vaccine which drastically cuts deaths would also be enough to not overwhelm the NHS with critical patients if allowed to move within the population without restrictions? Do we know to what degree long Covid would be a problem?

There's a lot of unanswered questions which make it a sticky situation and very difficult to say anything with much certainty. The country will react as and when these questions get answered with a degree of certainty, but I've no idea when that'll be.

It wouldn't overly surprise me if we write off attending this season (there's not much capital to be gained from it now as fans have mostly accepted it as such), and started next season with 50% capacities into the winter time. If we look like we've got through winter without a resurgence then crank it up to 100%.
    Of course I hope the data is more positive than that and it can all open up 100% from the start of next season, or for the end of this. I just don't think it's as likely.
    Mon the Hibs.

I agree with you however the only caveat being that it's on the assumption that we are confident that the vaccine is effective against all known strains.

The other consideration they will likely be cautious about before allowing events with unlimited numbers to take place is how long the vaccines offer protection. There's still unknowns around this issue.

I see there's talk of taking a test on the way in. For this to work you would need a smart phone and be willing to pay a minimum of a tenner for the test they're currently trialling. Need to set off the day before I reckon.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I see there's talk of taking a test on the way in. For this to work you would need a smart phone and be willing to pay a minimum of a tenner for the test they're currently trialling. Need to set off the day before I reckon.
    It’s hard enough sometimes just getting the season ticket to scan never mind a COVID test, we’d get in for the last 10 minutes if we were lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Paying an extra £10 a test isn’t going to be feasible for the majority of families. Family of 4 paying an extra £40 before every single match, that’s going to be more than £1000 to shell out if you go to most of your teams games!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I agree with you however the only caveat being that it's on the assumption that we are confident that the vaccine is effective against all known strains.

The other consideration they will likely be cautious about before allowing events with unlimited numbers to take place is how long the vaccines offer protection. There's still unknowns around this issue.
    We can’t go on like this forever though. They’re talking constantly about the vaccine reducing elderly patients into hospitals by huge percentages. I get it mutates etc, but we all have a limited time on this earth, we have to find a way of getting back to normal ASAP and let people get on with living their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    We can’t go on like this forever though. They’re talking constantly about the vaccine reducing elderly patients into hospitals by huge percentages. I get it mutates etc, but we all have a limited time on this earth, we have to find a way of getting back to normal ASAP and let people get on with living their lives.
    Yeah I don't necessarily disagree with that, I just think that's where the thought process is at the moment amongst the decision makers.

The published framework refers, several times, to getting back to something "much closer to normality" rather than "complete normality" and I think things which attract large crowds, such as football matches, will be part of that in that they will be looking to allow events with spectators again but at a reduced capacity.

once you are vaccinated you should be able to take your vaccination certificate/passport (varified with pic) and be able to show that, no one should be allowed in without one. No need for 10 quid tests and the likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    once you are vaccinated you should be able to take your vaccination certificate/passport (varified with pic) and be able to show that, no one should be allowed in without one. No need for 10 quid tests and the likes.
    I keep hearing this idea, as a way forward, but if person a has been vaccinated surely it doesn't matter to them whether person b has been or not. It seems you can still carry the virus once vaccinated but you are protected against the symptoms. That means vaccinated people could in theory continue to pass the virus around, just the same as people who haven't been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    I keep hearing this idea, as a way forward, but if person a has been vaccinated surely it doesn't matter to them whether person b has been or not. It seems you can still carry the virus once vaccinated but you are protected against the symptoms. That means vaccinated people could in theory continue to pass the virus around, just the same as people who haven't been vaccinated.
    That was my understanding but I didn’t want to sound ignorant if it wasn’t the case.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/...mpression=true

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/...mpression=true

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Disappointed but not surprised. Daily Record reporting it but putting a positive spin on it. Unlike our pitch invasion.

No chance if the clips of Gerrard arriving at ibrox are real. Turn the water cannon so these c**** and get them fined. Ragin

They said on the radio earlier we will be the first country to open up where the new variants are the dominant strain In Europe he said cases going up again because Of it and they are so far behind with vaccines
    But Jason Leitch expects fans to be present fir Euro s in Scotland and as son as we go back to tiers there will be fans back in tier two areas
    He sounded very optimistic Said things would move quicker than they had first anticipated into April / May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the moment, I don't have any great desire to get back to games in August.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i suspect i'l be saving a whole lot of money next season, sadly

The way Hibs are playing and the way this pandemic is going along wi the way both governments are dealing with this, I dont see myself being back at E.R. in the foreseeable future.

The Premier League in England is hoping to have up to 10,000 fans at the last two round of games this season.

Given the lower infection rate in Scotland I'm really looking forward to watching those games on TV in the garden with a friend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56381482

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The Premier League in England is hoping to have up to 10,000 fans at the last two round of games this season.

Given the lower infection rate in Scotland I'm really looking forward to watching those games on TV in the garden with a friend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56381482