hibs.net Messageboard

Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 2247
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing to do with football but Nick Cave just cancelled his London gig for next June Wonder if other artists will start to follow suit April one in Glasgow also cancelled Had tickets for both
    The thought of another six months plus if no football or concerts is not a great thought
    Simple Minds - Feb
    The Killers - june
    The Bohemians - September

All rescheduled at least once aleady, think they are all in doubt 😭

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    Simple Minds - Feb
    The Killers - june
    The Bohemians - September

All rescheduled at least once aleady, think they are all in doubt
    Got Killers tickets as well although they were never issued as gig rescheduled So no doubt will be the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Just supposing we did it would probably require lots of stewards. Fag packet alert...

200 Stewards
    £10 per hour (based on ***** pay rates)
    5 hours attandance
    G4S Gross margin 40%
    VAT 20%

In effect close to £17k per game without a penny of extra revenue. Not sustainable when your revenues are already 50% down unless you take up the government loan repayable over 10 years.
    Instead of paying 200 stewards, how about using 200 ST holders as stewards. Wont have to pay them, just show them the ropes.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Instead of paying 200 stewards, how about using 200 ST holders as stewards. Wont have to pay them, just show them the ropes.
    That's already been suggested, 300 fans and 10,000 volunteer stewards 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I will find it very hard to dumb down my knowledge of Easter Road and the ticketing and seating arrangements that much

As more local authorities areas are getting on top of the virus and are being placed in level 1 there are more Spfl clubs allowed to have spectators.

Ross County, Inverness CT, Elgin City have been joined by Annan, Queen of the South and Stranraer.

It shows that people following the rules will eventually lead to more football clubs being allowed to have spectators.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    As more local authorities areas are getting on top of the virus and are being placed in level 1 there are more Spfl clubs allowed to have spectators.

Ross County, Inverness CT, Elgin City have been joined by Annan, Queen of the South and Stranraer.

It shows that people following the rules will eventually lead to more football clubs being allowed to have spectators.

Not rocket science is it?

What it really shows is that far more remote areas are far more likely to be in far lower tiers. The people of Edinburgh followed the rules and met the criteria and got refused entry to tier 2. That shows how difficult it is to get into higher tiers when in reality it comes down to political point scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    What it really shows is that far more remote areas are far more likely to be in far lower tiers. The people of Edinburgh followed the rules and met the criteria and got refused entry to tier 2. That shows how difficult it is to get into higher tiers when in reality it comes down to political point scoring.
    And now Edinburgh's numbers have skyrocketed again so it was the right decision.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    And now Edinburgh's numbers have skyrocketed again so it was the right decision.
    They’ve hardly skyrocketed, they’re still comfortably within the level 2 criteria.

United we stand here....

They’ve not ‘skyrocketed’ they’ve increased slightly but still well within all thresholds for tier 2.

Point scoring eh? Wonder when Lennon will twig to it.

In the meantime no fans at the footie in Englandshire South fro. tomorrow for all those that like the whitabootery line of debate.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I'm not sure what you mean by "political point scoring". Gonny splain?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Skyrocketed........

Edinburgh 100.4 per 100k

Perth and Kinross 98.1 per 100k

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "political point scoring". Gonny splain?
    Well it wasn’t a decision led by public health experts, so it was a political decision made by a political leader based on reasons only she knows.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Point scoring eh? Wonder when Lennon will twig to it.

In the meantime no fans at the footie in Englandshire South fro. tomorrow for all those that like the whitabootery line of debate.
    They’re going into tier 3. Im not expecting football fans in stadia in tier 3 up here.

I reckon that there should be an allowance of say 10 uber fans. Armed with a top notch sound system and every individual with access to a microphone, socially distanced. Sound crazy? Well we live in crazy times and at least it would generate some kind of atmosphere. As long as you can sing in tune likes...

Only 300 fans which is pointless for everyone outside the lower leagues.

It could be a long term solution at least in part, but at least some of the stewards need some professional training. I think you need some with first aid knowledge, and they get trained in how to do body searches without ending up on an offenders' register.

Breakdown of £55m government support
    - Premiership clubs - each club to receive £2m in loans
    - Championships clubs to receive £500k each in grants
    - League 1 clubs to receive £150K each in grants
    - League 2 club to receive 100K
    -Lowland/Highland clubs to receive £13k each

Not sure when this is getting payed out?
    No idea how and when the loans are to be repaid and how much interest will be incurred?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Breakdown of £55m government support
    - Premiership clubs - each club to receive £2m in loans
    - Championships clubs to receive £500k each in grants
    - League 1 clubs to receive £150K each in grants
    - League 2 club to receive 100K
    -Lowland/Highland clubs to receive £13k each

Not sure when this is getting payed out?
    No idea how and when the loans are to be repaid and how much interest will be incurred?
    Hope they pay it soon
    The payment to Hearts will only contribute to around 3/4 of Naismith and Berra’s wages

Royal Ascot are considering only letting in spectators in June 2021 who can confirm they have had the vaccination.
    Given the forecasts of as low as a 60% take up of the vaccination, this sounds to me like a welcome move. But how do you prove you have had the vaccine? Will we all be given some sort of confirmation card? Is this the way forward not just for spectator events but also for pubs, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, shops, planes etc.? Maybe a unique swipe card even, with a card reader for authorised access? If no vaccination then you as an individual effectively stay in semi-lockdown.
    I know there will be some folk who legitimately can't have the vaccine rather than just choosing not to have it, but that may be the price we have to pay as a society to get the majority back to some sort of normality. Shades of big brother it might be but why should I have to endure ongoing restrictions after having the vaccine just because 40% of the population chooses not to?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Hope they pay it soon
    The payment to Hearts will only contribute to around 3/4 of Naismith and Berra’s wages
    They’ll need to apply first I would have thought.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    They’ll need to apply first I would have thought.
    Raman’s statement doesn’t say what stings are attached

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Royal Ascot are considering only letting in spectators in June 2021 who can confirm they have had the vaccination.
    Given the forecasts of as low as a 60% take up of the vaccination, this sounds to me like a welcome move. But how do you prove you have had the vaccine? Will we all be given some sort of confirmation card? Is this the way forward not just for spectator events but also for pubs, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, shops, planes etc.? Maybe a unique swipe card even, with a card reader for authorised access? If no vaccination then you as an individual effectively stay in semi-lockdown.
    I know there will be some folk who legitimately can't have the vaccine rather than just choosing not to have it, but that may be the price we have to pay as a society to get the majority back to some sort of normality. Shades of big brother it might be but why should I have to endure ongoing restrictions after having the vaccine just because 40% of the population chooses not to?
    You would think that an organisation like the NHS could provide that information linked to a persons name and date of birth. If it becomes a right of venues and organisations to only permit people who have had the vaccine then something should be put in place imo

I’ll be getting it when it comes, however can someone explain (to someone fairly simple by medical terms) if I get the vaccine then I’ll be as protected against the vaccine as I can be. If someone refuses to get vaccinated then isn’t it only them that are at risk? I know those with the vaccine can still carry it (I think) but then the only people affected by that are those without a vaccine? I’m sure someone will be able to provide the medical reason, just doesn’t make an awful lot of sense to me.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    The problem with that I suppose is it could be seen as a form of National Identity card by the back door?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Raman’s statement doesn’t say what stings are attached
    How or what would he know about how Government money gets distributed. Applying for a grant wouldn’t be an attached string. It would be the applied norm. And the grant would be up to £500k not necessarily making an applicant qualify for all of it without a test. Anything else is a gift, not a grant.

Rugby teams hard hit.Amazing it hasn’t happened sooner.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just digging this thread out again. In hindsight I wonder if it should have been entitled 'What's the chances of fans going back in September 2021' because at present I suspect we might not even see full crowds back by then, which would obviously be catastrophic for clubs.

With the rescheduled Tokyo Olympics now deemed unlikely to go ahead, a lot of the year's bigger global events must be under threat again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55722542