hibs.net Messageboard

Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2247
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But that’s your thoughts, that can’t be the thoughts of those in charge of our country. ‘Ach **** them, they’re nothing to do with me so I don’t care’ 😂 the government have a job to treat every industry equally and fairly, and frankly our government have failed miserably at that. They can talk the talk (some of them) but can’t walk the walk. It’s neither wonder sports have been neglected when Fitzpatrick has been in hiding for the last 9 months, and when he surfaces he makes a complete Noel Hunt of himself.
    I’m not a ****ing advocate for the Scottish government, I clearly said I agree with some things and I don’t agree with others. They have a duty to industry, they have a duty to sport and they’ve just today made £20 million available to Scottish football.

Letting fans back in at the moment would be costly. They would be ST holders, requiring extensive stewarding and extra costs to make the place COVID secure, £30k for Aberdeen I think? There would be no catering; no ticket money; not enough for the club to wipe its face.

You made a point about clubs protesting in a similar way to the hospitality industry. Aberdeen have been vocal, but no one else has whined nearly as much as them about getting fans back in. If the demand was there from the clubs they would be battering the door down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I’m not a ****ing advocate for the Scottish government, I clearly said I agree with some things and I don’t agree with others. They have a duty to industry, they have a duty to sport and they’ve just today made £20 million available to Scottish football.

Letting fans back in at the moment would be costly. They would be ST holders, requiring extensive stewarding and extra costs to make the place COVID secure, £30k for Aberdeen I think? There would be no catering; no ticket money; not enough for the club to wipe its face.

You made a point about clubs protesting in a similar way to the hospitality industry. Aberdeen have been vocal, but no one else has whined nearly as much as them about getting fans back in. If the demand was there from the clubs they would be battering the door down.
    Neil Doncaster, on behalf of all 42 clubs, couldn’t be more outspoken if he tried. The Scottish FA have a joint response group with a sub group for the return of fans. I’m fairly sure Scottish football from top to bottom is doing all it can, including the #letfansin campaign.

Neil Doncaster, on behalf of all 42 clubs, couldn’t be more outspoken if he tried. The Scottish FA have a joint response group with a sub group for the return of fans. I’m fairly sure Scottish football from top to bottom is doing all it can, including the #letfansin campaign.
    I’m sure you’re right about these campaigns, but they aren’t putting their arguments across well enough.

@hibs.net private member
    I used to think that Jason Leitch is a complete slaver.

I still do. However, I’m now of the view that he is just perfect for taking the flack for the Scot Gov, he’s a fall guy, nothing more and nothing less.

The fact he loves the sound of his own voice makes him perfect for the gov.

Cormack is spot on, he has spent more time on off the ball slavering than talking to clubs.

They’re quite clearly wasting time making pointless statements that won’t change anything whilst not actually doing anything behind the scenes. Why not come up with a clear plan that includes possible attendance levels at level 0 and 1 and if the government aren’t listening release that to the public to show that they’re doing something meaningful. All the bluster from Doncaster and Cormack is just tiring now

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    They’re quite clearly wasting time making pointless statements that won’t change anything whilst not actually doing anything behind the scenes. Why not come up with a clear plan that includes possible attendance levels at level 0 and 1 and if the government aren’t listening release that to the public to show that they’re doing something meaningful. All the bluster from Doncaster and Cormack is just tiring now
    Because for big cities to get into tier 1 is ver near impossible. They’d be doing their own fans a massive disservice by saying ‘we’re happy to wait until we get into tier 1 to get fans in’. Aberdeen have put the plan in place in regards their stadium. That’s the main plan and the government aren’t interested.

Left by mutual consent!
    You still cany go and watch your bairn play football yet.

How ridiculous is that

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post

How ridiculous is that
    Incredible 😂 get in the queue though, there’s no one else in the queue but football should still stand and wait.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Right.

more like damn right Sturgeon and this clown are trashing Scottish business and 10’s of thousands of jobs on very dodgy evidence

I think football is also at the back of the queue because of the risk of the conduct of a minority of fans, they don’t know how people will behave.

Most football clubs are backed and supported by people with money, most small businesses are not.

Absolute crap, it’s about control and being seen as Scotland’s Mammy (state)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post

How ridiculous is that
    I’ve not heard that one before, my sons not had a game for a few weeks but I took him to the last one and all parents were watching from behind a line marked a few feet from the pitch.

Not once have I said that, not once. I think it’s ridiculous that any of these industries have been allowed to open, they should all still be closed and recovering the backing they require from the government in order to preserve jobs and livelihoods.

Small clubs need the fans, but I frankly don’t give a **** at the moment because I haven’t considered smaller clubs because I’ve been focussed on being thankful that the team I support doesn’t have those problems. Now that can be viewed as selfish or whatever but I don’t care, why get worked up about it? I’ve got enough to worry about thinking about small football clubs. That’s not to say it’s not important, it is, but what’s also important is that our club is fine for the moment.

I back the some of the decisions made by the government, I don’t necessarily back the football blackout but I can at least understand it.

Now I will leave you to be upset about not being able to sit in the stadium, and I’ll watch Hibs on the telly, listen to them on the radio and I’ll still enjoy it.

Why don’t you ask your SNP masters why we can’t have say 3000 fans in a stadium of 20,000 but it’s ok for Rugby fans to have a limited amount in Murrayfield ( including the evangelical dentist Leitch)
    Last edited by whiskyhibby; 10-12-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    more like damn right Sturgeon and this clown are trashing Scottish business and 10’s of thousands of jobs on very dodgy evidence
    What dodgy evidence?

Why don’t you ask your SNP masters why we can’t have say 3000 fans in a stadium of 20,000 but it’s ok for Rugby fans to have a limited amount in Murrayfield ( including the evangelical dentist Leitch)
    It was a one off, trial event where 500 hundred people were in the biggest stadium in the country. Maybe think a bit harder about the circumstances instead of turning to ridiculous hyperbole.

Absolute crap, it’s about control and being seen as Scotland’s Mammy (state)
    Control of what? And to what end?

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

What's the chances of fans going back in September?

Pompous evangelical Dentist
    ... what’s religion got to do with it. You would think that this is a Scottish Football forum. Do we know what school he went to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Radium; 10-12-2020 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Typo

What dodgy evidence?

Statistics that for example put Glasgow in the highest restrictions where similar places in the UK with far higher positive tests per 100,000 are less restrictive

and they don’t seem to have data that the rest of the UK does that can pin down the area where high CV cases reside , like schools or university’s

Why should large swathes of the population be imprisioned because of an incompetent government that can’t get testing or track and trace right
    Last edited by whiskyhibby; 10-12-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    ... what’s religion got to do with it. You would think that this is a Scottish Football forum. Do we know what school he went to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t know or care which school he went to, he is an evangelical Christian which in my mind should preclude him from having any view on how the general population conducts itself

Control of what? And to what end?

to get her face on tv each day and give a mostly political broadcast

Statistics that for example put Glasgow in the highest restrictions where similar places in the UK with far higher positive tests per 100,000 are less restrictive

and they don’t seem to have data that the rest of the UK does that can pin down the area where high CV cases reside , like schools or university’s

Why should large swathes of the population be imprisioned because of an incompetent government that can’t get testing or track and trace right
    You seem to be directing frustration of UK government problems with the Scottish Government. The Scottish government has taken a much stricter approach and it shows in our numbers.

It was a one off, trial event where 500 hundred people were in the biggest stadium in the country. Maybe think a bit harder about the circumstances instead of turning to ridiculous hyperbole.
    Ansolute bull shot

to get her face on tv each day and give a mostly political broadcast
    Bull****! Just total bull****!

Ansolute bull shot
    You living up to your user name aye?

looking forward to Leitch being an impartial observer at the next Hibs match where limited number of fans are allowed......

You living up to your user name aye?
    well done, resort to the SNP attack of choice......

looking forward to Leitch being an impartial observer at the next Hibs match where limited number of fans are allowed......
    You’ve got a stick up your arse about rugby, that’s your problem, not Derek Leitch’s - who you seem to forget was making weekly appearances on Scottish footballs biggest single radio programme.

You seem to be directing frustration of UK government problems with the Scottish Government. The Scottish government has taken a much stricter approach and it shows in our numbers.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 you honestly believe that .....

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    It looks like the past couple of pages are in the wrong forum, get politics off the football forum.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

You’ve got a stick up your arse about rugby, that’s your problem, not Derek Leitch’s - who you seem to forget was making weekly appearances on Scottish footballs biggest single radio programme.

that doesn’t mean that he is engaging with football..........being on Scottish radio biggest football programme is akin to be on SNP radio.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣 you honestly believe that .....
    Yeah I do. This is political, not football. You want to argue we can pop over to the holy ground.