hibs.net Messageboard

Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2247
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The

If you’re talking about rugby the SRU owns and controls everything to due with the professional game.
    Wis talking about fitba, tbh.

That said, I would expect the SRU to have some sort of insurance themselves. If not, maybe that's been a factor in the (apparent) larger payout. Or, perhaps, the money is also meant for the member clubs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Wis talking about fitba, tbh.

That said, I would expect the SRU to have some sort of insurance themselves. If not, maybe that's been a factor in the (apparent) larger payout. Or, perhaps, the money is also meant for the member clubs.
    There are so many layers-the two pro clubs,the next six semi pro and the member clubs will be jumping up and down if they don’t get a few quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    When did you fly out?
    Last week in July

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    I want abroad in July for a week holiday. Had a great time away and felt safer in the canaries than I did at home. There was also no guidance against travel ����
    When did you fly out?
    09/07/2020

The Scottish government has announced its list of 57 countries exempt from mandatory two-week quarantine upon arrival into the country.

The list is nearly identical to the one issued by the UK’s Department for Transport (DfT) concerning arrivals into England, but with two omissions: Spain and Serbia.

Previously, a “double lock” prevented nearly all international travel: the Foreign Office (FCO) advised against all non-essential travel abroad, invalidating travel insurance, and a mandatory 14-day quarantine period was imposed on all inbound arrivals to the UK.

From 10 July, the quarantine will be lifted for those travelling to Scotland from designated “travel corridor” destinations. However, there is a separate list of 67 countries exempt from the FCO travel warning as of 4 July – and the two are not the same. Only 46 destinations can be found on both lists.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-8-july-2020/

Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 10-12-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Testimonial Due
    If the BBC news is to be believed, after the 31 December if no deal in place, we could need visa's to travel to Europe and proof of vaccination????
    It could well scupper hundreds of holiday destinations for the masses!!!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    If the BBC news is to be believed, after the 31 December if no deal in place, we could need visa's to travel to Europe and proof of vaccination????
    Check the Brexit thread. I posted the EU contingency plans. 6 months of transition.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    I don't think that's quite the full story they've painted.

As things stand we come under some EU rule that allows us to travel there, if we aren't in the EU (January) we would need to be on a list of allowed countries based on low infection rates - a list that we currently wouldn't be on.

However individual countries can override that by having travel corridors set up with the UK to allow travel.

I've not read anything about visas (for holidaymakers) or vaccination requirements and I suspect that a lot of countries would be keen to get a travel corridor set up if this isn't something that is entirely dealt with before then.
    Mon the Hibs.

Check the Brexit thread. I posted the EU contingency plans. 6 months of transition.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55259144

Link added

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    ‘The whole of Europe is under severe pressure’ - yet somehow manage to allow fans back into stadia. Dress it up how you like, it’s pure stubbornness not to allow it, Leitch has said himself that there is very little risk transmission outdoors in a stadium. How many cases have come from stadia where fans are allowed across Europe? Your argument is nonsense, if they were that worried about the deaths and cases when making decisions they wouldn’t be allowing folks in cinemas to watch football, you wouldn’t be allowed in hospitality, shops etc. They’re finding ways of opening up far higher risk areas yet point blank refuse regarding football shows their discontent towards it.
    My take on it is Nicola wouldn’t agree to it this month ,given arrangements being put in place fir X mass and bringing all tier four authorities down a tier
    She will then expect a surge in cases over the festive period so no chance of anything changing in January fir Football
    What happens after that will be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Jason Leitch is on STV now. Please watch and digest what he’s saying, maybe it’ll help people get some perspective on why football isn’t going back.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Jason Leitch is on STV now. Please watch and digest what he’s saying, maybe it’ll help people get some perspective on why football isn’t going back.
    Hes a clown

What’s he saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Hes a clown
    Care to expand?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Care to expand?

the reply should be interesting

then again, maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    What’s he saying?
    He’s taking lots of questions from the public, putting the numbers in to perspective and explaining why changes were and weren’t made.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    this should be interesting
    I doubt it.

Watched it, still can’t see any consistency with regards the decisions made. I’m sure you’ll be able to enlighten us though. You can say it til the cows come home, but football fans shouldn’t be behind cinemas, pubs, shops and gyms in regards to getting customers in the door.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    I doubt it.

indeed

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Pompous evangelical Dentist

Watched it, still can’t see any consistency with regards the decisions made. I’m sure you’ll be able to enlighten us though. You can say it til the cows come home, but football fans shouldn’t be behind cinemas, pubs, shops and gyms in regards to getting customers in the door.
    I don’t remember the last time I jumped to my feet and celebrated something in a cinema, or shouted at the screen and put others at risk because of it. Gyms is pretty obvious why they were out ahead of football no? Physical and mental well-being is pretty important during a global pandemic - though football provides some mental well-being to some and there’s no denying that. Pubs, pretty obvious to me: most pubs are small businesses that needed the chance to trade again or they go out of business, they don’t have deals with big bodies that provide a large chunk of their income.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Pompous evangelical Dentist
    Right.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    The saturation that comes with Prof Jason Leitch and the emergence of the strong Hun are two of the least enjoyable aspects of the pandemic. His wee FM sidekick is joint second and the other one, Prof Linda Bauld, has cost me two tellies already as her coupon and twisted accent does my head in.

It’s becoming easy to blame all of them for this mess.

Leitch is just loving the fame

I don’t remember the last time I jumped to my feet and celebrated something in a cinema, or shouted at the screen and put others at risk because of it. Gyms is pretty obvious why they were out ahead of football no? Physical and mental well-being is pretty important during a global pandemic - though football provides some mental well-being to some and there’s no denying that. Pubs, pretty obvious to me: most pubs are small businesses that needed the chance to trade again or they go out of business, they don’t have deals with big bodies that provide a large chunk of their income.
    But all of which are far more risky than an outdoor open air event, as has been advised by Leitch himself on many an occasion. So which is it? Jumping to your feet, and celebrating, outside, with a mask on, while distanced from anyone else, isn’t a huge risk of transmission. Very simple. They are literally showing football games in cinemas 😂 Btw, most football clubs are also small businesses that if they don’t get the chance to trade ASAP will go out of business. All the arguments against football is the risk of transmission (which is very low) and the economics goes out the window, yet pubs and other industries it’s all about the economics and less worry about the transmission which is far higher.

But all of which are far more risky than an outdoor open air event, as has been advised by Leitch himself on many an occasion. So which is it? Jumping to your feet, and celebrating, outside, with a mask on, while distanced from anyone else, isn’t a huge risk of transmission. Very simple. They are literally showing football games in cinemas 😂 Btw, most football clubs are also small businesses that if they don’t get the chance to trade ASAP will go out of business. All the arguments against football is the risk of transmission (which is very low) and the economics goes out the window, yet pubs and other industries it’s all about the economics and less worry about the transmission which is far higher.
    I think football is also at the back of the queue because of the risk of the conduct of a minority of fans, they don’t know how people will behave.

Most football clubs are backed and supported by people with money, most small businesses are not.

Yeah sure, he’s loving it alright.

I think football is also at the back of the queue because of the risk of the conduct of a minority of fans, they don’t know how people will behave.

Most football clubs are backed and supported by people with money, most small businesses are not.
    ‘Most football clubs’ - that couldn’t be further from the truth. Majority of football clubs work week to week outwith the top division. The fans through the door are the majority of their income, they rely on the small businesses for sponsorships and that’s dried up this year. Football exists outwith the top league and those clubs are struggling immensely.

Your right, there’s a far greater risk in a football stadium watching a game, than in a cinema watching the same game, or a pub drinking watching the same game.

‘Most football clubs’ - that couldn’t be further from the truth. Majority of football clubs work week to week outwith the top division. The fans through the door are the majority of their income, they rely on the small businesses for sponsorships and that’s dried up this year. Football exists outwith the top league and those clubs are struggling immensely.

Your right, there’s a far greater risk in a football stadium watching a game, than in a cinema watching the same game, or a pub drinking watching the same game.
    Not once have I said that, not once. I think it’s ridiculous that any of these industries have been allowed to open, they should all still be closed and recovering the backing they require from the government in order to preserve jobs and livelihoods.

Small clubs need the fans, but I frankly don’t give a **** at the moment because I haven’t considered smaller clubs because I’ve been focussed on being thankful that the team I support doesn’t have those problems. Now that can be viewed as selfish or whatever but I don’t care, why get worked up about it? I’ve got enough to worry about thinking about small football clubs. That’s not to say it’s not important, it is, but what’s also important is that our club is fine for the moment.

I back the some of the decisions made by the government, I don’t necessarily back the football blackout but I can at least understand it.

Now I will leave you to be upset about not being able to sit in the stadium, and I’ll watch Hibs on the telly, listen to them on the radio and I’ll still enjoy it.

Not once have I said that, not once. I think it’s ridiculous that any of these industries have been allowed to open, they should all still be closed and recovering the backing they require from the government in order to preserve jobs and livelihoods.

Small clubs need the fans, but I frankly don’t give a **** at the moment because I haven’t considered smaller clubs because I’ve been focussed on being thankful that the team I support doesn’t have those problems. Now that can be viewed as selfish or whatever but I don’t care, why get worked up about it? I’ve got enough to worry about thinking about small football clubs. That’s not to say it’s not important, it is, but what’s also important is that our club is fine for the moment.

I back the some of the decisions made by the government, I don’t necessarily back the football blackout but I can at least understand it.

Now I will leave you to be upset about not being able to sit in the stadium, and I’ll watch Hibs on the telly, listen to them on the radio and I’ll still enjoy it.
    But that’s your thoughts, that can’t be the thoughts of those in charge of our country. ‘Ach **** them, they’re nothing to do with me so I don’t care’ 😂 the government have a job to treat every industry equally and fairly, and frankly our government have failed miserably at that. They can talk the talk (some of them) but can’t walk the walk. It’s neither wonder sports have been neglected when Fitzpatrick has been in hiding for the last 9 months, and when he surfaces he makes a complete Noel Hunt of himself.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Think he’s just a puppet for the SG