hibs.net Messageboard

Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2247
    This has probably been raised already, but I can't be bothered to go back multiple pages to find out

Aside from being nice and getting a few fans into the ground to cheer the players on, what incentive is there for Hibs to open the gates to a few thousand fans even if it was allowed? I would imagine there would be no catering and no hospitality, so Hibs wouldn't make any money from that and I imagine it would be a requirement to have some extra staff and stewards who would cost the club money.

And then how do you pick the say 2000? Even if it was a straight up ballot of ST holders what happens next time, are the lucky first time winners excluded from the next ballot?
    If they are excluded what if the game they got lucky for was Hibs v Hamilton but they were then excluded from a chance at a cup tie against the Rangers or even Hearts?
    What if Hibs decided 1500 would be ST holders and the other 500 tickets were put on general sale to give walk ups a chance?

We all know what this place is like, there would be uproar

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This has probably been raised already, but I can't be bothered to go back multiple pages to find out

Aside from being nice and getting a few fans into the ground to cheer the players on, what incentive is there for Hibs to open the gates to a few thousand fans even if it was allowed? I would imagine there would be no catering and no hospitality, so Hibs wouldn't make any money from that and I imagine it would be a requirement to have some extra staff and stewards who would cost the club money.

And then how do you pick the say 2000? Even if it was a straight up ballot of ST holders what happens next time, are the lucky first time winners excluded from the next ballot?
    If they are excluded what if the game they got lucky for was Hibs v Hamilton but they were then excluded from a chance at a cup tie against the Rangers or even Hearts?
    What if Hibs decided 1500 would be ST holders and the other 500 tickets were put on general sale to give walk ups a chance?

I've pointed out before that there would only be costs involved for Hibs as the income has already been received.

However it's a good way to keep fans engaged and I think it would only be season ticket holders eligible for any ballot as that would be a way of thanking those who forked out knowing that there was a real risk of not being able to attend any games.

As regards which match you get, that's pure luck and once you've accepted that's you until everyone else has been picked. I'd probably give people two weeks notice and ask for acceptances so that any seat which isn't accepted could then be offered to someone else. Seats would be non-transferable to enable track and trace. Family groups could be included together, so a family of three has three chance to be picked but if any one of them is picked then all three have to go or miss out.

Frankly I couldn't care whether I get top of the table Sevco or bottom of the league Hamilton - I'd just like to be there and won't be put off by wearing a mask or not sitting next to anyone.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

IMO, they have a responsibility to give as many people as possible what they have paid for, whenever this becomes possible.

Regarding who gets to go, I think it should be a case of a straightforward ballot with season ticket holders only. Find out who wants to be included/excluded and take it from there.

Left by mutual consent!
    I haven't missed going to ER anything like as much as I thought I would and I have no real interest in being part of any limited crowds which might be allowed before the end of the season. However, it's a currently a lovely bright wintery morning in Edinburgh and with Hibs at home and playing a (hopefully) winnable game I'm thinking for the first time in a long while that it would be nice to be able to head down to the game today.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    I haven't missed going to ER anything like as much as I thought I would and I have no real interest in being part of any limited crowds which might be allowed before the end of the season. However, it's a currently a lovely bright wintery morning in Edinburgh and with Hibs at home and playing a (hopefully) winnable game I'm thinking for the first time in a long while that it would be nice to be able to head down to the game today.
    I think people might miss it more if it was the only thing in life that's changed, but the fact that it's a relatively small part of every day life being turned on it's head means the effect is lessened.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think people might miss it more if it was the only thing in life that's changed, but the fact that it's a relatively small part of every day life being turned on it's head means the effect is lessened.
    Yes from my point of view I'd agree with that tho I'd suggest there are some fans for whom it's been a very big miss and the lack of that weekly (or more) routine and the companionship etc that often goes with it will have been hard to adjust to.

no danger there will be walk ups

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    no danger there will be walk ups
    Have to agree, that would just be ridiculous if all season ticket holders can’t get in.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    Have to agree, that would just be ridiculous if all season ticket holders can’t get in.
    how many ST holders are there again?

how many ST holders are there again?
    A bit over 11k. Don't know if a final figure was ever announced.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    I know it's starting to sound like excuses from Lennon, but does he have a point about Celtic finding it harder going without fans? It could be argued that while Rangers look to be the better side this season there's less pressure on them trying to stop 10 in a row without their fans on their back, which would probably have happened if they'd started to slip up as they have done over the last couple of seasons. Celtic on the the other hand would likely benefit from their fans willing them on to reach the 10 in a row mark.

Overall, has anyone heard any players talk at any length about what it's like to play in empty stadia every game? While for some I imagine the absence of the pressure might help them shrug off any mistakes they make, I can't help thinking that for most it must feel a bit like playing training matches/closed doors (literally) games every week and it will arguably hard for them to raise their game.

Or does it not really bother players whether there are fans there or not?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

I'm not sure on the commercial clauses behind our sponsorship contracts and whether or not we'd be able to offer any hospitality but I suspect any additional income from those areas would be offset by the extra costs. However, fans have already paid to be there so I think there's a degree of expectation on Hibs to get fans in as and when they can.

I'd suggest it's a ballot but one that ST holders apply for so as to avoid someone being picked and being unable to attend.

Once you're in once you don't re-enter the ballot until everyone else has had their shot too.

No walk ups until we're allowed over 11,000 (or whatever the ST sales were in the end) into the ground.

First Team Breakthrough
    There is a company in Nottingham who have developed a Covid Killing mask (it kills all viruses) and is starting to be mass produced next month. I think professional sports should be investigating the potential with this. It could be a game changer in getting crowds back into stadia nationwide.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by roo62 View Post
    There is a company in Nottingham who have developed a Covid Killing mask (it kills all viruses) and is starting to be mass produced next month. I think professional sports should be investigating the potential with this. It could be a game changer in getting crowds back into stadia nationwide.
    Do you have a link, I’d like to read more about this?

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I'm assuming it's this.

https://www.itv.com/news/central/202...dr-gareth-cave

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Thanks

First Team Breakthrough
    The company is Pharm2farm and the mask was developed by Dr Gareth Cave. They are working with a German company Volz who are supporting worldwide production requirements and they are also awaiting a production line from Spain to arrive in the UK mid December for testing. The opportunity for the NHS,Care Homes,Air travel, Cruise Ships ...and professional sports, theatre,music arenas...endless really.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thanks
    Yes both

Quote Originally Posted by roo62 View Post
    The company is Pharm2farm and the mask was developed by Dr Gareth Cave. They are working with a German company Volz who are supporting worldwide production requirements and they are also awaiting a production line from Spain to arrive in the UK mid December for testing. The opportunity for the NHS,Care Homes,Air travel, Cruise Ships ...and professional sports, theatre,music arenas...endless really.
    Only a partial defence against breathing in droplets. No good for the 101 other ways you can become infected.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Only a partial defence against breathing in droplets. No good for the 101 other ways you can become infected.
    After touching something that has the virus droplets and then touching your mouth/nose/eyes, what are the other 100?
    Mon the Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough
    It has more than a partial defence AH - over 90% it is claimed...similar to the vaccine success rates we are all hoping for. Don't knock it we will be wearing masks for a long time and virus killing masks will safe lives. Just think if the Chinese scientists in Wuhan had been wearing them in the lab where the virus escaped from (one theory) the world might just have been Covid free ...just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    After touching something that has the virus droplets and then touching your mouth/nose/eyes, what are the other 100?
    Heads, shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes......
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Mon the Hibs.

There’s not 101 other ways to catch it and
    face to face is the mostt likely
    Last edited by Santa Cruz; 28-11-2020 at 10:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    You lucky bugger at your age, it's head, shoulders, knees and back to shoulders for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    A bit over 11k. Don't know if a final figure was ever announced.
    cheers, call it 1o k as you have 1k who won’t want to attend. maybe call it 2.5k a match and you’d get in once in every 4 home games. No walk ups no away fans

cheers, call it 1o k as you have 1k who won’t want to attend. maybe call it 2.5k a match and you’d get in once in every 4 home games. No walk ups no away fans
    Makes sense. One in eight seats being used as well.

It'll take time before a decision is made to let us back but it'll probably work out at a couple of games each.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Makes sense. One in eight seats being used as well.

It'll take time before a decision is made to let us back but it'll probably work out at a couple of games each.
    Which area/ areas of the ground would you use and how would you manage the attendance of, and queuing of 2500 people given that 2 metre distancing is likely to be still in place. How will people leave the ground?

Genuinely not meant as an ars&y question, just trying to highlight that where people can sit is the really easy bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Which area/ areas of the ground would you use and how would you manage the attendance of, and queuing of 2500 people given that 2 metre distancing is likely to be still in place. How will people leave the ground?

Genuinely not meant as an ars&y question, just trying to highlight that where people can sit is the really easy bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didn't read as ars&y at all.

Thinking about it, the central sections of the West will be ruled out to protect the substitutes and coaches, and the South Lower because that's where the visitors are.

However the car park behind the West would allow for socially distanced queueing for either end of the stand and similarly there is plenty of room behind the East. There's a question mark over whether it would be worthwhile opening the South Upper (although there is room on the street for queues) and the Famous Five would have people queuing on the pavement (maybe down St Clair Street?).

Getting out would have to be controlled on a row by row basis.

It's doable, but as you say there's a lot to consider and any solution needs people to respect the rules in place.
    Last edited by Eyrie; 29-11-2020 at 06:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    No doubt all the carry on outside the lesser greens hovel today will delay crowds getting back further.