hibs.net Messageboard

Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2247
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not bad, considering there are only 3 tiers.
    Not sure if I've missed the joke but I assume that means football tier.

I don't expect any fan news up here until we've started the vaccine roll out.
    Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Not bad, considering there are only 3 tiers.
    Might want to tell that to those in league 2 downwards that they aren’t playing for anything then..

@hibs.net private member
    I wonder if the clubs will be that keen to have very small crowds allowed back in. I’m assuming it will be season ticket holders first with some sort of ballot so they won’t be generating any additional ticket revenue but will be required to cover additional policing/stewarding costs. Granted this might be offset by income collected at club shops, food kiosks.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

I think he's referring to the Covid Restrictions Tiers, not the English Leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I think he's referring to the Covid Restrictions Tiers, not the English Leagues.
    I was quite clearly talking about the tiers of the English pyramid, seeing as there aren’t more than 6 Covid tiers. Fans in non league grounds in England below the national league have been allowed into grounds for months since they started back up. That’s not been the case up here which is a shambles, hence my point of us not following that route, so no chance of us following the 4000 or 50% route.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I was quite clearly talking about the tiers of the English pyramid, seeing as there aren’t more than 6 Covid tiers. Fans in non league grounds in England below the national league have been allowed into grounds for months since they started back up. That’s not been the case up here which is a shambles, hence my point of us not following that route, so no chance of us following the 4000 or 50% route.

OK, I get you.

In which case, I'd just like to point out that England has an ELEVEN tier system.

OK, I get you.

In which case, I'd just like to point out that England has an ELEVEN tier system.
    I never said they didn’t? I actually think they have more tiers than 11, but could be wrong. My point was fans were allowed from tier 6 (I think) essentially out EOS leagues and below. There’s no reason why we never followed that based on the numbers attending and the space available to distance in a predominantly terraced/open area.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I never said they didn’t? I actually think they have more tiers than 11, but could be wrong. My point was fans were allowed from tier 6 (I think) essentially out EOS leagues and below. There’s no reason why we never followed that based on the numbers attending and the space available to distance in a predominantly terraced/open area.
    Elgin are allowed fans and they have said that they're struggling to make this happen due to the available space.

I can only assume that the distancing required in Scottish stadia is greater than it is in England and therefore not practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Elgin are allowed fans and they have said that they're struggling to make this happen due to the available space.

I can only assume that the distancing required in Scottish stadia is greater than it is in England and therefore not practical.

This might sound a bit stupid but, are the SG restricting fans to only use seated areas?

That would be a bit of a killer for the likes of Elgin, as they have just under 500 seats, so restricting it to a small percentage of that would be mean a miniscule number of fans

This might sound a bit stupid but, are the SG restricting fans to only use seated areas?

That would be a bit of a killer for the likes of Elgin, as they have just under 500 seats, so restricting it to a small percentage of that would be mean a miniscule number of fans
    I don't think it is just seated areas that they're allowed to use, Elgin's chairman said this the other week;

"The limitations at Borough Briggs stadium may possibly preclude it, but we will move hell and high water to endeavour to make it happen because we desperately want it.

"It is going to be really difficult in our stadium because all the seats are taken up by the red and amber zones. Our green zones, where fans could go, are the two ends and the far side and that may be the problem with access and social distancing when moving round."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...tball/54823753

I don't think it is just seated areas that they're allowed to use, Elgin's chairman said this the other week;

"The limitations at Borough Briggs stadium may possibly preclude it, but we will move hell and high water to endeavour to make it happen because we desperately want it.

"It is going to be really difficult in our stadium because all the seats are taken up by the red and amber zones. Our green zones, where fans could go, are the two ends and the far side and that may be the problem with access and social distancing when moving round."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...tball/54823753

Thanks. So they basically have no available seats.

The quote from the Elgin Chairman did actually highlight the problem. When you have people standing, and probably milling around, it's not nearly as easy to ensure the minimum distance is being kept as it would be with designated seating.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Thanks. So they basically have no available seats.

The quote from the Elgin Chairman did actually highlight the problem. When you have people standing, and probably milling around, it's not nearly as easy to ensure the minimum distance is being kept as it would be with designated seating.
    Yeah, people I know who went to some English lower league games a few months ago said some were standing spread out but others were standing in groups as they normally would (of course some of those might be household groups, but many won't be). In one case a penalty was given just before the end and loads of people congregated behind that goal…

Patience is a virtue at the moment.

Having fans back in limited numbers will cost Hibs money. I'd love to be part of a group of 1 or 2000 at a game, frankly watching on a screen leaves me disconnected and bored, but not if it doesn't make sense economically and from a health perspective.

We are close to a return to near normality. Heads down, get on with it and have ER rocking for the 1at game of next season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I’m talking non league though. I go and watch Preston for example. Taking the stand being close, due to player changing, then I look around the pitch and see grass verges that well over 1000 people can get into. I stand outside a perimeter wall watching the game. I am not allowed to stand the other side of that perimeter wall and pay my £6 to get in, along with the 50-100 others. My point being at these grounds (where it isn’t stadia in the most part, it is all terraces/grass verges) then they should’ve had fans in a long time ago.

I’ve absolutely no doubt that the committee members of these clubs would take great pride in walking round making sure distancing is observed.
    Last edited by hibbysam; 24-11-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Testimonial Due
    If England are to allow 4,000 fans in to games, most of their stadiums are more in keeping with Celtic and Rangers here, with some exceptions.
    So 4,000 would be lost in say Man Utd stadium, but in Fulham it would have a bit of atmosphere!
    Up here Hamilton and Livingston would be over half full!
    Would that then be an advantage to smaller stadia'd teams???

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    If England are to allow 4,000 fans in to games, most of their stadiums are more in keeping with Celtic and Rangers here, with some exceptions.
    So 4,000 would be lost in say Man Utd stadium, but in Fulham it would have a bit of atmosphere!
    Up here Hamilton and Livingston would be over half full!
    Would that then be an advantage to smaller stadia'd teams???
    It’s 4000 or 50% of capacity whichever is lower but not sure if they have to let any away fans in so if not that could be an advantage.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Excuse my ignorance 😁 But to save me trawling through recent news bulletins and updates , as well as countless threads.. Do we reckon we will be back in the stadiums at full capacity for next season or potentially earlier??

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Excuse my ignorance 😁 But to save me trawling through recent news bulletins and updates , as well as countless threads.. Do we reckon we will be back in the stadiums at full capacity for next season or potentially earlier??
    Full stadiums at the start of next season for me

Nobody really knows.

Full capacity probably won't happen until this time next year.

I think fans will return to every stadium in small numbers from August.

Full capacity probably won't happen until this time next year.

I think fans will return to every stadium in small numbers from August.

I can't see why it would take a full year for full stadiums when the vaccine is getting rolled out next month

Sooner the better , Only thing i have genuinely missed during this year is watching hibs

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I can't see why it would take a full year for full stadiums when the vaccine is getting rolled out next month

Sooner the better , Only thing i have genuinely missed during this year is watching hibs
    We'll see I suppose, just guesswork on my part.

I don't see us getting up to 20,000 people inside Easter Road until the vaccine's available to the general public, which it won't be for a long time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Patience is a virtue at the moment.

Having fans back in limited numbers will cost Hibs money. I'd love to be part of a group of 1 or 2000 at a game, frankly watching on a screen leaves me disconnected and bored, but not if it doesn't make sense economically and from a health perspective.

We are close to a return to near normality. Heads down, get on with it and have ER rocking for the 1at game of next season.
    I actually really agree with this, I had written off the prospect of getting into the ground this season when the second wave began showing signs. As you say it would be nice to get some folk back but at this point if its going to cost the club money I'd rather we just knuckle down and see this through to the vaccine rather than try and get a small number of people in.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Full stadiums at the start of next season for me

I reckon that's a pretty shrewd estimate, reliant on the vaccine rollout going relatively smoothly. IMO it will take the rest of this season to hopefully build up from small attendances to a full house. It would only take a spike or two to put us right back into the Tom Kite again.

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    I reckon that's a pretty shrewd estimate, reliant on the vaccine rollout going relatively smoothly. IMO it will take the rest of this season to hopefully build up from small attendances to a full house. It would only take a spike or two to put us right back into the Tom Kite again.
    Only my take on it bud

Testimonial Due
    Given the Christmas bubble announcement, I think the only places full in the New Year will be hospitals!!!!

I think the only way fans will get back into full stadiums will be through either,
    You can show a valid ID along with proof of vaccination certificate
    or
    Roughly,75% of the population have been vaccinated.

KLM and Transavia are talking about only letting folk on board planes if they have proof of vaccination.(not sure on the full story though)

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

No joke, there are only three tiers in England, the post I replied to said there were 6 tiers

I blame the original post for confusing the league structure with the tiers of restrictions.
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 25-11-2020 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Tiers for souvenirs
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55073217

Sturgeon in no rush to put football at the front of the queue. Rightly so I feel.