hibs.net Messageboard

Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2247
    @hibs.net private member hibeenicol's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll nicol ll
    I honestly thought we would have been back by now and am gutted it has not worked out that way. Currently I'm spending £75pm on the payment plan for season tickets I was happy to pay that if we were getting back to the stadium however if we are not getting back until next season I don't really want to keep paying that cash for no return unfortunately.

Whats folks thoughts?

Do you think Hibs will change their thoughts on this now and carry over the season ticket next season or continue with the current model of a season ticket allows you to watch the games live only on Hibs TV?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibeenicol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly thought we would have been back by now and am gutted it has not worked out that way. Currently I'm spending £75pm on the payment plan for season tickets I was happy to pay that if we were getting back to the stadium however if we are not getting back until next season I don't really want to keep paying that cash for no return unfortunately.

Whats folks thoughts?

Do you think Hibs will change their thoughts on this now and carry over the season ticket next season or continue with the current model of a season ticket allows you to watch the games live only on Hibs TV?
    That's a tough one.
    Players and employees of the club still need paid, if we are to survive this pandemic relatively unscathed.
    Hopefully most supporters will choose to leave things as they are and show support for the club.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

Whats folks thoughts?

I renewed my ticket to support the club. I did hope that we would be back some time this season but its looking very unlikely now. The club will need our support more than ever.

Unless football is back next season which you would hope there is then season ticket sales will take a huge hit, there will be a number of households who have bought 2,3 or 4 tickets that may still support the club but will only pay for the price of 1 ticket.
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 22-09-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Whats folks thoughts?

Hard. Times like this though it’s what we do for the club, not what it does for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Hard. Times like this though it’s what we do for the club, not what it does for us.
    There will be plenty of us unable to justify or afford anywhere near the same outlay next season when there is no prospect of live football. No fans will mean players wages will have to be slashed.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I think most of us bought our season tickets knowing on the most part, the funds were going towards keeping the club afloat, as opposed to actually being able to attend matches with it.

I don’t reckon it’ll be safe to go in a stadium until next season unfortunately. If it keeps more grannies and grandpas alive to come see us next season, I’m more than happy to enjoy Hibs from home.

A wee European tour in summer 2021 would be a great way to get back in a stadium for the first time anyway.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Whats folks thoughts?

As good as that would be I don't think they could afford it. They might be able to offer a discount for this seasons ST holders if they renew next season though.

Whats folks thoughts?

Don't think things will change for this season. Hibs won't be in a position to afford refunds i dont think or carry the tickets on to next season.

I'm currently paying for 4 tickets in our house, not ideal and doubt I'd be able to buy 4 next seasonn if we aren't getting into the stadium

Left by mutual consent!
    With it looking all but certain we won't see fans back this season they should give serious consideration to scrapping the cup competitions for this season (as well as last season's remaining Scottish Cup games) and just play out the league games. With no ticket sales to offset costs, that would at least save clubs (especially smaller clubs) on travel/accommodation.

Whats folks thoughts?

The latter.

I don't see anyone being offered a refund on this season's season ticket.

@hibs.net private member
    Don’t see any clubs selling many half season tickets this season.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    With it looking all but certain we won't see fans back this season they should give serious consideration to scrapping the cup competitions for this season (as well as last season's remaining Scottish Cup games) and just play out the league games. With no ticket sales to offset costs, that would at least save clubs (especially smaller clubs) on travel/accommodation.
    You still banging that drum.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The players did that in their own time.

If you'd been with the Aberdeen players that night, would your employer have been fined?
    If an Aberdeen player was sitting in the park chatting to a guy talk about the inner workings of the guy's bank's pricing strategy then the Aberdeen player wouldn’t get in bother. Chances are someone in financial services could get in bother for that (as could their employer).

Coaching Staff
    Excellent point.

Aye and do ourselves out of money from last seasons Scottish, plus probably having to pay even more back towards paying Premier Sports back. No thank you. Not to mention the chance to play hearts in a semi final.

That won’t happen.The TV and sponsorship money for the cups are too important.The least prize money any team in the League Cup gets is £20K,a fortune for the smallest clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It's a rotten drum.

From the BBC:

Fans may not to be able to return to watch live sporting events in England until the end of March at the earliest.

At a meeting on Tuesday, sports governing bodies - including those from football, rugby, cricket, Formula 1 and horse racing - were told to prepare for no spectators throughout the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    From the BBC:

Fans may not to be able to return to watch live sporting events in England until the end of March at the earliest.

At a meeting on Tuesday, sports governing bodies - including those from football, rugby, cricket, Formula 1 and horse racing - were told to prepare for no spectators throughout the winter.
    Yep the restrictions announced in England today (including no sports fans) is expected to last for 6 months so that would take you to March.

Testimonial Due
    Not looking good. The championship and below will struggle to survive:

Coronavirus: Fans may not be able to return to sporting events until at least end of March - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post

Coronavirus: Fans may not be able to return to sporting events until at least end of March - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745
    I'd be stunned if every club in Scotland survives this.

It's horrible saying this as I could imagine the pain of this happening to Hibs but maybe for the betterment of the game going forward it wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe some clubs could merge etc. 42 senior clubs in Scotland is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    It's horrible saying this as I could imagine the pain of this happening to Hibs but maybe for the betterment of the game going forward it wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe some clubs could merge etc. 42 senior clubs in Scotland is a lot.
    Who's going to support those new clubs?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Alright Anne. I get the feeling you might need one or two of them going forward so maybe best just shut it and keep a lower profile hen.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Yup - cuckoo.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post

How will PL clubs survive?

Hibs will have substantial monthly commitments with minimal income - and yet are still buying new players?

Businesses tend to spend money as soon as they get it - they generally don't have cash reserves to draw on when things go bad - how long can clubs continue in this environment before they just stop paying players?

I know it's only football - but the last 6 months have proved that people need it - we also need restaurants, cafes, to be able to travel - it's all what makes society. Going to the office on a Monday morning and talking about the game / looking forward to the derby at the weekend. I'd hate to be working from home if I was just starting out in my working life - I'm retired now but am still in touch with people I met at work 30 years ago - I wouldn't have that relationship if I'd only met them on a zoom call once a week.

Watching football on tv at the moment is joyless - it would have been great to be at the Rangers game last weekend - I listened to it on the radio while I was washing the car.

I say that as someone who has been a football fan for 50 years - it's always been part of my life. But the longer this goes on, young people will find other things to do at weekends - and some won't go back to following some crappy football team that continually lets them down - with all the joy that brings!

I'm glad I'm not the owner of a football club - but I'd hope that the Boards of the Scottish PL clubs are in contact at the moment trying to work out a future for the game - a full season of this will be rubbish.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Who's going to support those new clubs?
    The government and banks have to, in the same way it has to support all businesses that are unable to trade because of the restrictions put in place.

This isn’t intended to be a political point, but if the government, whether that’s the UK or Scottish government can’t back businesses during this time then they shouldn’t impose the measures they have. If they can’t afford to do it then they need to allow the clubs and companies outside of football to try and trade as normally as possible, failure to do so will be catastrophic every industry and people self employed across the country.

I think Hibs have done well here considering. They delayed announcing Hibs tv pay per view to add value to all fans who bought season tickets, ( I’ve not got one) but without the season ticket cash we’d be struggling to operate so well done all who chipped in!

The only significant revenue stream open to the club now is streaming matches and selling them to non season ticket holders and away fans.

Hibs can’t devalue the season ticket so should sell pay-per view at match ticket prices.

im willing to pay that if it helps us this year.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    I'm surprised to see the idea of clubs merging for the good of the game being suggested on a Hibs forum of all places. Its like 1990 never happened.

What happens if the four Angus clubs (as that's the example most often given) were to merge and play their games at, say, Gayfield? Would Montrose, Forfar and Brechin fans all travel every second Saturday to watch Angus United? Its not their team, so why should they? Would even Arbroath fans bother? Just because these teams have fewer supporters than Hibs doesn't mean that those supporters don't feel just as strongly about their club as we do about ours. When Third Lanark went out of business most of their fans drifted out of going to football rather than go and support someone else that wasn't their team. So you'd end up with a Frankenstein club that no-one's all that bothered about, playing in front of a few fans, with hundreds of paying customers lost to the game.

Some might say that's better than going out of business completely. However I know that if Hibs, Hearts and Edinburgh City were to merge into an Edinburgh United I wouldn't feel any attachment to the new team. It would feel to me that Hibs were gone and would have been as well going out of business.

The 42 senior clubs thing is a different matter and would be better solved through league reconstruction, especially now with a pyramid of sorts coming in (or should have, in a non-Covid world) than getting rid of clubs.
    Last edited by G15 Hibs; 23-09-2020 at 06:57 AM.