hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Nobody really knows why get upset over what someone else thinks may or not happen, all irrelevant.
    Stay safe everyone.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    While I also hate the doom and gloom posts, I do wonder about the wisdom of finishing the Scottish Cup.

Imagine (just for a minute) that Hibs got to the final and won. Never mind fans in stadiums, what about 150,000 people going radge in Leith boozers / house parties etc etc?

Government would be going off their collective heids !

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I also hate the doom and gloom posts, I do wonder about the wisdom of finishing the Scottish Cup.

Imagine (just for a minute) that Hibs got to the final and won. Never mind fans in stadiums, what about 150,000 people going radge in Leith boozers / house parties etc etc?

Would it be worse than Liverpool? I don't remember that causing any spike etc.

That's not me playing down the virus or encouraging people to go radge on the streets in Leith though!
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Yes I know, but the government were talking about allowing fans in before UEFA made that decision. If the government were prepared to allow fans into that game I would assume they’ll pick another event to test the water. My guess is they’ll pick a rugby game now as it would be an unfair advantage to any football team to have fans in. I’m just not understanding why people are saying next year when plans are in place for next month.
    Murrayfield could have games the next 2 maybe 3 weekends. Too soon for anything to be arranged. I went to the SRU shop yesterday, you needed to sign in at the gate house, and completed a specific COVID questionnaire and they would then phone the shop to tell them you were on your way.

Left by mutual consent!

I remain very surprised by the decision to try and finish last season's tournament (as well as the European competitions). It just seemed to over-complicate an already challenging fixture list and I doubt there would really have been too many complaints if they'd decided not finish it. Of course if we do get hit by another shutdown it may yet get scrapped I guess.

A bit of perspective for attending a sport’s event. Admittedly, no spectators, however, if I can give you a break down of the Covid protocols I had to go through, just to attend, itmight give you an idea what may be required for fans to start attending matches again.

I’ve been marshalling (stray ball spotting if truth be told) at the Ladies Scottish Open Golf at Renaissance Club, North Berwick for the past 4 days. The following is what I had to do, as well as the 160 or so others volunteering at the event:-

- Complete an online Covid symptoms questionnaire daily for the past 10 days
    - Temperature check every day when entering the course.
    - Face mask had to be worn at all times - even outdoors.
    - Personal hand sanitiser liquid bottles supplied every day
    - Designated loos for use of folk depending on which “bubble” you were in.
    - Players, caddies, etc in a less restrictive “bubble” but Joe Public like myself more strictly ‘controlled’.
    - No catering, so possibly no half time pie (That might be a bonus at ER!!)

Now, can you imagine some or all of these rules being applied to football fans and them all being adhered to 100%? I’m not so sure.

Yes, they may be OTT and possibly not required but I’m sure some of these would be insisted on if fans are to be allowed in stadiums again.

As I say just a thought on what might happen. Are you all prepared and willing to go along with it, to begin with at any rate? It certainly won’t just be a case of - everyone back to ER as we were up to early March 2020.

Not sure how much of an indication this gives for football but the Premier League darts event in Glasgow, originally scheduled in May and then rescheduled to September will now be a closed doors event in Milton Keynes and Glasgow's now due to host the 2021 event in May next year.

My opinion is that for the Scottish government and their scientists allowing fans into grounds, in any numbers, will be pretty low down on their list of priorities. Even if the levels of infection in Scotland remain as they are, I don't think they will jeapordise the possibility of that increasing by allowing fans of any sports to attend events.

In the big scheme of things there's far more important things in society than football. I'm guessing football will be behind closed doors for at least the winter. I'm just happy to have Hibs back.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    I remain very surprised by the decision to try and finish last season's tournament (as well as the European competitions). It just seemed to over-complicate an already challenging fixture list and I doubt there would really have been too many complaints if they'd decided not finish it. Of course if we do get hit by another shutdown it may yet get scrapped I guess.
    You can be almost certain that one of the 4 semi finalists would have complained about it being unfair on them not to be allowed to win the cup they have a special relationship with. 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I think it's time we had a mass 'eye test' at Easter Road.

If you can see the game for 90 minutes, it means you're OK to see the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    Murrayfield could have games the next 2 maybe 3 weekends. Too soon for anything to be arranged. I went to the SRU shop yesterday, you needed to sign in at the gate house, and completed a specific COVID questionnaire and they would then phone the shop to tell them you were on your way.
    I’ll take that back, apparently something in discussion for a week on Saturday

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    That’s promising.

United we stand here....

Edinburgh Rugby?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Edinburgh Rugby?
    yes

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-c...rmat-continues

possibility of some fans probably ST. If they can top the group would allow For a home semi the next week maybe the same again?

yes

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-c...rmat-continues

possibility of some fans probably ST. If they can top the group would allow For a home semi the next week maybe the same again?
    That’s promising.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That’s promising.
    got to start somewhere, don’t care where, the sooner the better

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    My opinion is that for the Scottish government and their scientists allowing fans into grounds, in any numbers, will be pretty low down on their list of priorities. Even if the levels of infection in Scotland remain as they are, I don't think they will jeapordise the possibility of that increasing by allowing fans of any sports to attend events.

In the big scheme of things there's far more important things in society than football. I'm guessing football will be behind closed doors for at least the winter. I'm just happy to have Hibs back.
    Agree!

Also think it's going to be unmanageable at the toilets. Imagine those who pee in the sink at Tiny because they can't be bothered queuing, won't think twice about social distancing when they are dying for a pee at Easter Road. Not saying that they'll pee in the sink, but won't bother too much when they go shoulder to shoulder in the toilets.

That’s promising.
    It is promising although there's a big difference between a rugby crowd and a football crowd.

I'd say it's easier to keep a rugby crowd controlled.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Nonsense

A truly pointless comment, this one.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It’s not going to happen. It’s not just the attendance at games, the government won’t want to see mass travel to games or people trying to pack in to pubs pre-match. Since we came out of lockdown too many people think we are getting back to normal. We are in the eye of the storm just now, things are going to get worse again before they get better .
    This is exactly how I see it. People travelling to a fairly mass event from various locations all over Scotland and then mingling in close proximity before, during and after the game . It is not trackable. Then you factor droplet spread through singing and roaring at incompetent refereeing decisions. Just not going to happen any time soon unless there is a vaccine

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I wonder if Hearts have prepared a statement already for when the time comes when Premiership teams are allowed fans before the non-elite clubs are.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    This is exactly how I see it. People travelling to a fairly mass event from various locations all over Scotland and then mingling in close proximity before, during and after the game . It is not trackable. Then you factor droplet spread through singing and roaring at incompetent refereeing decisions. Just not going to happen any time soon unless there is a vaccine
    Why are they bothering with test events then?

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Why are they bothering with test events then?
    I have no idea. It is a complete waste of time testing it because you cannot track and trace. Live music and theatre, singing in churches all still ruled out. New rules governing bars. There is no way you can make an argument for returning crowds.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Overkill IMHO. Unless they are testing some system to do with getting fans back at games.

J

I have no idea. It is a complete waste of time testing it because you cannot track and trace. Live music and theatre, singing in churches all still ruled out. New rules governing bars. There is no way you can make an argument for returning crowds.
    How can’t you track and trace? Thought that’d be relatively easy given you know who you’ve sold a ticket to and where they’ve been sitting.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    How can’t you track and trace? Thought that’d be relatively easy given you know who you’ve sold a ticket to and where they’ve been sitting.
    ID upon entry matching the ticket. In one fell swoop killed touts in an instant.

J

Surely there are not 150,000 people that would do that I agree a lot would but think the numbers would be under 10,000 maybe way lower.

I can't see crowds at games anytime soon, SG want to be seen as the safe pair of hands they are not going to jeopardise that position soon.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Any return of fans to an outdoor sporting event in Scotland, has to be a positive

How can’t you track and trace? Thought tat’d be relatively easy given you know who you’ve sold a ticket to and where they’ve been sitting.
    OK so someone tests positive. Say that person got a train fi Kirkcaldy, went for a beer before the game in a rammed pub, went to a different rammed pub after, taxi to Waverley and train home..Suddenly you have a huge logistic nightmare. The seat number is the easy bit.

OK so someone tests positive. Say that person got a train fi Kirkcaldy, went for a beer before the game in a rammed pub, went to a different rammed pub after, taxi to Waverley and train home..Suddenly you have a huge logistic nightmare. The seat number is the easy bit.
    But if that person isn’t going to the football they’ll be doing something else instead, where they are likely coming into contact with people. It throws up the same issues for track and trace. There will be more people getting the train in to Edinburgh to go to the shops, a bite to eat and few pints on a Saturday than there would be for a game at Easter Road in front of a restricted crowd.