hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Scottish Government really believed that outbreaks should be contained locally Glaswegians would be facing the same travel restrictions as Aberdeen did wouldn’t they?

Did Aberdonians have travel restrictions? I thought it was just pubs and clubs that had closed down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Did Aberdonians have travel restrictions? I thought it was just pubs and clubs that had closed down.

This is what came in there on 5 August: https://www.gov.scot/news/local-rest...d-in-aberdeen/

"People in Aberdeen City are asked not to meet other households indoors or travel more than five miles for leisure or recreational purposes."

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

Yeap. Not allowed to travel more than five miles and visits into the city were banned except for work etc.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm sorry but it doesn't and despite your personal digs, which I'll rise above, it still doesn't explain why going to a football match is any different to any other activity.

Going by the measures that are going to be in place this weekend, there's more chance of catching Covid-19 in the street than there is of catching it at the football.

People are allowed to go shopping or dining in Edinburgh this weekend regardless of where they are in the country. The social distancing inside a shop or restaurant will be nothing like it will be inside the football grounds this weekend. What if there's an outbreak in the shop or restaurant? The people affected in a restaurant should be contactable and told to isolate, although not sure about a shop.

The same would happen if there was an outbreak from the game although considering it's outside and people will be a considerable distance from others, I'd say it's much safer than an indoor environment like a shop or restaurant.
    What is different about football?

1. In churches you are prohibited from singing hymns
    2. Choirs are prohibited from performing
    3. Music lessons for wind instruments require 5m distancing
    4. Background music banned in pubs etc

Those four measures are in place because projection of droplet containing the virus are projected further, even if wearing a mask, when you sing or chant or blow or have to shout to be heard.

Show me a football fan who does not cheer, boo, chant shout etc at some stage during a game

People are not social distancing in crowded places because those places they are attending have not been specifically designed for it, just like stadia. People ingnore rules or are compromised by others doing so.

Football fans are notorious for rigidly sticking to ground rules are they not?

The criteria for circulation access and egress is built around getting people out safely and quickly in an emergency not have get them out in a chorographed manner.

Football fans, some of whom enjoy a beverage or two, alcoholic or otherwise are notorious for being able to control their bladders long enough so as to stay seated for over 2 hour aren't they.

In shops etc you dont get "emotionally overcome" or have moments of madness when you see a product on a shelf and lose it running about jumping up and down hugging strangers, just like football fans dont. Right?

We have no impirical evidence, yet, of the incidence and risks from crowds in stadia behaving differently, which they will, than they do in other environments. (Other than Cheltenham caused a surge in England and Ireland)

It is why you start small, risk assess, review, build on the outcomes, and repeat and build until you hit the toi risky level. At present that is an unknown so you proceed cautiously with planned, controlled steps.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 09-09-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    The article says the guidance is 'locals' only!
    That's Ibrox and Darkheid goosed then

Having seen the guidelines and restrictions issued to Aberdeen fans, sod that for a bloody laugh. Absolutely no point in returning to football under that level of restrictions as you'd get about 5% of the matchday experience.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Having seen the guidelines and restrictions issued to Aberdeen fans, sod that for a bloody laugh. Absolutely no point in returning to football under that level of restrictions as you'd get about 5% of the matchday experience.
    I've not been able to find any details, any chance of a link mate?

It could help boost attendaces at lower league clubs, with fitba fans wanting any fitba experience they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    It could help boost attendaces at lower league clubs, with fitba fans wanting any fitba experience they can get.
    What makes you think lower league clubs will get the opportunity to have spectators?

Testimonial Due
    With UK government announcing today for England only (Scotland likely to follow) a maximum of 6 people can gather indoors or outdoors and likely to last till end of year, think watching live is probably not going to happen to at least next season. Big financial implications again.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    With UK government announcing today for England only (Scotland likely to follow) a maximum of 6 people can gather indoors or outdoors and likely to last till end of year, think watching live is probably not going to happen to at least next season. Big financial implications again.
    Off topic, but did you have something read out on Off the Ball at the weekend?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    This is what came in there on 5 August: https://www.gov.scot/news/local-rest...d-in-aberdeen/

"People in Aberdeen City are asked not to meet other households indoors or travel more than five miles for leisure or recreational purposes."
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Yeap. Not allowed to travel more than five miles and visits into the city were banned except for work etc.

Cheers, I obviously don't keep up with all the news

[QUOhttps://twitter.com/BarryAnderson_/status/1303601085106524160?s=19TE=H18 SFR;6294211]I've not been able to find any details, any chance of a link mate?[/QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/BarryAnderson_/s...106524160?s=19

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    ‘No shouting’ is ridiculous. All the coaching staff are shouting instructions all the time. Fans are outside and will be miles from the pitch and each other.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

UK government now allowing thousands to descend upon Doncaster racecourse for the St Leger I see.

One rule for elitist sport and one rule for the pleb sports then, or the fact that Dido Harding just happens to conveniently sit on the Jockey Club board too.

Corrupt to the core.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BarryAnderson_/s...106524160?s=08

Some reasonable and expected measures in there - although I'm not sure why a mask is required for the full game if social distancing is in place and you can't talk to anyone or sing etc.
    Some of those rules are a joke.

I would rather sit at home and watch it if that’s what’s it’s going to be like.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

there will be plenty people happy to take your place I suspect

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

Any in particular you don't like?

I imagine some people won't enjoy the no singing/chanting ones but with 300 spaced out people then a lack of football atmosphere was probably relatively likely regardless and something I'm happy to live without given current circumstances.

Generally I think the rules make enough sense for what needs to happen. I'd just like to see more than 300 people sooner rather than later.

I'm not so sure about this staggered exit stuff though - what if we're getting thumped.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    UK government now allowing thousands to descend upon Doncaster racecourse for the St Leger I see.

One rule for elitist sport and one rule for the pleb sports then, or the fact that Dido Harding just happens to conveniently sit on the Jockey Club board too.

Corrupt to the core.
    I think that’s behind closed doors now as well.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I think that’s behind closed doors now as well.
    Yeah, back behind closed doors from tomorrow. I can’t see numbers in football stadiums increasing above 1000 anytime soon, in Scotland or England.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

Corrupt to the core.
    Doncaster is owned by ARC, it has absolutely nothing to do with the jockey club, its a huge rival in fact.

There are none which jump out at me as being "a joke". These are test events, folk can't just turn up and watch the game as normal. I'd happily go through a similar process to get back into ER.

For all the dismissing of these rules, I've never seen any counter proposals? Wonder why?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    There are none which jump out at me as being "a joke". These are test events, folk can't just turn up and watch the game as normal. I'd happily go through a similar process to get back into ER.

For all the dismissing of these rules, I've never seen any counter proposals? Wonder why?
    Spot on. Going to ER and seeing the game live under these circumstances is for me miles better than sitting in front of the telly.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post

Attending something as emotive as a football match as a supporter and being discouraged from supporting your team through cheering and singing etc during the 90 minutes seems a bit silly.

They would have been as well getting 300 random volunteers with no interest in football to go and sit in the stand if all they wanted to do was test the logistics of having people in the stadium.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Attending something as emotive as a football match as a supporter and being discouraged from supporting your team through cheering and singing etc during the 90 minutes seems a bit silly.

They would have been as well getting 300 random volunteers with no interest in football to go and sit in the stand if all they wanted to do was test the logistics of having people in the stadium.
    Maybe part of the test is to find out if folk can follow the rules.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

I think we just need to accept that we're going to have to do things in less than ideal ways at the moment. Much like a lot of other things.

I'll be the - locally sourced fyi - random volunteer to go to the game if you happen to be included in a trial for a Hibs game though. Always happy to help.

Left by mutual consent!

Nae farting - it may tempt someone for unnecessary smelling.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Wonder how Hibs will do it when were allowed back too.

Will they ask us for groups we sit in as long as its within a number of households, and group them together? Or, more probably will it just all be on an individual basis?

If it is on an individual basis I think I'd pass the opportunity up and let someone who wants to go alone.

A lot of the match day experience for me is meeting up with my small group before, during and after the game to discuss etc. And whilst the streaming is on offer, it gives us an opportunity to do just that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Wonder how Hibs will do it when were allowed back too.

Will they ask us for groups we sit in as long as its within a number of households, and group them together? Or, more probably will it just all be on an individual basis?

If it is on an individual basis I think I'd pass the opportunity up and let someone who wants to go alone.

A lot of the match day experience for me is meeting up with my small group before, during and after the game to discuss etc. And whilst the streaming is on offer, it gives us an opportunity to do just that.
    Don’t know but if all this **** (I know! and I back the guidellines) I won’t be wanting to attend anyway.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Don’t know but if all this **** (I know! and I back the guidellines) I won’t be wanting to attend anyway.
    I know what you mean! Definitely doesn't sound like an overly enjoyable experience. Other than watch Hibs of course!