hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why does it make sense?

I can travel up to Shetland to watch a film at the cinema, why wouldn't I have the same chance as any other season ticket holder to attend games whenever it becomes possible?

It's either safe to travel over 5 miles for leisure purposes or it's not.
    If there were hundred/thousands of folk taking public transport to the cinema up in the Shetlands then it probably would be an issue.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    If there were hundred/thousands of folk taking public transport to the cinema up in the Shetlands then it probably would be an issue.
    Alphabetical sounds good to me🤒 means families could sit together.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    It was just an example off the top of my head.

What about being allowed to go on holiday for a week to St Andrews, mixing with hundreds of people during that week whilst I stay with other guests at the hotel, go shopping, take in a round of golf and spend a couple of days at the beach and go to several restaurants? There's no restrictions on that.

Allowing football fans to attend matches again is part of the reopening of the entertainment industry. People attend things like football matches, concerts, shows etc from all over the country so to open it up again there has to be a degree of risk involved. For me that is addressed by limiting the number of people who can initially attend.

That shouldn't just be the number that's considered to be safe inside the stadium, it should be the number that's considered to be safe before, during and after the event.

You're going to get people using public transport within Edinburgh as well, tram, bus etc. what's the difference?

We're not talking about an unlimited number of people coming to the game yet, the number will be limited so I really don't see the problem with including people from outwith Edinburgh as part of that limited number.

I'd also be coming from a health board area that's recorded just 30 cases of Covid-19 in the past 6 weeks.

As I said, it's either safe to travel over 5 miles for leisure purposes or it's not.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Of all the inconsequential and whispering, gnawing nonsense of these past months this thread just about puts the tin lid right on it. Good grief. Once they let fans back I hope they seriously look at postcodes a bit. It could be vital.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

If shoehorning Tynecastle in amongst national and top-flight stadiums wasn’t desperate enough, basing the calculations on a 20,099 capacity is just top drawer from Baz Anderson

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    In reality, what I was talking about, it doesn’t matter one bit where they come from, or where it even started for that matter. It was all about the overall number of cases emanating from these outbreaks. You knew that though. You also can’t say for certainty that they aren’t from Perthshire considering they don’t post names and addresses of those who have tested. But again, that’s beside the point and totally irrelevant to the points i was making. Have a cracking day.
    For accuracy.

When the official government briefings tell everyone that the cases linked to the2 sisters plant in Coupar Angus (not Perth, 14 miles away) cover Perth and Kinross, Dundee and Angus I.m inclined to beleive them.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Of all the inconsequential and whispering, gnawing nonsense of these past months this thread just about puts the tin lid right on it. Good grief. Once they let fans back I hope they seriously look at postcodes a bit. It could be vital.

Totally agree. Anyone living in areas with a postcode of G42 should get top priority.

What's the point of sharing a postcode with the SFA and SPFL if you don't get at least some benefits from it?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Like I said, I’d love to see the figures of ages broken down from our positive cases list.
    You mean like this?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...th-by-age.html

or this

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...ising-the-data
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!
    It was just an example off the top of my head.

What about being allowed to go on holiday for a week to St Andrews, mixing with hundreds of people during that week whilst I stay with other guests at the hotel, go shopping, take in a round of golf and spend a couple of days at the beach and go to several restaurants? There's no restrictions on that.

Allowing football fans to attend matches again is part of the reopening of the entertainment industry. People attend things like football matches, concerts, shows etc from all over the country so to open it up again there has to be a degree of risk involved. For me that is addressed by limiting the number of people who can initially attend.

That shouldn't just be the number that's considered to be safe inside the stadium, it should be the number that's considered to be safe before, during and after the event.

You're going to get people using public transport within Edinburgh as well, tram, bus etc. what's the difference?

We're not talking about an unlimited number of people coming to the game yet, the number will be limited so I really don't see the problem with including people from outwith Edinburgh as part of that limited number.

I'd also be coming from a health board area that's recorded just 30 cases of Covid-19 in the past 6 weeks.

As I said, it's either safe to travel over 5 miles for leisure purposes or it's not.
    Just move to Edinburgh ffs 🤣

Given the age groups most likely to adversely suffer infections, I think Hibs should play a few games with only the Family Section open, for Season Ticket holders only

Most of the kids will have been well trained by that time, having been back to school, and it's really easy to to socially distancing in the FF Lower.

Obviously, they'll need to be accompanied by a responsible* adult that also happens to have a Season Ticket in that section...

* I use the word 'responsible' in it's loosest sense....

If restricted numbers are allowed in seats will be allocated so that the club will know for sure exactly who sat where and who nearest contacts are.

.@scotgov has knocked back a proposal from @CelticFC to use this weekend’s league match against @MotherwellFC as a test event with limited fans. https://t.co/p0QGeNxauO

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    .@scotgov has knocked back a proposal from @CelticFC to use this weekend’s league match against @MotherwellFC as a test event with limited fans. https://t.co/p0QGeNxauO
    Wonder what reasons they've given for that.

Wonder what reasons they've given for that.

An overwhelming fear of making any kind of mistake after the Care Home catastrophe?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    An overwhelming fear of making any kind of mistake after the Care Home catastrophe?
    Possibly but considering we're less than 3 weeks away from the indicative date given for opening up events with spectators for real I would have thought they would have been wanting to carry out this test event.

Unless of course the date for allowing spectators is being pushed back.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Possibly but considering we're less than 3 weeks away from the indicative date given for opening up events with spectators for real I would have thought they would have been wanting to carry out this test event.

I think your last sentence is very likely.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

I would think that's almost definitely the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yep I fully expect that to be the case.

I suppose we'll find out at the next review on 10th September.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post

Agreed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yep I fully expect that to be the case.

I suppose we'll find out at the next review on 10th September.

Plenty time for you to find a gaff in the EH territory

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Plenty time for you to find a gaff in the EH territory
    Well if you're paying...

Left by mutual consent!
    Well if you're paying...
    On the other hand..

Promising Youngster
    Our game with THE Rangers been moved to the 20th might be the first game we are allowed back if not I'd defo expect some sort of fans there like test run if it has been moved back

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53921797

2500 to be allowed into Brighton friendly with Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53921797

2500 to be allowed into Brighton friendly with Chelsea
    Less than 10% of the capacity so we're probably looking at around 1500 for Easter Road if we follow suit.

Interesting that the rugby will be at nearly 30% capacity.

Less than 10% of the capacity so we're probably looking at around 1500 for Easter Road if we follow suit.

So 15% of ST holders getting in to any one game at a time. The financial implications for our club and others will be huge if that's the best we can expect. Poland has moved to 50% for the new season after finishing the last one on 25% capacity. Hopefully we get closer to those figures or the game is stuffed.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Nope, that tells me nothing about all of the recent cases in Scotland of which absolutely none have ended up in ICU or dead. However, it does show that the virus still has an effect on young people, and that even if 100% of these recent cases were under 30, you’d still expect a number of them to end up in ICU based on the numbers from early on with the virus. Now we know not all of these people were under 30, so that would then increase the likelihood. So the answer of ‘they’re mostly younger people’ doesn’t really explain why zero have ended up in ICU. I’ll have my thoughts and questions, you can choose to take absolutely everything someone tells you as gospel even when it doesn’t make sense. Fair enough, it’s gone off topic long enough, at least it seems like fans will be back in stadia very soon and for that I’m grateful.

Left by mutual consent!

However the Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby at Murrayfield this Friday will be at less than 1% capacity (not that Edinburgh v Glasgow would ever attract more than 70,000 fans in normal circumstances but based on the stadium's capacity it's a miniscule crowd they're allowing in). A similar approach at ER would see crowds of circa 200.

I'd guess that the Scottish Government are simply continuing to adopt an ultra cautious approach re football, which is fine by me though clearly frustrating for the clubs in terms of trying to generate more revenue.
    Last edited by G B Young; 26-08-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    However the Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby at Murrayfield this Friday will be at less than 1% capacity (not that Edinburgh v Glasgow would ever attract more than 70,000 fans in normal circumstances but based on the stadium's capacity it's a miniscule crowd they're allowing in). A similar approach at ER would see crowds of circa 200.

I'd guess that the Scottish Government are simply continuing to adopt an ultra cautious approach re football, which is fine by me though clearly frustrating for the clubs in terms of trying to generate more revenue.
    I know I'm a fairly regular critic of the Scottish Government over on the Holy Ground but I would say that the return of mass gatherings is the one area I'm willing to cut them some slack on with regards to numbers. I still don't agree that limited numbers should only come from certain postcode areas but I'm aware that the days of 13-14,000+ at Easter Road are a long way off at the moment and understandably so.

I hope the crowd that's permitted at the rugby is just in line with the crowd they would have expected to see anyway rather than the Scottish Government only wanting stadiums to be 1% full. If that was the case, there won't be many clubs still around to support once this is all over.

Left by mutual consent!
    I know I'm a fairly regular critic of the Scottish Government over on the Holy Ground but I would say that the return of mass gatherings is the one area I'm willing to cut them some slack on with regards to numbers. I still don't agree that limited numbers should only come from certain postcode areas but I'm aware that the days of 13-14,000+ at Easter Road are a long way off at the moment and understandably so.

I hope the crowd that's permitted at the rugby is just in line with the crowd they would have expected to see anyway rather than the Scottish Government only wanting stadiums to be 1% full. If that was the case, there won't be many clubs still around to support once this is all over.
    The crowd at the most recent Edinburgh v Glasgow match was around 27,000.