hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've made similar points in the past, it just strikes me as the football world wanting to do something to make a statement. It makes zero sense, clinical or otherwise.

Similar to the Chelsea players being unable to pick up their runners up medals after the FA Cup final due to "Covid protocols". Even although for 90 minutes they had been up close and personal with the Arsenal players and they had all been cuddling each other at full time.

It's all a nonsense.
    Agree, but I suppose there is a difference between the two examples you give. In the latter, it's the players choice that they 'cuddle' each other. In the former, it's the FA who are saying we're not going to have a 'losers' medal collection to minimise the likelihood of Covid-19 spreading, albeit a very low likelihood.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Nobody is shielding anymore as far as I understand.
    Not quite true. The change is those who were advised to shield no longer have to. I know people who were supposed to be shielded who were going out and meeting other people, I also know people who were shielded and are still not going out.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    The way I see this working... fwiw..

The super computer picks ST seats, allowing for physical distancing. I.e. 5 seats free between people and every other row.

These ST holders are notified- told they must sit in their ST seat.

Fans are told to wear face coverings.

Staff with handheld scanners man the exit doors, you hold out your card, they scan it. No contact. Or you use turnstiles and tell people to sanitize as soon as they walk thru the turnstile.

No food or drink for sale.

No away fans. Equals no real need for police.

Go straight to seat. Could even tell folk to arrive in 20 minute windows. 2.00-2.20pm, 2.20-2.40pm, 2.40-3.00pm?

Just some musings on this..
    It wouldn't be your ST seat as that wouldn't maximise the use of the stadium. Instead those attending would have an allocated seat.

And staggered entry times wouldn't work. People don't want to be told to arrive by 2:20 to sit around for 40 minutes and how would you deal with that person turning up at 2:55?

Other than that, these are all practical suggestions.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Agree, but I suppose there is a difference between the two examples you give. In the latter, it's the players choice that they 'cuddle' each other. In the former, it's the FA who are saying we're not going to have a 'losers' medal collection to minimise the likelihood of Covid-19 spreading, albeit a very low likelihood.
    They had still been getting close to each other during the game, at corners and free kicks etc. Every single player in both squads had been regularly tested for weeks, it was one of the requirements which allowed them to start playing again. It was totally pointless to stop Chelsea from picking up their medals on the pitch.

If they weren't allowed to cuddle each other at full time, why did the FA not charge the clubs for breaking the protocols?

I noticed that the officials at the golf tournaments all wear masks outside.I expect it makes them feel more secure.The players only wear one when they go to hand their card in.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It wouldn't be your ST seat as that wouldn't maximise the use of the stadium. Instead those attending would have an allocated seat.

And staggered entry times wouldn't work. People don't want to be told to arrive by 2:20 to sit around for 40 minutes and how would you deal with that person turning up at 2:55?

I agree all great practical suggestions, the problem comes when you introduce people to the equation. As we have already seen far too many people think they know better, disagree with rules so will ignore them, have an excuse not to comply, get bevvied before they arrive so you can’t tell them anything, are just general ****** idiots. 😁 It’s going to a challenge for all clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

From what ive seen staggered entry times will be happening down south. Thats probably the most complex part of fans returning. if for example hibs were to go 3 down at home, how are you stopping people leaving the ground at the same time? Segregation in seats should be fairly easy to police if its limited numbers. Even staggered entry getting into the ground if its just the hour before; people will probably accept getting there 45 mins before if they're getting to see a game in the flesh imo. But leaving the stadium is going to cause problems

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    From what ive seen staggered entry times will be happening down south. Thats probably the most complex part of fans returning. if for example hibs were to go 3 down at home, how are you stopping people leaving the ground at the same time? Segregation in seats should be fairly easy to police if its limited numbers. Even staggered entry getting into the ground if its just the hour before; people will probably accept getting there 45 mins before if they're getting to see a game in the flesh imo. But leaving the stadium is going to cause problems
    You have to completely rely on people complying, if people choose to ignore then there's not a lot can be done about it in this situation or many others.

Given how we've played the last few games, what's the chances of fans wanting to go back in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Given how we've played the last few games, what's the chances of fans wanting to go back in September?
    I'm in no rush to watch this...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I certainly don't think walk up fans will be rushing to buy tickets put it that way!

I certainly don't think walk up fans will be rushing to buy tickets put it that way!

Although.....

Although.....

Still not sure the performances will be drawing in the punters.

Winning 4 out of every 5 games though will always be welcome though.

Still not sure the performances will be drawing in the punters.

Winning 4 out of every 5 games though will always be welcome though.

I know... and agree.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    That doesn’t make any difference when 200 had already tested positive, none of those cases ended up in ICU after the 3 week period that the government tell us about.
    The point is not about how many were infected, the point is that a whole city went back in to lockdown.

And we're off again....

As long as we are back in August for the flag unfurling.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    As long as we are back in August for the flag unfurling.
    When does the 2021/22 Champions League campaign kick off?

And we're off again....

ding ding

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    The point is not about how many were infected, the point is that a whole city went back in to lockdown.
    What happened after the infections is neither here nor there, that stopped further infections. 200 people tested positive, they had the virus, none of them have ended up in ICU or died from it, hence my questions about the severity of it now. Take those 200, 100+ in Perthshire, the outbreaks in Lanarkshire and Dumfries then I’d have thought at least one of those would have got seriously ill going on what happened back in April/May.

My point was completely about how many infections there were.
    Last edited by hibbysam; 25-08-2020 at 12:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    They had still been getting close to each other during the game, at corners and free kicks etc. Every single player in both squads had been regularly tested for weeks, it was one of the requirements which allowed them to start playing again. It was totally pointless to stop Chelsea from picking up their medals on the pitch.

If they weren't allowed to cuddle each other at full time, why did the FA not charge the clubs for breaking the protocols?
    And what happens if the guy handing out the medals has COVID-19?

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post

J
    I don’t think there was a guy they were just taken out a box

J
    The Arsenal players picked their medals out of an unattended tray on the pitch. There was no reason why the Chelsea players could not have done the same.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    TBF Nobody actually wants a runners up medal anyway.

J

J

Gary McKay?

J
    Gary McKay?

It never gets old.......

Email just issued by SRU, from a friend

Club has now emailed. ST holder ballot, preference given to those closest to BTM, tickets sold in pairs. Ballot on Wed, tickets emailed to the lucky 700 on Thurs. Various sensible conditions - masks, 2m distancing, only household together etc.no away supporters by looks of things

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Miami dolphins, aware this is a different sport and country , allowing 13,000 into their stadium in September for the start of the NFL season.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Miami dolphins, aware this is a different sport and country , allowing 13,000 into their stadium in September for the start of the NFL season.
    That's about 20% of their stadium's capacity. The equivalent for Easter Road would be about 4,000.

Still nuts when you consider that if Florida was a country, it would have the 6th highest number of cases in the world.

Poland is allowing 50% capacity in the stadiums for the new season after going with 25% at the end of the last one.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.