hibs.net Messageboard

Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1000 fans at Blackpool’s game yesterday. Singing and not a mask in sight . Just watched the report on this mornings news .
    Interesting as Blackpool is one of few areas in that neck of the woods that hasn’t been put under some form of tighter lockdown
    Rich and Powerful Owners of Premiership Clubs will be ramping up the pressure for fans to return so with clear evidence emerging down south that deaths are now slowly creeping back up the way and hospital admissions on the rise Will Boris allow elite football to continue with increased crowds or will he put a pause on this
    Given he is all over the place and gives out mixed messages it’s hard to second guess him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    If anyone has been in town recently on a Saturday night it genuinely amazes me that pubs are allowed to open and we cant go to the football.

The meadows stowed, St Andrews square, top of waverly station, princess street all busy, no different to walking to the ground.

Was in Brewhima (old city night club) must of been at least 200 folk indoors.

Why are the clubs just accepting this. Yet pubs owners, unions etc all speak up.

It's a two fold thing, the clubs are missing out on match day income and fans are too. Football is a major part in people's life. I for one miss the social side of going to a football match, seeing family and friends, walking to the ground,giving the nod to fellow season ticket holders the buildup the match itself. It's not the same watching on tv

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It’s not long until Scottish Cup semi final decision time for fans getting in
    As it stands I’m convinced we’ll not be in the stands, but a little bit of me hopes some of us will be

Very odd watching the rugby from France yesterday.

Both games had a limited number of fans allowed in the stadium but the fans were all in one stand with little attempt to space them out (unlike the recent game at Murrayfield) and the other stands were empty.

Even less social distancing on some of the climbs in Le Tour.

The outcome of the above has to be considered by Sturgeon when deciding if we're allowed back. If French cases rise, then we'll have to wait and if they don't then she has no reason to prevent limited numbers of fans attending providing we're spaced apart.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    As it stands I’m convinced we’ll not be in the stands, but a little bit of me hopes some of us will be
    I can slightly understand it in smaller stadia but a 50,000 seater stadium.

Surely they can allow some fans in - even 1000 each would help the atmosphere / occasion.

Spread them out - loads of space.

I don't think they will want the hassle or the cost to steward it but as others have said about pubs and supermarkets or flights it doesn't make much sense.

I think it was an MLS game last night there was quite a few fans behind the goals too.

Easter Road could easily work to host fans - even 2 households per row in a section would save any people pushing past etc. But it seems they just won't explore the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

Both games had a limited number of fans allowed in the stadium but the fans were all in one stand with little attempt to space them out (unlike the recent game at Murrayfield) and the other stands were empty.

The outcome of the above has to be considered by Sturgeon when deciding if we're allowed back. If French cases rise, then we'll have to wait and if they don't then she has no reason to prevent limited numbers of fans attending providing we're spaced apart.

The trouble with that is that French cases are already really high, so it's going to be hard to tell where they spread.

I doubt very much as well that the SG would allow any positive signs elsewhere to influence their decision. I think they've pretty much made their mind up that having crowds at sporting events is very low in their list of priorities, hence the cancellation of all further test events.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with their PoV, just an observation.

Unfortunately there's not a chance of fans being at the game in my opinion.

We're about to go back into a stricter set of restrictions within the next few days, I can't see how we'll go from that to allowing football fans into grounds (particularly for such a highly charged one like a Scottish Cup semi final derby) within the space of 6 weeks.

Also the return of crowds that were planned over the next few weeks would have been home fans only. Obviously for this game we would need to allow fans from both sides into the stadium which would immediately make it much higher risk.

I just don't see any way that we'll be playing this match in front of a crowd, sadly.

I can't believe how emotional I feel seeing the empty stands at ER on Sky just now. I really miss it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

10 thousand at the Dortmund game yesterday.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think Blackpool will be next to have lockdown restrictions in the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think Blackpool will be next to have lockdown restrictions in the coming days.
    The town or just you?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Unfortunately there's not a chance of fans being at the game in my opinion.

We're about to go back into a stricter set of restrictions within the next few days, I can't see how we'll go from that to allowing football fans into grounds (particularly for such a highly charged one like a Scottish Cup semi final derby) within the space of 6 weeks.

Also the return of crowds that were planned over the next few weeks would have been home fans only. Obviously for this game we would need to allow fans from both sides into the stadium which would immediately make it much higher risk.

I just don't see any way that we'll be playing this match in front of a crowd, sadly.
    Agreed. It's a gloomy outlook I know but with the tighter restrictions you mention about to be imposed and a likely surge in infections throughout the winter I suspect it'll be next spring before we see any sort of significant crowds at Scottish games.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The town or just you?
    Hopefully both😜

I can't believe how emotional I feel seeing the empty stands at ER on Sky just now. I really miss it.
    Me too. It's not just being in the ground - it's the sense of expectation as you turn into Albion Road with fans converging from the higher and lower parts of Easter Road and the stands appear before you; I haven't always enjoyed watching Hibs (didn't last season, tbh) but that feeling has never left me.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The town or just you?
    😂😂

Is there a date for the cup semi-final?

I don’t see much about Hearts these days. What state is their squad in?

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Is there a date for the cup semi-final?

I don’t see much about Hearts these days. What state is their squad in?
    They're being played 31st October and 1st November.

Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    10 thousand at the Dortmund game yesterday.
    Germany isn’t cursed with a ****, toff government

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    They're being played 31st October and 1st November.
    The Thursday before is a Europa League group stage, match day 2, so probably waiting to see if Celtic will be playing that day, although they could easily plan for them to play on the Sunday

Promising Youngster
    Today would have been a cracker to be at Easter Road a right fiesty one with spewing huns.

It's hurting a little not smelling the fresh cut grass of home

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-54232346

This “six months chat” means it’s getting to the stage now where I doubt if we’ll see fans at any games this season, let alone this year. I wonder what impact that will have on:

- football clubs generally as a going concern
    - the commencement of leagues below the SPL
    - assuming most clubs can carry on, season ticket sales for 2021/22.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post

This “six months chat” means it’s getting to the stage now where I doubt if we’ll see fans at any games this season, let alone this year. I wonder what impact that will have on:

It doesn’t bear thinking about. Every club will be looking to slash costs massively in order to survive. Some form of orderly return has to be allowed.

The Thursday before is a Europa League group stage, match day 2, so probably waiting to see if Celtic will be playing that day, although they could easily plan for them to play on the Sunday
    *or Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post

I think you are right. Sadly i can even see Grassroots football being halted again. Its a real shame that the actions of the few are going to screw it up for everyone else.

@hibs.net private member
    What is quite remarkable, is (As far as I’m aware) there has been no clarity of what happens in the event of the league not completing. As it’s a known risk the Football authorities in a Scotland should already have outlined the rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

You do realuse French cases topped the April figures and they had 200 deaths yesterday. Think the evidence shiws the score as Fans 0- 200 Virus.

I wont hang your hopes on the French example

Leyton Orient players have tested positive for Covid after Spurs paid for their testing after their game on Saturday. Apparently regular testing is not a requirement in League Two of England. Wow.

Chris Mclaughlan tweets

Celtic and Aberdeen fined £30,000 each by SPFL for Covid breaches.

Edit... Update

Celtic and Aberdeen fined £30,000 each by SPFL for Covid breaches. Both clubs to pay £8,000 to SPFL trust with the rest suspended and payable if there are further breaches.
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 21-09-2020 at 01:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Chris Mclaughlan tweets

Celtic and Aberdeen fined £30,000 each by SPFL for Covid breaches.
    Seems a bit unfair that, how can you combat stupidity from players.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Seems a bit unfair that, how can you combat stupidity from players.....

Collective responsibility and an employers duty of care.

If an individual banker can break the law without his employer's knowledge and the bank gets fined £Squillions then tell me how a footballers action breaking the relevant protocol or law is any different.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 21-09-2020 at 03:27 PM.