hibs.net Messageboard

Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2247
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So much for Boris's -we will be guided by data not dates. As someone said he now has a big target on his back. I'm a bit worried about everyone going on foreign holidays and importing different strains in.

That would knacker everything again.
    I think the media need to shoulder a lot of that blame to be fair.

They couldn't have said "at the earliest" much more when announcing those dates which are the earliest they say they'll relax things - depending on the data.

I read today there was a flurry of activity to book foreign holidays after the announcement regardless though!
    Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    Best hope is that Sturgeon throws a flakey with the election coming up so implements some limited relaxations.
    No chance. She know Bozo's plan whilst logical in its phasing is way too risky in terms of the timings of the phases. Road maps are easy to draw but the scheduling is key.

Engkand's appriach seems predicted on getting the pubs open so the plebs will get p!$$€d and forget about Bozos failures and the massive number of avoidable deaths his incompetent corrupt government is responsible for.

Coaching Staff
    So much for Boris's -we will be guided by data not dates. As someone said he now has a big target on his back. I'm a bit worried about everyone going on foreign holidays and importing different strains in.

It was made quite clear that the dates are not fixed but are dependent on the data at all times. They will be moved out if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    Not necessarily. My grandchildren restarted school this week. English schools don’t reopen till next month.
    Was only a guess based on what's gone before. It might be she takes a different tac this time. Schools to be fair has always been the SNPs priority, last time was nearly term end when they had any kind of chance.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I think the media need to shoulder a lot of that blame to be fair.

They couldn't have said "at the earliest" much more when announcing those dates which are the earliest they say they'll relax things - depending on the data.

I read today there was a flurry of activity to book foreign holidays after the announcement regardless though!
    500% increase in bookings for TUI

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56161129
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    500% increase in bookings for TUI

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56161129
    To be fair, probably a low starting point to get the 5x increase from but still I don't know how likely/sensible it is to assume there will be holidays. I'd be looking for free cancellation anyway - and cancellation based on the customers whom rather than just if it's not allowed so as not to be trapped into a holiday you don't actually want or feel comfortable with.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    It was made quite clear that the dates are not fixed but are dependent on the data at all times. They will be moved out if necessary.
    I didn't watch the presentation and am only picking up from the news. Definitely has been spun by the media that it will all be over in the not too distant future.

Problem is folk will hold them to it.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    To be fair, probably a low starting point to get the 5x increase from but still I don't know how likely/sensible it is to assume there will be holidays. I'd be looking for free cancellation anyway - and cancellation based on the customers whom rather than just if it's not allowed so as not to be trapped into a holiday you don't actually want or feel comfortable with.
    Even before that I was getting emails from self catering companies in the UK offering bookings as early as 1st March. I'll be waiting until it's official that we can book accommodation, not some possible date in the future.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post

Folk see what they want to see.

Is Joshua Fury a possibility for Wembley in the summer now?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Is Joshua Fury a possibility for Wembley in the summer now?
    No. Wembley will be in use for the Euros for around the time the fight is expected and I think they’ve already narrowed the venue down to 2 Middle East locations. They also won’t wanna risk dates getting pushed back by the government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    As a society the majority seem fairly comfortable with lockdown and I don’t see millions pushing the narrative that we need to get back to normal.

Unless that malaise changes then we can kiss goodbye to ever going back to Easter Rd, if we still have a club.

It’s up to the population of this country what happens next when the vulnerable are vaccinated and deaths reduce by 99%.
    Really??? I bloody well hope not or we are well and truly Donald Ducked as a society.

Despite getting out to work every day I feel like a wound up spring inside and am starting to have fantasies about various politicians swinging from lamposts.

Lockdown is absolutely NOT the way forward. Vaccines or no vaccines we need to start learning to live with this virus - and I mean LIVE.

It would be good for starters if the UK government lifted the restrictions on early treatments for COVID - restrictions that have more than likely resulted directly in the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands so far and the tally will be rising on a daily basis. I don't know if the decision makers are in the pockets of the vaccine manufacturers or what but enough is enough. We need to be doing everything we can as a society to break out of lockdown and live a life that's sustainable AND healthy going forward.

Why would any sane person make promises on international travel.
    No part of it is in their gift.
    The pandemic has continually made a fool of populist polititians.
    Trump had the pandemic finishing almost a year ago.
    NS on now

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Any chance you can tell us who is pulling this scam and what they're getting out of it?
    Bill Gates I assume: https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?346126-Bill-Gates

Why are people responding to this poor chap. He is to be pitied, not indulged.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    Why are people responding to this poor chap. He is to be pitied, not indulged.
    I've been scratching my head to see if I can come up with anything worse I've seen on here in 20 years or so and I don't think I can.

Football
    Hearts
    Ann Budge reveals when she believes Hearts fans will be back inside Tynecastle

Whilst welcoming a new instant Covid 19 test trialled at Tynecastle Park, the Hearts owner Ann Budge is not convinced fans will be back inside stadiums for the start of next season.

Hearts owner Ann Budge undergoes a rapid antigen test at Tynecastle Park on Wednesday.

She believes it could be nearer 2022 before a phased return of supporters starts – and is planning for full capacities being another full season away.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Football
    Hearts
    Ann Budge reveals when she believes Hearts fans will be back inside Tynecastle

Whilst welcoming a new instant Covid 19 test trialled at Tynecastle Park, the Hearts owner Ann Budge is not convinced fans will be back inside stadiums for the start of next season.

Hearts owner Ann Budge undergoes a rapid antigen test at Tynecastle Park on Wednesday.

She believes it could be nearer 2022 before a phased return of supporters starts – and is planning for full capacities being another full season away.
    That wouldn't surprise me.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me.
    I just don’t get it.

The most vulnerable will have had their second vaccine. Hospitals will be under a lot less pressure.

Are we waiting until the virus has completely disappeared? That’ll be a lot longer than next year if so.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I just don’t get it.

The most vulnerable will have had their second vaccine. Hospitals will be under a lot less pressure.

Are we waiting until the virus has completely disappeared? That’ll be a lot longer than next year if so.
    Probably closer to never

She also went on to say this

“I don’t see full stadiums, potentially, any time next season unless there is a real change. Partial crowds aren’t the answer. We would lose money.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

“I don’t see full stadiums, potentially, any time next season unless there is a real change. Partial crowds aren’t the answer. We would lose money.
    Hopefully she’s getting her advice from an estate agent again.

After reading Budge’s prediction I’m now confident we’ll have full stadiums from August.

She is clueless on everything to do with football. Ignore her.

Budge knows **** all about anything. The summer (and the fact hearts have been a shambles for about 5 years) should tell everyone that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Just when we had some optimism, the ‘establishment’ kick in

I just don’t get it.

Crazy to think that it's exactly a year ago today since we were last inside Easter Road.

As I came away that night I was calling Hibs for everything and was absolutely raging. I'd never have imagined that it could potentially be at least 18 months before I go there again.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    No chance. She know Bozo's plan whilst logical in its phasing is way too risky in terms of the timings of the phases. Road maps are easy to draw but the scheduling is key.

Engkand's appriach seems predicted on getting the pubs open so the plebs will get p!$$€d and forget about Bozos failures and the massive number of avoidable deaths his incompetent corrupt government is responsible for.
    It now ironically looks like it might be the other way around, and Scotland's sensible approach of data not dates means it could open even earlier, given how much success the vaccines are having and the dramatic fall in cases!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

I don’t see full stadiums, potentially, any time next season unless there is a real change. Partial crowds aren’t the answer. We would lose money.
    Are we sure she is referring to Covid and not the performance of her team?

I just don’t get it.

A virus that mutates from animals can never be fully eradicated hence in conjunction with vaccine programme we simply have to find a way to live with it
    I expect things to rapidly improve over the summer
    But we could then be into booster jags for variants then the unknown bit for me is winter again and the fear the nhs gets over run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

As each turn he is choosing the wrong options. And not changing tack.

Complete cult - he’s created a death cult and the blood is on his hands.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.