hibs.net Messageboard

Page 46 of 75 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2247
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No joke, there are only three tiers in England, the post I replied to said there were 6 tiers

I blame the original post for confusing the league structure with the tiers of restrictions.
    Fairly clear it was regarding league structure considering I said it was tier 6 and below, and as you’ve rightly said there are only three Covid tiers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55073217

Sturgeon in no rush to put football at the front of the queue. Rightly so I feel.
    Yet says football can’t be treated in isolation which is fine, which should mean we are treated the same as the rest of the country. That should mean that I am allowed to stand on a grass verge and watch a non league game of football, just as I can stand on a grass verge in the park, or down the links. The fact there is a football game on shouldn’t matter based on her statement.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    " it could be the death-knell of some of our best loved clubs - and Hearts" :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    No doubt Aberdeen, Ross County and Celtic will be at the front of the queue.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I think the only way fans will get back into full stadiums will be through either,
    You can show a valid ID along with proof of vaccination certificate
    or
    Roughly,75% of the population have been vaccinated.

KLM and Transavia are talking about only letting folk on board planes if they have proof of vaccination.(not sure on the full story though)
    I know someone who's going to Lanzarote next weekend, flying from Edinburgh. Airline insisting that they have vaccinations (expensive) no more than 48 hours before departure.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Fairly clear it was regarding league structure considering I said it was tier 6 and below, and as you’ve rightly said there are only three Covid tiers.
    All current talk of tiers are commonly referring to the tiers of covid restrictions, you confused the issue by bringing an unexpected reference to a 6 tiers without mentioning that it's the English league pyramid you are talking about.. Clear as mud.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    I know someone who's going to Lanzarote next weekend, flying from Edinburgh. Airline insisting that they have vaccinations (expensive) no more than 48 hours before departure.

What vaccination are they getting? 🤔
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I'm assuming you mean that the airline's insisting on them having a test?

The flight will be pretty empty if they're insisting people need a vaccine.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

Yip must be a test, think you need one to get into the Canaries.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    What vaccination are they getting? 🤔
    I might be missing the joke but...

I assume they mean a test rather than a vaccine.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    I look forward to next season with some optimism but can’t see there being meaningful numbers in grounds this season. That a small, three figure, number of fans get back this season would be good.

Vaccine may start to be distributed next month but I don’t see level zero being universal by the end of the season. Really want to be wrong on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    I look forward to next season with some optimism but can’t see there being meaningful numbers in grounds this season. That a small, three figure, number of fans get back this season would be good.

Vaccine may start to be distributed next month but I don’t see level zero being universal by the end of the season. Really want to be wrong on this.

Ive written off this season and can’t really say I’ve got any interest in going back with a few hundred fans as a sort of trial.

I’ll happily just wait till next season now. Also don’t really see how getting fans back in limited numbers will help clubs financially? Presumably it’ll be season ticket holders first so they’ve already paid their money. Won’t make money of catering and merchandise off a small number of fans so seems a bit of a pointless argument to be picking now.

Should just wait till next season now unless there’s real developments that allow decent crowds in before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Ive written off this season and can’t really say I’ve got any interest in going back with a few hundred fans as a sort of trial.

I’ll happily just wait till next season now. Also don’t really see how getting fans back in limited numbers will help clubs financially? Presumably it’ll be season ticket holders first so they’ve already paid their money. Won’t make money of catering and merchandise off a small number of fans so seems a bit of a pointless argument to be picking now.

Should just wait till next season now unless there’s real developments that allow decent crowds in before the end of the season.
    Totally agree. Any limited numbers should firstly be offered to non league and lower league sides who may need it to survive. Top league clubs should have the option if they like, but I’d rather hibs had none in than lost money through it.

Totally agree. Any limited numbers should firstly be offered to non league and lower league sides who may need it to survive. Top league clubs should have the option if they like, but I’d rather hibs had none in than lost money through it.
    It’s not about losing money, they have people’s money. As soon as they have the opportunity to get folk in, in whatever numbers, they need to do it. There are plenty folk who would take the opportunity, no matter how limited numbers are.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    It’s not about losing money, they have people’s money. As soon as they have the opportunity to get folk in, in whatever numbers, they need to do it. There are plenty folk who would take the opportunity, no matter how limited numbers are.
    Yeah but the SPFL letter to Sturgeon says that if they don’t allow some limited number of fans back in then it could cause clubs to be in serious financial trouble.

Letting a limited number of fans back in won’t help anyone financially I wouldn’t have thought. Not to any significant amount anyway.

Yeah but the SPFL letter to Sturgeon says that if they don’t allow some limited number of fans back in then it could cause clubs to be in serious financial trouble.

Letting a limited number of fans back in won’t help anyone financially I wouldn’t have thought. Not to any significant amount anyway.
    There are other aspects to it as well IMO, not just match day revenue. Getting folk to the stadium is the best way to engage them and fans need a bit hope that they’re going to be getting more for their money with season ticket renewals just round the corner.

Limited numbers of fans would help a lot of the lower league clubs, I’m sure.

Yeah and that’s your prerogative. My stance on it is I’d rather not go this season knowing it’ll cost my club more money, which could be better spent in the transfer market in January or the summer to allow me to see an even better side competing when I’m allowed back. Couple that with a horrendous atmosphere, sitting for 2 hours with a mask on, then unfortunately it’s not for me, and many others I know.

The statement from the SPFL is regarding the grave danger of losing clubs if fans aren’t allowed in now. That may well be the case for lower league clubs and they’d be my focus, but it’s the total opposite for majority of top league clubs.

Yeah and that’s your prerogative. My stance on it is I’d rather not go this season knowing it’ll cost my club more money, which could be better spent in the transfer market in January or the summer to allow me to see an even better side competing when I’m allowed back. Couple that with a horrendous atmosphere, sitting for 2 hours with a mask on, then unfortunately it’s not for me, and many others I know.

The statement from the SPFL is regarding the grave danger of losing clubs if fans aren’t allowed in now. That may well be the case for lower league clubs and they’d be my focus, but it’s the total opposite for majority of top league clubs.
    I get others will decide whether they fancy it or no. But having parted with £420 I don’t think I’ll be feeling guilty about costing the club money if I have the chance to attend!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I get others will decide whether they fancy it or no. But having parted with £420 I don’t think I’ll be feeling guilty about costing the club money if I have the chance to attend!
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    What vaccination are they getting?
    meant test

Holiday has just been cancelled anyways

Left by mutual consent!

Indeed! (test not vaccination)
    Holiday been cancelled anyway.

Absolutely, each to their own of course but I wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt by attending a match in the next couple of months.

If it wasn't for season ticket holders digging deep 7 or 8 months ago, despite not having a clue what they were paying for, there may not have been a club in existence that we could do out of money.

Absolutely, each to their own of course but I wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt by attending a match in the next couple of months.

If it wasn't for season ticket holders digging deep 7 or 8 months ago, despite not having a clue what they were paying for, there may not have been a club in existence that we could do out of money.
    Which is completely fair, I still think we’re a million miles away from being out of the woods financially though, every penny is still a prisoner, and I genuinely don’t think I’d get any enjoyment from going along, sitting on my hands, with a mask for 2 hours, without being able to sing and shout and celebrate any goals like I would normally. Fair play if you could, I’d just rather the club kept every penny and minimised outgoings this season, to ensure come the summer we can continue to build on this squad and give us an even better product to go back to in August.

I think clubs will want to demonstrate to supporters that they are open for business-even if as rightly said it'll cost the bigger clubs to do it.

Indeed! (test not vaccination)
    Holiday been cancelled anyway.
    Jet2? We cancelled our holiday to Lanzarote that was booked for February due to that.

400 and odd pound to get us all tested wasn’t worth it for a week away tbh.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

I am not sure if I would go back with a couple of hundred in the ground but I think that there would be enough people who would want to go back - and would feel better for doing so.

Part of me also thinks it would be a wider pick me up indicating that things are getting better.

... not something to be rushed

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I think clubs will want to demonstrate to supporters that they are open for business-even if as rightly said it'll cost the bigger clubs to do it.
    I think, more than anything, they’ll want to demonstrate to supporters that they’re doing all they can to get as many back in as are allowed at any given time. It wouldn’t look good if they were allowed supporters in, chose not to let them in, but at the same time were asking them to shell out for next years season ticket.

They’ll want to use it to help get things operational again as well, especially as things will likely be getting done a bit differently when we get back.

Liverpool and London placed into Tier 2 which means there could be up to 2,000 fans allowed into the Liverpool v Wolves and Spurs v Arsenal game on the 5th December.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I think, more than anything, they’ll want to demonstrate to supporters that they’re doing all they can to get as many back in as are allowed at any given time. It wouldn’t look good if they were allowed supporters in, chose not to let them in, but at the same time were asking them to shell out for next years season ticket.

They’ll want to use it to help get things operational again as well, especially as things will likely be getting done a bit differently when we get back.
    Slightly different tack on the same point. The club will need people to attend to prove their system operates. If I'm lucky enough to get picked,I'm there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member

Clubs will do all they can to get fans in , if I get the chance I'm in .
    Long way to go but need to get as close to normal before season end.
    Would be an incentive for people to renew.