hibs.net Messageboard

Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collective responsibility and an emoyers duty of care.

If an individual banker can break the law without his employer's knowledge and the bank gets fined £Squillions then tell me how a footballers action breaking the relevant protocol or law is any different.
    Lol. Quite a leap that....That example is in the course of the banker’s work. If the bankers gets into a fight outside of work, his employer doesn’t get fined...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-54232346

This “six months chat” means it’s getting to the stage now where I doubt if we’ll see fans at any games this season, let alone this year. I wonder what impact that will have on:

- football clubs generally as a going concern
    - the commencement of leagues below the SPL
    - assuming most clubs can carry on, season ticket sales for 2021/22.
    I agree that the likelihood of any fans being allowed in this season is reducing every day. There are clearly serious concerns about the effects of the virus in the winter months and the weather is only going to get worse for at least the next 3 months and it will be a further 3 months after that before we start to see much improvement going into spring.

Given that we are about to go back into some form of lockdown within the next couple of days, allowing football fans back into football stadia, regardless of how small the numbers might be, is going to be very, very low down on the list of priorities.

If there's no matchday revenue for clubs for at least another 11 months then we will almost certainly see a number of clubs going to the wall.

If, God forbid, we are still living like this in around 6 or 7 months time, season ticket sales for 2021/22 will also take a hit. A lot of people who bought this year did so to do their bit for their club and in the knowledge that we may not get any live football for a season.

If that stretches into next season as well then that is likely to test the loyalty of even the most ardent fans in the country.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I agree that the likelihood of any fans being allowed in this season is reducing every day. There are clearly serious concerns about the effects of the virus in the winter months and the weather is only going to get worse for at least the next 3 months and it will be a further 3 months after that before we start to see much improvement going into spring.

Given that we are about to go back into some form of lockdown within the next couple of days, allowing football fans back into football stadia, regardless of how small the numbers might be, is going to be very, very low down on the list of priorities.

If there's no matchday revenue for clubs for at least another 11 months then we will almost certainly see a number of clubs going to the wall.

If, God forbid, we are still living like this in around 6 or 7 months time, season ticket sales for 2021/22 will also take a hit. A lot of people who bought this year did so to do their bit for their club and in the knowledge that we may not get any live football for a season.

If that stretches into next season as well then that is likely to test the loyalty of even the most ardent fans in the country.
    You can go to practically anywhere just now, shops, bars, restaurants, cinema, gym, airport, but you can’t go to the football
    Football seems to been particularly hard hit. Any other business that didn’t have it’s members propping it up, would have gone bust by now

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Lol. Quite a leap that....That example is in the course of the banker’s work. If the bankers gets into a fight outside of work, his employer doesn’t get fined...

Not that big a leap. Currently football is working in a regulated environment hence the protocol which is no different in principle to banks working under FSA or whatever it is called now.

Neither the banker nor the players got into a fight they breached rules applicable to their regulated businesses
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 21-09-2020 at 03:29 PM.

SG to announce tighter restrictions on Wednesday

There's now no chance we're going to have fans at games in 2020, never mind in September.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You can go to practically anywhere just now, shops, bars, restaurants, cinema, gym, airport, but you can’t go to the football
    Football seems to been particularly hard hit. Any other business that didn’t have it’s members propping it up, would have gone bust by now
    Suspect we'll see some of those activities (particularly travel) curtailed shortly.

With football I imagine that the fact fans travel from all over the country has a bearing on why there's so much cautio around opening up stadiums.

Six motnths will take us into late March so it does seem increasingly unlikely we'll see fans back this season. And who knows whether the season itself will actually be played out.

To be fair, they also mentioned that they were better at treating the virus and hopeful of a vaccine around Xmas for some(who that is im not sure) and start of the year for gen pop, so a slight glimmer of hope there.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Not that big a leap. Currently football is working in a regulated environment hence the protocol which is no different in principle to banks working under FSA or whatever it is called now.

Neither the banker nor the players got into a fight they breached rules applicable to their regulated businesses
    The players did that in their own time.

If you'd been with the Aberdeen players that night, would your employer have been fined?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

If you'd been with the Aberdeen players that night, would your employer have been fined?
    If it meant that my employer was unable to carry out their duties to the detriment of one of our competitors then I’m fairly sure that would be fair game. They were very lucky not to concede the game going by the rules put out for the league cup, let alone get off with an £8k fine and a fully fit squad to complete the games.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Suspect we'll see some of those activities (particularly travel) curtailed shortly.

With football I imagine that the fact fans travel from all over the country has a bearing on why there's so much cautio around opening up stadiums.

Six motnths will take us into late March so it does seem increasingly unlikely we'll see fans back this season. And who knows whether the season itself will actually be played out.
    Yep I wouldn't be surprised to see the 5 mile limit on travel for non essential purposes reimposed which would obviously knacker many football fans anyway, even if grounds were open.

Can't see any of the partial restrictions getting the case numbers down any time soon.

Not sure if they could play games with the rest of the county on a hard lockdown. Which is prob what will have to come at some point

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I can't believe how emotional I feel seeing the empty stands at ER on Sky just now. I really miss it.
    I was the same, especially when we scored and you know what it would have been like watching it there.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Hey, at least I'll only be half as gut-wrenchingly nervous when watching the semi final at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Hey, at least I'll only be half as gut-wrenchingly nervous when watching the semi final at home.

I'll be watching it at home, with a view of the main stand roof at Hampden out my window.---- I'll be a nervous wreck!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'll be watching it at home, with a view of the main stand roof at Hampden out my window.---- I'll be a nervous wreck!
    You live in the posh houses opposite the South😄

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

Doesn't matter if you do it in your own time or company time you are covered 24/7 by the rules.

My employer would only have been fined if I had been in breach of the protocol.

Time football, football fans and players woke up to the fact, like it or lump it, it is no different to any other business and are not "entitled" to preferential treatment just because...

Gove confirms that fans won’t be getting in down south, no more test events.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

No chance we will be back this year.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Can’t see the lower leagues starting up as planned without fans.

@hibs.net private member
    Will be devastating for most clubs if there are no fans and hospitality etc this season ...we will likely see clubs go under and significant cost reductions across the board . We have a very complex environment for many sectors and football will be right in the mix of being hit hard .. tough times

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    No chance we will be back this year.
    The picture being painted yesterday was that difficult winter is ahead of us, but if we learn from mistakes made back in Feb/March and act now was that another 6 months could see us come out the other end far stronger and better prepared for a return to normality, particularly if the positive noises about vaccines becoming available in New Year turn out true.

Just abandon test events and matches with limited numbers attending and accept that this season is a write off for spectators and start (hopefully) afresh in August.

I think Leagues 1 and 2 could survive without fans...they pretty much do already and rely heavily on directors etc to fund them.

Championship clubs on other hand get minimal tv money are FT and cannot ride out the cash flow crisis for too long without significant external support. With few exception I think they might feel mothballing the season a sensible way forward which means making playing and ground staff redundant putting themselves on a care and maintenance basis.

I anticipate a mushroom cloud will rise above the site of a landmark library frontage.

My brother was speaking to someone at Ibrox who deals with HR and they said that it isn't expected for crowds to be back before February next year. This was before the second spike too

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    What is quite remarkable, is (As far as I’m aware) there has been no clarity of what happens in the event of the league not completing. As it’s a known risk the Football authorities in a Scotland should already have outlined the rules.

Budge statement incoming saying Hearts should be reinstated immediately if that were to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Gove confirms that fans won’t be getting in down south, no more test events.
    Well Nicola has no time fir football so that’s o chance now of fans back this year and. Bad winter would mean jan and Feb our the window as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Well Nicola has no time fir football so that’s o chance now of fans back this year and. Bad winter would mean jan and Feb our the window as well

Next season now. No way anyone will be returning before then.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Yeah no different to my initial thoughts at the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post

According to BoJo no fans returning by 1st October and the general restrictions newly announce for England are to be expected for the next 6 months. Sports clubs financial support package being announced later by Chancellor.

So looks like no fans this season and Barnet Consequentials to be announced.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We're not watching football this season.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Yep. Think we can kiss goodbye to getting into any stadiums now this season.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16