hibs.net Messageboard

Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2247
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel sorry for Kelty Hearts.

Edit - and Brora.

Edit # 2. Surely they won’t be impacted as not central belt?
    I may be wrong but I’m assuming semi pro teams will continue to compete. Certainly in any sfa amor spfl competitions

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I may be wrong but I’m assuming semi pro teams will continue to compete. Certainly in any sfa amor spfl competitions
    I just took it as professional only given the description of elite sports.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    An absolute fantasist as the second predicted wave just starts up.
    Fantasist is the right word.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I would guess that the longer it takes to admit fans the more pleased will be the clubs that have sold plenty of season tickets.
    Looks like shortage of ‘flu vaccines is the next big problem.
    ...My 93 year old housebound mother is having to take a taxi next week to get a private flu jab because her local doctor cannot give her a date for the NHS jab.

Testimonial Due
    I think the thread title should be changed to, "What month do you think fans will be allowed back? ( or what year?)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    I think the thread title should be changed to, "What month do you think fans will be allowed back? ( or what year?)!!!

I think you've misunderstood... the thread's referring to September 2021.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    http://www.celticfc.net/news/18641

Celtic starting to build up their datebase, to help when fans can get back in

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Looks like Poland are going back to having no fans in the grounds again from this weekend. (They had been playing to 50% capacity.)
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    ...My 93 year old housebound mother is having to take a taxi next week to get a private flu jab because her local doctor cannot give her a date for the NHS jab.
    That's strange because flu jabs have been carried out in Edinburgh on an industrial scale. We went to the car park at Napier University a couple of weeks back and it took 10 minutes. There have been several other dates given including at chemist shops in Bruntsfield.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    That's strange because flu jabs have been carried out in Edinburgh on an industrial scale. We went to the car park at Napier University a couple of weeks back and it took 10 minutes. There have been several other dates given including at chemist shops in Bruntsfield.
    Got my flu jab on the NHS in Morrisons Pharmacy last week, made an appointment went along job done.

Very good for you and others but there is a different flu jab for different age groups, the ones for older people are in very short supply, it is a big worry for the ones effected.

So some Scottish Health Boards have copied over some software to decide who gets the Flu vaccine and when.

Unfortunately, it's sorted by youngest first, meaning the most vulnerable (the elderly) will be last to get the vaccine.

Apparently this is because they though it a good idea to 're-purpose' some software used for ... Children's Vaccinations. An it didn't occur to anybody that might be a bad idea.

Jesus Wept!

p.s. If anybody that works for the idiots supplying this software is reading this, here's the fix....

# Append to end of SQL Query
    SORT BY age DESC;
    Last edited by Keith_M; 17-10-2020 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Changed to 'some', as I gave the wrong impression

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    I checked online on NHS inform to see what my choices were and that search gave me a few options. If you have a car you can choose drive through, so I did, and had mines done last weekend at Easter Road behind the eaststand. It was a really well run, quick process so full marks to all involved 👍

GGTTH

David Cormack

Supported by Aberdeen City Council we applied for a second test event versus Celtic to include 1,000 fans, just 5% capacity, out in the open fresh air. Got a polite "no" from @scotgov @jasonleitch stating our first test was a success & latest plan was robust & in excellent shape.

2/ @jasonleitch told SPFL execs that outdoor events like football were much more palatable than indoor events. Meanwhile flights are at 100% capacity with recycled air & no social distancing. Hundreds of thousands of fans eagerly await Clubs & @scotgov coming up with a real plan.

3/ We plan to share these robust test regulations with our fans later this week. Not one single positive case has emerged from the 300 who attended our first test. We are NOT asking for carte blanche... these are "Test Events"... NOT a commitment for multiple games!
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 19-10-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    David Cormack

Supported by Aberdeen City Council we applied for a second test event versus Celtic to include 1,000 fans, just 5% capacity, out in the open fresh air. Got a polite "no" from @scotgov @jasonleitch stating our first test was a success & latest plan was robust & in excellent shape.

2/ @jasonleitch told SPFL execs that outdoor events like football were much more palatable than indoor events. Meanwhile flights are at 100% capacity with recycled air & no social distancing. Hundreds of thousands of fans eagerly await Clubs & @scotgov coming up with a real plan.

3/ We plan to share these robust test regulations with our fans later this week. Not one single positive case has emerged from the 300 who attended our first test. We are NOT asking for carte blanche... these are "Test Events"... NOT a commitment for multiple games!
    For me, I’d rather the top leaders of our sport in this country first and foremost concentrated on getting fans into non league grounds in Scotland. The reasons are simple, I’m as desperate as the next person to get back into ER, but we have a workable solution and Hibs have my money already. They’re going to lose money by getting 1000/2000 anything up to 11000 into the ground.

These non league teams that get 100/200/300 fans through the door, they need the money that these fans bring in. Without it these clubs will go under. It’s also mostly all terracing/grass verges so very easy for fans to social distance.

Once these fans get in, and it should’ve happened by now, then we can start working on a plan to get fans into the top stadia, building up to a point where we can get both season ticket holders and walk ups in the door.

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    For me, I’d rather the top leaders of our sport in this country first and foremost concentrated on getting fans into non league grounds in Scotland. The reasons are simple, I’m as desperate as the next person to get back into ER, but we have a workable solution and Hibs have my money already. They’re going to lose money by getting 1000/2000 anything up to 11000 into the ground.

These non league teams that get 100/200/300 fans through the door, they need the money that these fans bring in. Without it these clubs will go under. It’s also mostly all terracing/grass verges so very easy for fans to social distance.

Once these fans get in, and it should’ve happened by now, then we can start working on a plan to get fans into the top stadia, building up to a point where we can get both season ticket holders and walk ups in the door.
    None of this is happening this season I'm afraid.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    So some Scottish Health Boards have copied over some software to decide who gets the Flu vaccine and when.

Unfortunately, it's sorted by youngest first, meaning the most vulnerable (the elderly) will be last to get the vaccine.

Apparently this is because they though it a good idea to 're-purpose' some software used for ... Children's Vaccinations. An it didn't occur to anybody that might be a bad idea.

Jesus Wept!

p.s. If anybody that works for the idiots supplying this software is reading this, here's the fix....

# Append to end of SQL Query
    SORT BY age DESC;

I'm an oldie and got mine last week at the drive through at Napier. I could have got it at Tyncastle which is nearer for me but I would have had to have been vaccinated against the Black Death before I went.

Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    None of this is happening this season I'm afraid.
    Both will happen this year, it’s just completely unnecessary to lump them all under the same umbrella when they are entirely different things. If the governing body of our game can’t get the government to allow fans into non league games then they will have failed big time and if it wasn’t clear before then It would be clear now that they weren’t fit for purpose.

@hibs.net private member
    Got my flu jab on Saturday at Holyrood High School drive through. My mum and daughter went on Sunday.
    None of us had a problem, straight through in minutes. They seem to have got it right.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    David Cormack

This is just more attention seeking by this plonker.

Today there is chat about how the leagues might not even get finished / contingency plans.

This supposedly top businessman is talking about having 1000 people at a match - whats the point in that, he needs 10 x that to cover his STs and Celtic fans wouldnt be allowed to travel so what does it tell us???

From Hibs perspective, we have 12000 ST holders and would make diddly squat additional money unless we get another few thousand on top of STs through the door. Cormacks plan would lose everyone money.
    Football - like a lot of businesses - is in a lot of bother, but pie in the sky crap from this eejit does nothing except up his daftie profile.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This is just more attention seeking by this plonker.

Today there is chat about how the leagues might not even get finished / contingency plans.

This supposedly top businessman is talking about having 1000 people at a match - whats the point in that, he needs 10 x that to cover his STs and Celtic fans wouldnt be allowed to travel so what does it tell us???

From Hibs perspective, we have 12000 ST holders and would make diddly squat additional money unless we get another few thousand on top of STs through the door. Cormacks plan would lose everyone money.
    Football - like a lot of businesses - is in a lot of bother, but pie in the sky crap from this eejit does nothing except up his daftie profile.
    You’re not going to retain 12,000 season ticket holders if there isn’t any hope of actually seeing games though. It’s not going to go from nobody to everybody in one go. Starting with lesser numbers and proving it is safe, increasing it and proving that is safe as well is absolutely the way to go.

Bring vocal about trying to get fans back in to grounds isn’t daft IMO, even if he does always have plenty to say for himself.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Maybe they shouldn’t have splashed out on McCrorie if they are now this desperate to get fans in...

Also note it’s in conjunction with the Tory run council. But of trouble making going on I think!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    You’re not going to retain 12,000 season ticket holders if there isn’t any hope of actually seeing games though. It’s not going to go from nobody to everybody in one go. Starting with lesser numbers and proving it is safe, increasing it and proving that is safe as well is absolutely the way to go.

Bring vocal about trying to get fans back in to grounds isn’t daft IMO, even if he does always have plenty to say for himself.
    I fully understand this bit, hence why I said football is in trouble.

He talks about safety, but he cant actually prove its safe though, he doesnt have the necessary tools and he is simply being a distraction at a time when the infection numbers are increasing.

I never believed for a minute we were getting (real numbers of) fans back in before the spring, and he actually risks alienating the Scot Gov even more with this.

I fully understand this bit, hence why I said football is in trouble.

He talks about safety, but he cant actually prove its safe though, he doesnt have the necessary tools and he is simply being a distraction at a time when the infection numbers are increasing.

I never believed for a minute we were getting (real numbers of) fans back in before the spring, and he actually risks alienating the Scot Gov even more with this.
    How can you prove something without being given the opportunity? They’ve proved it’s safe with 300 (it was never not going to be safe with that number) so take the next step.

He’s absolutely right to push it. It’s no different to people in the hospitality industry pushing for customers to be allowed in.

I suspect Cormack knew the answer would be "no" before he even asked, but the fact that he did ask will go down well with the Aberdeen fans.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

From Hibs perspective, we have 12000 ST holders and would make diddly squat additional money unless we get another few thousand on top of STs through the door. ....

The extension of that logic, though, is that clubs would do better by not allowing season ticket holders in for the whole season, despite them already having paid for the right to attend.

Hardly seems fair

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    The extension of that logic, though, is that clubs would do better by not allowing season ticket holders in for the whole season, despite them already having paid for the right to attend.

Hardly seems fair
    True but personally I don’t want the club spending money that will result in a loss just to allow a few hundred to attend in person. I’m at the stage now where I don’t have any expectations of attending a match this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    True but personally I don’t want the club spending money that will result in a loss just to allow a few hundred to attend in person. I’m at the stage now where I don’t have any expectations of attending a match this season.
    I don't mind a few hundred for a couple of test events, but after that it needs to be worthwhile which means several thousand (eg 4000 = one third of season tickets). And I don't see that being allowed any time soon.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    No fans this season after today’s announcement I think.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16