hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was my point. It wasn't great today but the last derby was way worse. Some perspective is needed on today.

Not great but a point against 3rd place last season to put us top of the league is really not the end of the world.

I do agree though if we keep playing like this we'll soon find ourselves back in mid table.
    My thoughts also, was answering to the OP, we are top I’ll enjoy my weekend GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

I honestly don't think that would make Jack Ross' worst 3 performances so definitely not one of the worst in recent memory. Rangers, Hearts and Livi losses were all worse.

Rough day today and he got it very wrong tactically. He'll learn from it. If Boyle could finish a 1v1 we still would've won. As wrong as Ross got it, Boyle, Nisbit and Newall were poor.

A point against a good Motherwell team buoyed by the signing of O’Donnell who played well.

That said, we had players all over the pitch running away from tackles. I find that inexcusable

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    A point against a good Motherwell team buoyed by the signing of O’Donnell who played well.

That said, we had players all over the pitch running away from tackles. I find that inexcusable
    We should have signed O’Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    We should have signed O’Donnell
    Why? Would he be happy sit on the bench? Wouldn’t start ahead Mcginn at right back

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    10/12 ... disaster! Perspective is required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Lex7zero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    I just saw a couple of good football teams who seemed to cancel each other out and nothing to worry about.
    You must be blind We were crap and Well outplayed us

That was not a great performance and if that was in front of a home crowd I'm sure there would have been a few boos. I'm afraid it's just not very exciting football. I'm all for Hibs grinding out results but as a spectator sport it's way short of skill, endeavour and excitement. With our current squad the product on the park should be more pleasing to the eye,

Left by mutual consent! Lex7zero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    That was one of the worst performances in recently memory. Players seemed absolutely incapable of doing the basics.

Silver lining, yes we got a point, 10 points out of 12, top of the league etc

However, that was distressing just how much we were off it today. I hope Jack Ross goes right through them for that standard today.

Was it the midfield? That wasn't the Gogic of the first 3 games...

We know that each and every one of those players are capable of so much more than that today.

That performance, especially live to the whole of the UK with no Premiership on etc and many tuning in to get a football fix, was embarrassing by us and truely angered me.

...aaaaaand breathe
    Totally agree. Great we have 10 points but that was a joke tonight’s. Well outplayed us all over the park. We can’t play that shape as teams dominate us. Ross needs to wake up and change the formation. McRorie and Docherty would make us a top 4 side but at the moment we will struggle for top 6.

4 games in, 10 points, top of the league and there is still disappointment. Looking forward to another 3 points next week.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex7zero View Post
    Totally agree. Great we have 10 points but that was a joke tonight’s. Well outplayed us all over the park. We can’t play that shape as teams dominate us. Ross needs to wake up and change the formation. McRorie and Docherty would make us a top 4 side but at the moment we will struggle for top 6.
    No we wont. We‘ll make top 6 comfortably this season as their isn’t 6 teams better than us in the league.

This place absolutely reeks tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by smithy_hibees View Post
    Why? Would he be happy sit on the bench? Wouldn’t start ahead Mcginn at right back
    Of course he would. How many caps has mcginn got? Ross was desperate to get him.

Testimonial Due
    You must be blind We were crap and Well outplayed us
    Nope. And nope. They played a high press very well, but ther wasn't a lot in it. They're a good side and I thought they'd probably turn us over before the game. We look transformed from last season - solid at the back with Gogic harassing anything through the middle and the narrow shape forcing attackers to go wide and throw in crosses that Hanlon and Porteous easily deal with.

Yup we could have been better going forward - and we were when Allen came on. But you are utterly deluded to say that was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Of course he would. How many caps has mcginn got? Ross was desperate to get him.
    Desperate to get O’Donnell? He signed a short term deal with Motherwell, surely if we were so desperate sign him we’d be able offer him better than short term deal? RB we have 3 options plus if mccrorie comes in he can cover in there. McGinn is Super don’t you think?

Quote Originally Posted by smithy_hibees View Post
    Desperate to get O’Donnell? He signed a short term deal with Motherwell, surely if we were so desperate sign him we’d be able offer him better than short term deal? RB we have 3 options plus if mccrorie comes in he can cover in there. McGinn is Super don’t you think?
    Ignore him. He’s clearly not watching our games.

So you fancy a game of 5s at the Oriam later?

Just imagine we weren't top of the league, hadn't had best start since 1974, weren't unbeaten and had conceded a goal from open play.

The internet would break

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Nope. And nope. They played a high press very well, but ther wasn't a lot in it. They're a good side and I thought they'd probably turn us over before the game. We look transformed from last season - solid at the back with Gogic harassing anything through the middle and the narrow shape forcing attackers to go wide and throw in crosses that Hanlon and Porteous easily deal with.

Yup we could have been better going forward - and we were when Allen came on. But you are utterly deluded to say that was crap.
    I must be deluded as well then?? That was utter crap and if we keep playing like this and the Dundee United game then we will soon tumble down the league

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Just imagine we weren't top of the league, hadn't had best start since 1974, weren't unbeaten and had conceded a goal from open play.

The internet would break
    Your right mate, a load of people coming out with stats that make us look better than we really are
    More signings required

Im sick we've won 3 games already this season. Losing them would have been much better for us as that takes away the fear of drawing games...

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post

The internet would break
    Imagine also if their was a crowd in the stadium, going by some of the stuff on here I can easily imagine them getting on the back of the players, ....... que a late goal against us as the players get nervy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Im sick we've won 3 games already this season. Losing them would have been much better for us as that takes away the fear of drawing games...
    Being statistically the 3rd best team in the country since last November is really pish. Sick of it

There will be plenty of folk slagging off Hibs on here until October 17.

What's with all the sarcastic comments to anyone who dares say that last night was awful viewing and a poor performance?? Just because we have 10pts and haven't lost a game in four league games?? I'm fully aware how many points we have and that we are top of a league but that doesn't mean we have played well and look fantastic, far from it
    I'm over the moon with the points tally and I'm also delighted to see us sitting top of the league even at this very early stage. That doesn't mean that I think last night was a good performance and the same goes for the Dundee utd game. Its quite possible to be satisfied with the points on the board but pissed off at the performance of the last two games

I think, without having seen a minute of the game, that it's safe to say that the use of the word "horrific" in relation to a football performance is laughable hyperbole. Terrorist attacks and Tory governments are horrific, not footballing performances. It's a point at home to a team that were far better than us last season - a poor performance in a game that a couple of years ago we'd have probably lost to some last minute, sclaffed off the opposing striker's arse goal.

The positive thing is that we would have crumbled and lost that game under hecky, even under Lennon.

Ross has made us work more as a defensive unit.

However Motherwell played like the home team. Possession is not there with a flat 4 in the middle both United and Motherwell dictated play and more clinical teams will turn that possession into goals.

I do think Gullan needs a run and easy to say now but he should have came on at some point yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    What's with all the sarcastic comments to anyone who dares say that last night was awful viewing and a poor performance?? Just because we have 10pts and haven't lost a game in four league games?? I'm fully aware how many points we have and that we are top of a league but that doesn't mean we have played well and look fantastic, far from it
    I'm over the moon with the points tally and I'm also delighted to see us sitting top of the league even at this very early stage. That doesn't mean that I think last night was a good performance and the same goes for the Dundee utd game. Its quite possible to be satisfied with the points on the board but pissed off at the performance of the last two games

Where were the comments when we won games? This place is unreal after a poor performance. Players who were great 2 weeks ago are now not the answer. Quite simply it’s nonsense. Some of our fans are clueless about football and think they know better than Jack Ross. Every team has poor games.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Where were the comments when we won games? This place is unreal after a poor performance. Players who were great 2 weeks ago are now not the answer. Quite simply it’s nonsense. Some of our fans are clueless about football and think they know better than Jack Ross. Every team has poor games.
    Of course every team has poor games and that's what hibs were last night poor
    There's loads of comments praising us for the games we won.
    That's what happens in most football forums, when the team plays well they will get praised and when they are poor you will see a lot of negative comments

It was a poor performance yes. Sometimes there is such a thing as a good point, and this is definitely it.

At the end of the day, Motherwell were looking for their first win of the season last night, while we were looking for our FOURTH.

It’s a cracking start for us and a long season. We were not at it at all, so while disappointing we take the point and do better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post

It's not a reaction to people saying it was a poor performance but the OP said it was "horrific" and "one of the worst in recent memory" and we didn't even lose (the result is all important in football games, not the performance - meaning if, as will occasionally be the case with any football team, one of result or performance is lacking, let's be glad on this occasion it was just the performance). So it's a reaction to that total over reaction.