hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh_Lad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I know that, you got to remember what kind of team we will get drawn against, the times we got been in the qualifiers before we couldn’t get past the second or third round, I would imagine we would be unseeded against a decent side
    Even in the conference there will be some top drawer sides. Either way, 4 home games guaranteed in Europe that we will hopefully be able to attend.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    RZ Pellets and Wolfsberger are the same team.

That sounds really stupid.

I've honestly never heard them called that, though I did leave Austria quite a few years ago now. They were always just referred to as Wolfsberg.

When did they change their name?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

I've honestly never heard them called that, though I did leave Austria quite a few years ago now. They were always just referred to as Wolfsberg.

2014 for the crass reason of sponsorship.

P.S. Keith, you are now 2nd bottom in hibs.net UEFA coefficient league just above the poster who last night thought Antwerp was in Holland

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    2014 for the crass reason of sponsorship.

P.S. Keith, you are now 2nd bottom in hibs.net UEFA coefficient league just above the poster who last night thought Antwerp was in Holland

Goddamn it, I'm really not putting in a good performance on this one.

Though, in my defence, at least I didn't confuse Wolfsberg and Wolfsburg.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    A guy called Bert Kassies runs a brilliant coefficient page. Updates it every night that there are games. Has done for 15 years or so. Give it a Google and then bookmark it. It's brilliant if you are interested in coefficients
    Thanks - I'll check it out.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    We'll never move up to the next group and too far in front even with a disastrous season to drop below 15th (given other countries around us will lose a better years record than us for next years figures).

Hibs to get 3rd and watch this thread rocket in popularity
    If rangers get through to the next round and even maybe get a draw in one leg of the last 16 we’d be in a position to push for 7th next season. If we were to manage that it would potentially see our Cup winner in 2023 go straight into the Europa League groups

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    What rank is required for the league winners to go straight to CL group stage?

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    What rank is required for the league winners to go straight to CL group stage?
    I'm sure I read 10th although 11th may be good enough.
    Scotland are 11th at the moment but Ukraine are in hot pursuit less than a win behind us.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I'm sure I read 10th although 11th may be good enough.
    Scotland are 11th at the moment but Ukraine are in hot pursuit less than a win behind us.
    Difficulty Scotland have with that is Shaktar who consistently get into fairly decent runs in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

Probably to avoid confusion with the German team VfL Wolfsburg?
    Last edited by jgl07; 19-02-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    Hertz

Updated your chart for you
    Thanks
    Did feel incomplete before

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Difficulty Scotland have with that is Shaktar who consistently get into fairly decent runs in Europe.
    If Dynamo Kiev lose and go out next week it is a straight fight for results between Shakhtar and Rangers and the winner may be the team that gets the kindest draw.
    Bottom line is if Scotland fail to stay in 11th this season they will almost certainly be top ten when next season starts and should be able to at least hold that position so any benefits are only postponed for a year although next season points gained by Scottish teams will be divided by 5 instead of the current 4 which puts an onus on Hibs, Aberdeen plus 1 to win some points.

On the current trajectory Scotland would be 8th behind Holland in 18 months time BUT the damage economically caused to our clubs by covid, some of it self inflicted, will hurt Scottish teams European performances for some time starting next season. That black clouds effects will be felt by the Old Firm and Aberdeen most.
    Celtic and Rangers totally ignored the economic logic of the pandemic to have their 10 in a row fight and that combined with lousy European performances will have emptied Celtics coffers. Rangers have the satisfaction of stopping 10 in a row and thankfully for their backers, finance from their great European performances but they will have to sell players this summer to stem their massive debt, so I am expecting them to be much weaker in Europe next season. The downsize may well cause Gerrard to move on with his brainy sidekick. Winning the league and far more importantly performing well in Europe means his stock as a manager is currently very high and he won't fancy risking it next season with a downsized Rangers.

What of Scotlands other representatives, Aberdeen had too big a squad in the summer and added to it and as a result had to sell players, and give up 3rd, when their fans back before November gamble tanked. As a result they now have no strikers and their defence is almost as bad. Their hurt will continue next season unless they can recruit well and cheaply. All that considered they won't do anything in their European games next season.
    Hibs covid strategy of quality summer recruitment and a small squad until the January window, has turned out best. 3rd is in the bag but not without finance. I suspect we have used most of our cash reserves but the sale of Nisbet in the summer for circa £2.5 million would probably be enough to keep us at our current playing level next season if we can recruit well again. Out of contract players leaving could have a detrimental factor to our European performances if we can't replace them with similar quality, so hopefully they stay

In conclusion Scotland have been averaging 8 coefficient points for the last 3 seasons but I suspect we will struggle next season and 6.5 points would be a decent return given all of the above.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 20-02-2021 at 11:09 AM.

If Dynamo Kiev lose and go out next week it is a straight fight for results between Shakhtar and Rangers and the winner may be the team that gets the kindest draw.
    Bottom line is if Scotland fail to stay in 11th this season they will almost certainly be top ten when next season starts and should be able to at least hold that position so any benefits are only postponed for a year although next season points gained by Scottish teams will be divided by 5 instead of the current 4 which puts an onus on Hibs, Aberdeen plus 1 to win some points.

On the current trajectory Scotland would be 8th behind Holland in 18 months time BUT the damage economically caused to our clubs by covid, some of it self inflicted, will hurt Scottish teams European performances for some time starting next season. That black clouds effects will be felt by the Old Firm and Aberdeen most.
    Celtic and Rangers totally ignored the economic logic of the pandemic to have their 10 in a row fight and that combined with lousy European performances will have emptied Celtics coffers. Rangers have the satisfaction of stopping 10 in a row and thankfully for their backers, finance from their great European performances but they will have to sell players this summer to stem their massive debt, so I am expecting them to be much weaker in Europe next season. The downsize may well cause Gerrard to move on with his brainy sidekick. Winning the league and far more importantly performing well in Europe means his stock as a manager is currently very high and he won't fancy risking it next season with a downsized Rangers.

What of Scotlands other representatives, Aberdeen had too big a squad in the summer and added to it and as a result had to sell players, and give up 3rd, when their fans back before November gamble tanked. As a result they now have no strikers and their defence is almost as bad. Their hurt will continue next season unless they can recruit well and cheaply. All that considered they won't do anything in their European games next season.
    Hibs covid strategy of quality summer recruitment and a small squad until the January window, has turned out best. 3rd is in the bag but not without finance. I suspect we have used most of our cash reserves but the sale of Nisbet in the summer for circa £2.5 million would probably be enough to keep us at our current playing level next season if we can recruit well again. Out of contract players leaving could have a detrimental factor to our European performances if we can't replace them with similar quality, so hopefully they stay

In conclusion Scotland have been averaging 8 coefficient points for the last 3 seasons but I suspect we will struggle next season and 6.5 points would be a decent return given all of the above.
    Hibs had Covid insurance. It won't have fully covered our lost earnings, but I would hope we are in better situation than you think.

Celtic need a clear out, but still have a lot of cash in the bank.

Rangers seem to be touting their players for a lot of money, even though we know they aren't worth that. I don't see a fire sale there, I think they will make one big sale.

Aberdeen is a strange one. It would not surprise me if they get a lot of financial backing in the summer, but if they don't, they are in danger of turning into us ten years ago

Hibs had Covid insurance. It won't have fully covered our lost earnings, but I would hope we are in better situation than you think.

Celtic need a clear out, but still have a lot of cash in the bank.

Rangers seem to be touting their players for a lot of money, even though we know they aren't worth that. I don't see a fire sale there, I think they will make one big sale.

Aberdeen is a strange one. It would not surprise me if they get a lot of financial backing in the summer, but if they don't, they are in danger of turning into us ten years ago
    I am not aware of Hibs telling us they had insurance which covered covid or how much it was worth and Importantly whether it had paid out.
    Dundee received a small insurance payment in November which they announced. They hoped it would be an interim payment but they have been quiet since.

I did read folks posts on social media suggesting that Hibs insurance covered covid but I take them with a big pinch of salt and as I say there has been no official statement from Hibs.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 20-02-2021 at 12:18 PM.

I am not aware of Hibs telling us they had insurance which covered covid or how much it was worth and Importantly whether it had paid out.
    Dundee received a small insurance payment in November which they announced. They hoped it would be an interim payment but they have been quiet since.

I did read folks posts on social media suggesting that Hibs insurance covered covid but I take them with a big pinch of salt and as I say there has been no official statement from Hibs.
    Why would hibs announce it on social media? I know hibs had a level of cover, and I know it paid out

Why would hibs announce it on social media? I know hibs had a level of cover, and I know it paid out
    You have misunderstood my post. I was suggesting that there was no official communication from Hibs about relevant insurance and a pay out, merely folk on social media guessing or flying a kite.

What i was getting at was that Hibs have not, as far as i know, stated that they have had a pay out on their insurance due to covid. I understand they may choose not to make such a communication, however, you now state that you know there was relevant insurance and it has paid out. What is you source? Obviously I understand if it is an official one and you can't divulge it.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 20-02-2021 at 05:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Are we talking significant monies?
    Also will the same thing apply to this season, with no fans in

You have misunderstood my post. I was suggesting that there was no official communication from Hibs about relevant insurance and a pay out, merely folk on social media guessing or flying a kite.

What i was getting at was that Hibs have not, as far as i know, stated that they have had a pay out on their insurance due to covid. I understand they may choose not to make such a communication, however, you now state that you know there was relevant insurance and it has paid out. What is you source? Obviously I understand if it is an official one and you can't divulge it.
    I can tell you that money was paid. That's about it. Hibs weren't the only club to receive money although not many did. That might give you a hint as to how I know hibs got money. It wasn't an insignificant amount, but it doesn't cover all of our loses.
    It continues to pay as this situation continues.

I can tell you that money was paid. That's about it. Hibs weren't the only club to receive money although not many did. That might give you a hint as to how I know hibs got money. It wasn't an insignificant amount, but it doesn't cover all of our loses.
    I get you now JG. Thanks

Did Hearts have insurance?

Champions League matches are all top 6, so of no interest to us, but Spurs knocking out Wolfersburg(or whatever) sure helps.
    Today, the best results on top of a Hun win, would be losses where possible to Dutch, Belgian Austrian and Ukrainian teams. Salzburg winning the now

Quote Originally Posted by SJNB Hibby View Post
    Champions League matches are all top 6, so of no interest to us, but Spurs knocking out Wolfersburg(or whatever) sure helps.
    Today, the best results on top of a Hun win, would be losses where possible to Dutch, Belgian Austrian and Ukrainian teams. Salzburg winning the now
    Rangers wins worth slightly more than Ukranians .25 v .20 ,

Austria is the next one to get close to (too late to catch them now). The others are too dar in front until next season where they lose a good seasons we record, we lose a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Rangers wins worth slightly more than Ukranians .25 v .20 ,

Austria is the next one to get close to (too late to catch them now). The others are too dar in front until next season where they lose a good seasons we record, we lose a bad one.
    Both Austrian teams out now.
    No matter what happens from now on we will start next season ahead of Belgium and Austria when the coefficient from 5 years ago drops off.
    Therefore as things stand Scotland will start next season in 9th.
    Only issue at the moment is Ukraine are chasing us hard. Rangers and Shakhtar both winning and going through tonight cancel each other out.
    We need Dynamo Kiev to lose or draw and get knocked out against Club Brugge in Belgium tonight.
    0-0 at the moment after 34 mins. 1-1 agg with the Belgians with the away goal from the 1st leg.
    Fortunately for Scotland Club Brugge are a lot better than Antwerp. 15 points and a game in hand ahead of 2nd placed Antwerp.
    All Club Brugge so far.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-02-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Both Austrian teams out now.
    No matter what happens from now on we will start next season ahead of Belgium and Austria when the coefficient from 5 years ago drops off.
    Therefore as things stand Scotland will start next season in 9th.
    Only issue at the moment is Ukraine are chasing us hard. Rangers and Shakhtar both winning and going through tonight cancel each other out.
    We need Dynamo Kiev to lose or draw and get knocked out against Club Brugge in Belgium tonight.
    0-0 at the moment after 34 mins. 1-1 agg with the Belgians with the away goal from the 1st leg.
    Fortunately for Scotland Club Brugge are a lot better than Antwerp. 15 points and a game in hand ahead of 2nd placed Antwerp.
    All Club Brugge so far.
    We have the 5th best record THIS YEAR, which would be cemented if PSG lose to Barca in the next leg, and dont get anything from the Quarter-finals---amazing when you think about it, and the points we lose next season are even fewer than the ones we lose this season---we're on a streak to average 9 points a season---thats 6th place and 6 spots in Europe

We have the 5th best record THIS YEAR, which would be cemented if PSG lose to Barca in the next leg, and dont get anything from the Quarter-finals---amazing when you think about it, and the points we lose next season are even fewer than the ones we lose this season---we're on a streak to average 9 points a season---thats 6th place and 6 spots in Europe
    Scotland were 7th best country last season behind the top 6 who are well ahead of the rest.
    Our rightful place is probably 8th behind Holland after we overtake Russia.

If we can average 7.5 coefficient points a season we would probably hold that place long term which for a nation of 5.5 million people is massively punching.
    A slight spanner in the works from next season is all points gained will be divided by 5 instead of the current 4 given our extra team in Europe. This will reduce the totals gained by the Old Firm so we have to hope Hibs, Aberdeen and Livingston at least beat any lesser teams they face before the inevitable horsing from a big fish.

An hour played in Brugge and it's still 0-0. Dynamo Kiev will have to have a go soon to get the goal they need.
    Good open game where a goal to either team could be curtains for the other
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-02-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Scotland were 7th best country last season behind the top 6 who are well ahead of the rest.
    Our rightful place is probably 8th behind Holland after we overtake Russia.

If we can average 7.5 coefficient points a season we would probably hold that place long term which for a nation of 5.5 million people is massively punching.
    A slight spanner in the works from next season is all points gained will be divided by 5 instead of the current 4 given our extra team in Europe. This will reduce the totals gained by the Old Firm so have to hope Hibs, Aberdeen and Livingston at least beat any lesser teams they face before the inevitable horsing from a big fish.
    Agreed, but qualification for the CL group stages gives you 4 bonus points(how on earth do England spain germany and italy manage to hang on to the top 4 ) which almost makes up for it, the rich get richer etc etc etc. Imagine if Killie and the Huns hadnt lost to Welsh and Luxemburgians

Agreed, but qualification for the CL group stages gives you 4 bonus points(how on earth do England spain germany and italy manage to hang on to the top 4 ) which almost makes up for it, the rich get richer etc etc etc. Imagine if Killie and the Huns hadnt lost to Welsh and Luxemburgians
    Even withstanding that I looked at the coefficient table earlier today and England and Spain still had all 7 teams still standing and Italy and Germany had lost only 1 team each. Brutal and getting more brutal with every reorganisation.
    Re the guff losses you refer to, it does my nut when Scottish teams lose to smaller nations. We have to at least be flat track bullies like Hibs are this season.

P.S. Brugge game is very good, 82 mins gone 0-0

disaster for Scotland
    Goal Kiev!!!
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-02-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Even withstanding that I looked at the coefficient table earlier today and England and Spain still had all 7 teams still standing and Italy and Germany had lost only 1 team each. Brutal and getting more brutal with every reorganisation.
    Re the guff losses you refer to, it does my nut when Scottish teams lose to smaller nations. We have to at least be flat track bullies like Hibs are this season.

P.S. Brugge game is very good, 77 mins gone 0-0
    Yeah England and Spain are putting miles berween them and the others.

Slavia through

Slavia through
    Lost my stream in Brugge as Kiev scored.
    Brugge have been all over them but couldn't score.

Rangers could do worse than draw Kiev in the next round.
    Nothing like their great team of old.
    Workman like but more Chicken Kiev than Dynamo.

Disaster for Club Brugge.
    Disaster for Scotland

We might still be 0.025 of a point ahead of the Ukraine but they still have 2 teams standing
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-02-2021 at 08:55 PM.