hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    @hibs.net private member
    The problem with co efficient is that clubs outside the Old Firm contribute very little to help it. Next season each point won will be divided by 5. So unless Hibs, Aberdeen and Livingston actually win a few games then the likelihood of staying at this level or improving will be reduced.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem with co efficient is that clubs outside the Old Firm contribute very little to help it. Next season each point won will be divided by 5. So unless Hibs, Aberdeen and Livingston actually win a few games then the likelihood of staying at this level or improving will be reduced.
    The Europa Conference league should help with that, more opportunities to pick up points if one or both of us and Aberdeen make the groups.

However that may also help the weaker Austrian, Belgian, Dutch, Ukrainian teams as well.

Sorry if it upsets our coefficient lovers, but I'm delighted The Rangers got beat last night.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Sorry if it upsets our coefficient lovers, but I'm delighted The Rangers got beat last night.

Scotland secured 11th place last night anyway so win win on both sides

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    For the next two seasons we have limited targets, 1) Beat the 4.375 we got in 2016-17, and 2)the 4 we got in 2017-18. If we got just 6 points in each season, we'd be potentially 9th place in 2023-24, when things get tougher, although not impossible, trying to replace a 6.75

If Rangers get into the CL Group stages thats 4/5 = 0.8 right there. We have 5 teams in Europe pretty much guaranteed for the next 3 seasons, Us the Dons, and likely the Yams in one of those seasons need to take advantage, and beat middling Greek teams, and not lose out to the likes of the Welsh and Luxemburgers

Anyway thread will likely disappear now---see you all in July

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It’s an outstanding achievement. On a side note, is it 90 minutes the coefficient works off? For example Rangers last night, if they had equalised then there was a winner in extra time, does coefficient work from the 90 or 120 minute mark? Guessing 90 but just curious.

We really need all teams to at least win a couple of games and the big two to go fairly deep regularly.
    I don't know but would guess that it is the result after 90 mins.

If Hibs are in European competition most seasons from now on and Scotland can hold onto 8th best rated league in Europe it might help us attract better players so long as we can afford to pay them.

Not forgetting we have the 7th best supported top league in Europe which is another positive.
    Unfortunately, the pandemic has hurt our clubs more than those of any country because they get most of their income through season tickets and gate receipts but hopefully our clubs can recover from the hit.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 19-03-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I don't know but would guess that it is the result after 90 mins
    I think result after extra time counts but penalty shoot out has no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I think result after extra time counts but penalty shoot out has no effect.
    Thanks, I was discussing it with my son up until Rangers imploded.
    Neither of us knew the answer and after Kung Fu Roofe sold the jerseys it didn't seem to matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    Scotland secured 11th place last night anyway so win win on both sides

Woohoo!