hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David Tanner

Left by mutual consent!
    No bad for you 😉 LS works for Sky and isnt freelancing though mate.

2. Log in to remove the advert

As I approach the renewal date of my Hibs TV subscription I wonder if the new set up is worth the increased amount which it will cost me this year. if the extra cash is going to Hibs then good. If not then bad. I have stuck with Hibs TV under various guises since the earliest days when Stuart Crowther was in charge and weathered the blackouts etc which used to be common place then. On Saturday I watched Tanner (about whom I know absolutely nothing) smirking his way through an interview which, as other posters have said could have been conducted by just about anybody.

Towards the end of the match I lost the (excellent) picture several times and when the picture goes so does the commentary. I am a fan of Cliff Pike and wonder why he could not do the interviews and by paid accordingly. I would be quite happy to see him conduct a half time interview with a pie in his hand/mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone from Hibs tv should put him right on his lazy journalism, driving this morning he proudly said Ross County had built their own indoor training centre way before celtic rangers of hearts had.

This clown works for Hibs FFS.
    Give him a break...he was probably concentrating on the road.

Agree with the critical comments on Tanner. He is wooden, full of crap clichés and generally not very watchable. But I'll put up with it for as long as I have to I suppose.

Imho of course. I'm sure he's a decent bloke but it's not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by DaveF; 17-08-2020 at 09:57 AM.

The Troy McClure of Scottish sports broadcasting

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Agree with you 100 percent. The ‘hot tatttie’ banter with Tam McManus at half time was even worse. Really hope Hibs haven’t had to pay too much to have him on.
    Let’s get the Longbangers guys doing an alternate commentary/analysis. More entertaining, more Jambo bashing and more knob jokes.

He might be to everyone’s taste but he’s doing a power of work defending Ron Gordon on Twitter today

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    He might be to everyone’s taste but he’s doing a power of work defending Ron Gordon on Twitter today
    He shouldn't have too, anyone who heard the interview on Saturday would be clear on what Ron said

I don't get this negativity re Tanner, think he's a fine presenter, who's very experienced

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    He really is, fair play to him and credit where it's due

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He shouldn't have too, anyone who heard the interview on Saturday would be clear on what Ron said

I don't get this negativity re Tanner, think he's a fine presenter, who's very experienced
    Like him as well.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Let’s get the Longbangers guys doing an alternate commentary/analysis. More entertaining, more Jambo bashing and more knob jokes.
    They've stopped returning our calls. 😂
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

He might be a fine presenter, and very experienced, but he's joined in with the rest of the Scottish media and spouting rubbish, in fact spouting lies in this case Billy.

And we as a club are employing him while he does this.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He might be a fine presenter, and very experienced, but he's joined in with the rest of the Scottish media and spouting rubbish, in fact spouting lies in this case Billy.

Sorry what have I missed? Thought a previous poster said Tanner was supporting Ron
    I don’t do much on twitter, only read what’s on here

If you’re talking about his remark about the training centres...

At best (for him), you’re completely overreacting to something that he didn’t explicitly say. At worst (for him), he made a trivial mistake that is ultimately irrelevant to the point he was making.

Either way, it’s really not that big a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    If you’re talking about his remark about the training centres...

At best (for him), you’re completely overreacting to something that he didn’t explicitly say. At worst (for him), he made a trivial mistake that is ultimately irrelevant to the point he was making.

Either way, it’s really not that big a deal.
    He was clear in mentioning how Ross County built THEIR training centre before Hearts built THEIR one. The myth grows legs like their 20,000 seater stadium, them being expelled, the huns not being liquidated and having to start again in the 4th division.

Tanner and the likes are frightened to speak the truth, or they dont know the truth and just say what they are told to say.

It is only right people speak out about the inaccuracies they continue to spout.

@hibs.net private member
    Tanner on Twitter strongly defending Ron Gordon’s comments about points deduction... anyone questioning his ‘Hibs loyalties’ just need to read his responses to some idiots over there.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    He was clear in mentioning how Ross County built THEIR training centre before Hearts built THEIR one. The myth grows legs like their 20,000 seater stadium, them being expelled, the huns not being liquidated and having to start again in the 4th division.

Tanner and the likes are frightened to speak the truth, or they dont know the truth and just say what they are told to say.

It is only right people speak out about the inaccuracies they continue to spout.
    All the things you have listed are internet phenomenons IMO. The kind of things brought up on message boards, but not the things people complain about in “real life”

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    All the things you have listed are internet phenomenons IMO. The kind of things brought up on message boards, but not the things people complain about in “real life”
    Ah right, so the internet has no place in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    As I approach the renewal date of my Hibs TV subscription I wonder if the new set up is worth the increased amount which it will cost me this year. if the extra cash is going to Hibs then good. If not then bad. I have stuck with Hibs TV under various guises since the earliest days when Stuart Crowther was in charge and weathered the blackouts etc which used to be common place then. On Saturday I watched Tanner (about whom I know absolutely nothing) smirking his way through an interview which, as other posters have said could have been conducted by just about anybody.

Towards the end of the match I lost the (excellent) picture several times and when the picture goes so does the commentary. I am a fan of Cliff Pike and wonder why he could not do the interviews and by paid accordingly. I would be quite happy to see him conduct a half time interview with a pie in his hand/mouth.
    My sentiments exactly, I would prefer Cliff to handle the show, the new guy seems "too smarmie
    "to me

M

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    My sentiments exactly, I would prefer Cliff to handle the show, the new guy seems "too smarmie
    "to me

M
    I’m not fussy either way but would you want him to present the show and commentate?