hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well on Sat

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    On form we should be winning this game comfortably but at the same time, we’ve all been here before when we go into a game as clear favourites but end up dropping points. Hopefully it ain’t the case this Saturday and we make it 4 out of 4 and regain top spot.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Massive game already this early in the season, ive no doubts motherwell will turn this poor form around. They are really struggling at the back particularly full back. The boy Grimshaw at right back is murder, and Lamie isn't much better on the other side. They're strengths lie in midfield.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We should beat them, but isn't a gimme, despite their poor start. The big two apart, there isn't a lot between the rest of the teams and anybody can beat anybody on their day. We have the confidence of an excellent start, which could prove decisive.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

No easy games. 100% focus and energy required. Players must be buzzing looking forward to it.

Would be really disappointing to drop points but taking nothing for granted.

Two tough away trips and Killie proving difficult to beat so 3 wins is excellent, I'm now thinking a home game against Motherwell in their current form has to be viewed as potential 3pts but we'll need to be on our game right away.
    These are the big matches if 3rd is going to be achieved.

Think with Motherwell signing O’Donnell he will go straight in the team and as such we will got with a 442.

We will line up the same as Saturday with Horgan on the left helping Doig.

Motherwell are a hard working team but also have plenty players that can hurt us which we will need to be wary of. They’ve started really poor but it will still be a very difficult game imo and 3 points would be massive.

The positive is that based on their fans forum they seem hopeless at the back so a good opportunity to really punish them on the break.

Hope we pull it out the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On form we should be winning this game comfortably but at the same time, we’ve all been here before when we go into a game as clear favourites but end up dropping points. Hopefully it ain’t the case this Saturday and we make it 4 out of 4 and regain top spot.
    We've got a better squad than them, more firepower, but the gap's not huge. We've had 2 very close games and we've thrashed a below par Livingston, they've had 3 very close games. We could have had 5 pts now, they could have had 7. It'll be tough on Saturday, expect them to have a lot of possession, but think Doidge and Nisbet too hot for them.

Prediction: Hibs 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Think with Motherwell signing O’Donnell he will go straight in the team and as such we will got with a 442.

We will line up the same as Saturday with Horgan on the left helping Doig.

Motherwell are a hard working team but also have plenty players that can hurt us which we will need to be wary of. They’ve started really poor but it will still be a very difficult game imo and 3 points would be massive.

The positive is that based on their fans forum they seem hopeless at the back so a good opportunity to really punish them on the break.

Hope we pull it out the bag.
    Don’t think we will go with a midfield four. It didn’t work the other night and middle of the park is the strongest area of Motherwell’s team. Don’t think we’ll leave ourselves short in there.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don’t think we will go with a midfield four. It didn’t work the other night and middle of the park is the strongest area of Motherwell’s team. Don’t think we’ll leave ourselves short in there.
    Agree with this I think we will go back to the 3 5 2 with Allan in behind Nisbet and big Doidgey

@hibs.net private member
    What has changed for the m? Did Motherwell lose many players at the end of the season? Also who did they sign? (I suppose Turnbull could almost be considered a new signing).

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    What has changed for the m? Did Motherwell lose many players at the end of the season? Also who did they sign? (I suppose Turnbull could almost be considered a new signing).
    Think the main two they lost were the goalie who signed for Newcastle the centre half, Hartley, who was also their captain. Quite a few others but not first picks I don’t think.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I think we will purely for the reason that I can see Doig having a very hard time against O’Donnell and whoever their winger is, could be Hastie, Hylton or Seedorf who are all tricky and fast. I can see him having Horgan left mid to offer some protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think we will purely for the reason that I can see Doig having a very hard time against O’Donnell and whoever their winger is, could be Hastie, Hylton or Seedorf who are all tricky and fast. I can see him having Horgan left mid to offer some protection.
    I agree it should be 4 at the back against a team who were particularly strong on the wings fairly recently, squad is adaptable so changing to a 3 should be straightforward if we're dominating possesion though.
    It suggests Allan on the bench which I was pretty well against pre season but this run requires consistency. If we can raise the quality a bit there has been a very definite steeliness through the team and none of those flat spells during a game where we drop our workrate and concede easily. Maybe the Killie equaliser was the one occasion of switching off slightly where Doig and Gogic both had opportunity to clear danger but were caught out?

@hibs.net private member
    Excited for the game today. Been a while since I was looking forward to seeing us play, with such optimism.

C’mon Hibs, 3 points please!!

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    TBF Hibs have won three games however two of those the results could have been very different. Hibs are winning but the form is just okay at this stage. I expect a right tough game that hopefully Hibs will edge it. 🐵

Team just been announced on radio, same as last game.