hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Josh Doig

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What sides targeted him? He really didn't get targeted defensively. Other side's let him have the ball because he rarely done anything with it but he never, ever got torn to bits defensively.

He is back up now, no doubt. He is not suddenly Pa Kujabi. Quality player for this club for near 15 years.
    I'm not saying he's not quality - but he was definitely targeted by sides as our weak link. Both full back areas were

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    I don't see how Stevenson gets a look in if he keeps this level of performance up. Still raw and areas of his game need work but excellent to see.
    At the moment for me Doig is number one on current displays. But he is still 18 and growing as a player. If anything we're supremely lucky to have someone like Lewis able and waiting to come in if he ever finds himself knackered or has a poor few games and needs taken out the firing line and also to hopefully guide him as a player.

Hearts were only willing to offer him a second part time contract and that’s when we stepped in and gave him a full time.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    At the moment for me Doig is number one on current displays. But he is still 18 and growing as a player. If anything we're supremely lucky to have someone like Lewis able and waiting to come in if he ever finds himself knackered or has a poor few games and needs taken out the firing line and also to hopefully guide him as a player.

Stevenson will still have a big part to play this season.

Doig is doing brilliantly but we are only three games into the season

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1648 View Post
    Hearts were only willing to offer him a second part time contract and that’s when we stepped in and gave him a full time.

Levein is a genius.

To be fair, they do have Hickey, who will no doubt be at Hearts for years to come and will probably become captain.
    Last edited by jacomo; 11-08-2020 at 10:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Every young player should look to learn from Lewis, and a left back certainly should. A model pro.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post

Stevenson will still have a big part to play this season.

Doig is doing brilliantly but we are only three games into the season
    Absolutely. Lewis is getting on, despite his fitness probably being similar to what it was 10 years ago, but he'll know that he's nearing the stage of his career where he'll need to start to play back up to someone who will finally replace him and as I said previously we're lucky to have someone like him who will do that and give us 110% every time and not throw the toys out the pram.

Absolutely. Lewis is getting on, despite his fitness probably being similar to what it was 10 years ago, but he'll know that he's nearing the stage of his career where he'll need to start to play back up to someone who will finally replace him and as I said previously we're lucky to have someone like him who will do that and give us 110% every time and not throw the toys out the pram.

This. Lewis is the kind of guy who, while he won't be happy at being backup, he'll help the young lad and when called upon put everything in.

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    Why did Hearts let him go? Did he have an injury that was going to cost them money to repair?
    I said on another thread that he couldn't kick the ball high enough for the maroon balloons to want him.....

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I said on another thread that he couldn't kick the ball high enough for the maroon balloons to want him.....
    He plays football.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    He plays football.
    Indeed, the antithesis of what's required in a Hearts player......

Coaching Staff
    No doubt his inexperience will lead to a couple of inconsistent performances...something that happens with nearly every Young player breaking through, but on his performances so far, I think he’ll be in the starting eleven more than he’s out of it this season.

We’re used to Lewis being an automatic choice at left back, but he certainly has reached the stage in his career where he is up against strong competition.

Thought the young lad had a good game yesterday evening - lots of energy, combined with the attitude and confidence of youth. He was willing to try things out and he is great going forward - will be interesting to see how he stands up when up dealing with better opposition coming at us - looks like a great prospect.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Made me laugh😄

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Another Hearts reject like Cummings, have you any more you dont want gimps.

hahahahaha
    ive just spat ma Frosties oot !!!

GGTTH

Admin: Please update the thread title to Dougie Tripod.

I love how he is comfortable cutting onto his right foot. Difficult to defend when he can go both ways

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Good interview with Josh in the digital match day programme today. Worth a read. Laddie seems to have his head screwed on the right way. Exciting potential and it will be fun watching him develop into a great player for us.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Good interview with Josh in the digital match day programme today. Worth a read. Laddie seems to have his head screwed on the right way. Exciting potential and it will be fun watching him develop into a great player for us.
    Really mature interview - its hard to believe he is just 18 years old.

Great to see the acknowledgement of LS contribution to his development.