hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Boli Bolingoli

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to start deducting points from teams or this will just keep happening. These idiots are going to get the game stopped again.
    Agree. The only way to get through to these idiots is to hit the clubs with points deductions. If all that is going to happen is a 14 day quarantine then they will carry on with this type of behaviour. If their paymaster is hit then they will get hit.

2. Log in to remove the advert

These brain-dead idiot players are seriously jeopardising football in this country. Nicola Sturgeon doesn't **** about. It'll be stopped without a second thought. I'm livid with these clowns.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Are the clubs actually hammering home the message to players? Doidge and Horgan have suggested in the recent pre-match press conferences that they think the Aberdeen players were unlucky that they got caught and were treated harshly. It doesn’t seem to be getting taken seriously enough by players and clubs.

It will be typical if the season is suspended while we're flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    It will be typical if the season is suspended while we're flying.
    Oh don't say that or Nicola will have us in quarantine for 14 days 😁

I cannot for the life of me believe that he went to Spain for four days and neither Celtic nor any of his team mates were aware.

I’m just not buying that.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    I cannot for the life of me believe that he went to Spain for four days and neither Celtic nor any of his team mates were aware.

I am struggling with this as well - even allowing for days off after the Hamilton match, you would think the first team would be back training by midweek?

All a bit odd - and, unfortunately, this lack of clarity might give the Government even more ammunition.

To be honest, who would blame them if they called a halt right now?

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Celtic should be docked 40 pts and Rangers 40 pts as well just because they are rangers, lets add Aberdeen in as well "just in case"

That should help our season
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Are the clubs actually hammering home the message to players? Doidge and Horgan have suggested in the recent pre-match press conferences that they think the Aberdeen players were unlucky that they got caught and were treated harshly. It doesn’t seem to be getting taken seriously enough by players and clubs.
    F,n fitba players seem to think they are somehow above the law/rules, is that really true of Doidge and Horgan? If it is, what a couple of f,n idiots, unlucky to be caught, wtf???

Why are we even thinking of a 3 pt deduction,were no different from bars and restaurants really, just stop play simple. Spoilt ar5eholes only have themselves to blame.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Not punishing Aberdeen could be a bit of an own goal. Celtic (or Bolingoli at least) should be hammered for this. We are on the verge of the league being stopped. The players are going to let us all down.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    F,n fitba players seem to think they are somehow above the law/rules, is that really true of Doidge and Horgan? If it is, what a couple of f,n idiots, unlucky to be caught, wtf???

Why are we even thinking of a 3 pt deduction,were no different from bars and restaurants really, just stop play simple. Spoilt ar5eholes only have themselves to blame.
    Plenty people think they are above the rules, not just footballers.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Agree was surprised with Horgan comments how much he seemed to be sorry for them however probably just supporting fellow professionals.

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar

💯%
    aren’t they doing twice weekly tests ??
    where was he for training??
    punishment !
    I’m with some on here that think players and club
    should be hammered (if found guilty of being Deliberate)
    Or not giving a toot as is in this case
    I think player fined and club dropped points!!

just my thoughts

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Would he have played him against Killie if he'd taken 3/4 unsanctioned days off of training prior to the match? I think that's even less likely to be honest
    If he went to Lennon saying he had a family issue he possibly would have agreed to the time off however possibly the player didn't say he was travelling abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    I find it quite hard to believe that he would let them have 4 days off after 1 game into a season especially knowing how tough a place Killie can be
    No way on this earth imo Celtic first team squad would have been given 4 days off after one game especially with Champions league coming up. They did play like they did at Killie right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Not punishing Aberdeen could be a bit of an own goal. Celtic (or Bolingoli at least) should be hammered for this. We are on the verge of the league being stopped. The players are going to let us all down.
    Stupid decision , the 8 Aberdeen players should have got 10 match bans and Bolingoli should really get fired . Griffiths in the **** for having a big party too it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Can really see Sturgeon suspending the season now.
    Too severe. Player should be banned for 6 months. That should help bring this stupidity to an end, and help the clubs realise they have a role to play in controlling their players.

Failing that, end the season now, declare Hibs champions and deny Celtic their 10IAR. That would make the boy popular

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I’m not doubting the story. At this stage of the season, players are in at least 6 days a week, training recovery etc
    If he’d had an injury, would be in for treatment. I just wonder where he would get 4 days to go away somewhere?

Football is going to be shut down again and that will cause chaos with the fixture list. We might get away with this one but one more incident and I don't see any way the govt won't, quite rightly, make an example of football.

Ultimately though there is no one to blame but the players who thought they were above the rules set out. It's not stupidity, it's complete and utter selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’m not doubting the story. At this stage of the season, players are in at least 6 days a week, training recovery etc
    If he’d had an injury, would be in for treatment. I just wonder where he would get 4 days to go away somewhere?
    Must assume he was claiming illness or maybe a family issue to get the time off. Player then assuming went to Spain unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Football is going to be shut down again and that will cause chaos with the fixture list. We might get away with this one but one more incident and I don't see any way the govt won't, quite rightly, make an example of football.

Ultimately though there is no one to blame but the players who thought they were above the rules set out. It's not stupidity, it's complete and utter selfishness.

The Sun and the Daily Rangers will now be desperately scrabbling around to catch the next player out. And you can guarantee it won’t take long for them to find a picture or two of someone somewhere out in the pub.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I don’t think football will be stopped for this. It’s the individuals that need to be punished, not the whole of Scottish football.
    It's about more than just individuals though. The wider threat is to public health and the government would be correct to suspend the season if players/clubs are jeopardising attempts to keep Covid at bay.

I think this will be strike 2 of 3 regarding the SG.
    Not looking good considering we're only two games in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Not just the fixture list. If she shuts it down for just a week then Celtic lose their CL spot for the season. That’s a significant loss for them. Might focus minds.
    Personally don’t think they will stop football just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    It's about more than just individuals though. The wider threat is to public health and the government would be correct to suspend the season if players/clubs are jeopardising attempts to keep Covid at bay.
    People from all industries are breaking the rules, on a far, far worse scale than people from football are. Do the industries all those individuals work in get shut down?

As I posted earlier, is stopping football going to reduce public health risk? You’d basically have a bunch of people who are getting tested more than the general public then not getting tested. Had the Aberdeen players who tested positive not been football players they wouldn’t have known they had it and continued to spread it. Punish the players for their stupidity and breaking protocol.

@hibs.net private member

The Sun and the Daily Rangers will now be desperately scrabbling around to catch the next player out. And you can guarantee it won’t take long for them to find a picture or two of someone somewhere out in the pub.
    Is going to the pub that much of a big deal? I mean you and me can goto the pub why should that be different than a football player? It’s been unfortunate that these Aberdeen players where in an infected pub but that could happen to anyone of us anytime we decide to go out for a few pints, it’s a risk of having things open to the public.

Bolignoli has completley Disregarded Government rules, and you can’t tell me this was news to Celtic I’m not having that. Quarantine for Celtic and Kilmarnock is the only way to be sure now IMO and Celtic should be covering any costs for Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Is going to the pub that much of a big deal? I mean you and me can goto the pub why should that be different than a football player? It’s been unfortunate that these Aberdeen players where in an infected pub but that could happen to anyone of us anytime we decide to go out for a few pints, it’s a risk of having things open to the public.

Bolignoli has completley Disregarded Government rules, and you can’t tell me this was news to Celtic I’m not having that. Quarantine for Celtic and Kilmarnock is the only way to be sure now IMO and Celtic should be covering any costs for Killie.
    The Aberdeen players disregarded government rules on number of households.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Two games, two major incidents. The players as individuals should get absolutely hammered. I don’t think it’s really fair to punish the clubs, especially in this instance where a guy hasn’t told anyone what he’s doing.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    People from all industries are breaking the rules, on a far, far worse scale than people from football are. Do the industries all those individuals work in get shut down?

As I posted earlier, is stopping football going to reduce public health risk? You’d basically have a bunch of people who are getting tested more than the general public then not getting tested. Had the Aberdeen players who tested positive not been football players they wouldn’t have known they had it and continued to spread it. Punish the players for their stupidity and breaking protocol.
    People from other industries weren't given special dispensation to open up again over other people in the same industry - the full industry was deemed safe to open at the one time. With football, no-one outside the professional game and who is over the age of 18 is currently allowed to play organised football in Scotland.

The government gave special permission for professional football to return as the football authorities had given assurances that the relevant protocols were in place to allow a safe resumption. Those protocols have now been broken twice within one week of the game restarting.

It would not surprise me one bit if the season is brought to a halt.

@hibs.net private member
    Unfortunately, there are some who have taken the easing of lockdown as a return to normality. It is no surprise that some footballers have also. I wouldn't be surprised if more instances of players from other clubs breaking rules emerged.

It is incredible that boli has went to spain without celtic knowing. It is equally incredible that there have been no punishments set prior to this given how predictable the situation was.

I would fully understand the gov closing down scottish football but hope for the sake of our clubs that they just give a final warning.

An agreed and clear penalty should be set now e.g. a xx% of yearly wage fine and a 10 match ban for all players in breach of guidelines. You would hope this along with the knowledge that they would stop football altogether would be enough of a deterrent but you can never underestimate the stupidity of some people.