hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Boli Bolingoli

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on now, Celtic should be banned for the action of one player who acted without the club's permission?
    Celtic are responsible for the safety of their (other) staff, as well as having a direct impact on the safety of opposition players/staff.

Clubs need to do their bit as well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We need to start deducting points from teams or this will just keep happening. These idiots are going to get the game stopped again.

United we stand here....

Should be like the Aussies and start handing out the fines. Even the WAGs are under scrutiny

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...7b94c4d7585c42

I wonder if this was known to Celtic before the meeting that club officials had tonight concerning the Covid protocols? The article states he was pulled up for it in a meeting today, so I'd imagine it would have been spoken about during the zoom call.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    That will be up to Celtic and no doubt the players union Government cannot get involved in individual cases. Perhaps the SPFL will take action but again not sure how severe the punishment can be?
    If football gets stopped it will put clubs to the wall. **** Celtics £3m. It’s not an individual case if it gets the game done completely. Celtic and their 50,000 season ticket holders won’t suffer that though. Will they spare a thought for clubs going under? Highly doubtful.

I'd doubt football this season will be paused or suspended after this incident. Jason Leitch had the call late afternoon with Managers and Captains and I'm sure that should there be any further incidents then it's squeeky bum time.
    No idea why he was in Spain and how much time he was given off?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    We need to start deducting points from teams or this will just keep happening. These idiots are going to get the game stopped again.
    Problem is mate it would have to be voted through 11/1 to go ahead. I don’t think you can just start making up penalties. It’s up to the clubs to show a stance and so far Aberdeen done zero and Celtic will also.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    How was he able to disappear for 4 days before a game and still be eligible? What excuse had he given to Celtic?

Clearly the league needs punishments for this, if the threat of the virus alone isn’t enough to keep players in line. Given the reality that repeated breeches is going to lead to the league being suspended, there should be hefty bans for players breaking the protocols. Clubs should be forfeiting games if they can’t field squads because of their players being morons.
    I was wondering exactly the same thing as how does a 1st team squad player who wasn't injured as he played v Killie just "sneak off" to Spain.

Isnt there training to attend? Or tactics talks? or team meetings or do Celtic just give their players 4 days off whenever they fancy it.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Are football players really so stupid that they don’t know the rules? Or just so arrogant they think they’re above the law?

Supporters of all teams up and down the country have ploughed money in to their clubs over the shutdown in the midst of a financial crisis, if I was a Celtic fan I’d be even more fuming and wanting him sacked.

It really is only a matter of time before the government shut the league down, and who could blame them at this rate. Really shows how tinpot our league actually is given that almost every other league in Europe passed with less incidents than we’ve had in 2 weeks.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    To avoid linking to a Sun article, here's the Scottish Government response:

“The Scottish Government is aware of reports of a Celtic FC player having broken quarantine rules last week.

"We are currently in discussion with the club and football governing bodies to establish the facts.

“If confirmed as another serious incident within Scottish football, where protocols have been breached at the risk of wider public health, then the Scottish Government will have little choice but to consider whether a pause is now needed in the resumption of the game in Scotland.”

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    It’s about time clubs were being hammered by the SFA/SPFL for this. Points deductions etc. It’s clearly serious enough for the Government to consider stopping it which would be an absolute disaster.

Mind you, it seems to be a continuing theme that some football players think they can get away with doing whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    It’s about time clubs were being hammered by the SFA/SPFL for this. Points deductions etc. It’s clearly serious enough for the Government to consider stopping it which would be an absolute disaster.

Mind you, it seems to be a continuing theme that some football players think they can get away with doing whatever they want.
    Unfortunately it’s not just footballers though. I know of plenty people that have went on nights out in more than groups of 4 or go on holiday and not self isolated for the full 14 days, no one tracks them or knows they’re breaching it though unlike footballers.

Could this cost Celtic their champions league spot? If Scottish govt pause football then they are automatically out of Europe. As are the other Scottish teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic fans concerned they may not be allowed to play their CL fixture and therfore forfeit the game. That would be a p****r for them

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Unfortunately it’s not just footballers though. I know of plenty people that have went on nights out in more than groups of 4 or go on holiday and not self isolated for the full 14 days, no one tracks them or knows they’re breaching it though unlike footballers.
    Yep you’re right but there’s a lot more attention on footballers and they know that. They are also meant to following strict protocol put in place by the Government that allowed football to restart again.

There’s a lot more to lose for them not following rules and guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    To avoid linking to a Sun article, here's the Scottish Government response:

“The Scottish Government is aware of reports of a Celtic FC player having broken quarantine rules last week.

"We are currently in discussion with the club and football governing bodies to establish the facts.

“If confirmed as another serious incident within Scottish football, where protocols have been breached at the risk of wider public health, then the Scottish Government will have little choice but to consider whether a pause is now needed in the resumption of the game in Scotland.”

It'll get paused then. FFS

I don’t think football will be stopped for this. It’s the individuals that need to be punished, not the whole of Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    What was he thinking??

One thing for sure is this virus has shown up who the selfish folk in society are. Funnily enough the people you see moaning about the situation most on social media are usually the ones who have no regard for any of the rules.

@hibs.net private member
    Yep you’re right but there’s a lot more attention on footballers and they know that. They are also meant to following strict protocol put in place by the Government that allowed football to restart again.

Absolutely right. Football has enjoyed a privileged position over other industries but with strict protocols to follow. Less than two weeks in to the season and already nine players from two clubs have shown they are incapable of respecting their position and the fragility of the game.

The disrespect and disregarding shown by Bolingoli is just simply mind blowing. What frustrates me is that in the long run he will be absolutely fine, he’ll get another club and be on a good wage.

Some clubs will be struggling massively and the thought of another break or set back could be very costly or even be the end for some clubs. It puts even more jobs at risks too if the struggling clubs managed to stay afloat.

Never mind the fact Some more at risk people could be infected and become seriously unwell as a result of his travels.

I suppose the only plus side is that he has had 2 tests since returning and both have been negative.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Absolutely right. Football has enjoyed a privileged position over other industries but with strict protocols to follow. Less than two weeks in to the season and already nine players from two clubs have shown they are incapable of respecting their position and the fragility of the game.
    Correct. For me it’s the clubs who should start being punished for it. They won’t let the players away with it lightly if that was the case.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Problem is mate it would have to be voted through 11/1 to go ahead. I don’t think you can just start making up penalties. It’s up to the clubs to show a stance and so far Aberdeen done zero and Celtic will also.
    I don't actually think that would be hard to do. The SPFL could propose an emergency motion that if any player or coaching staff member at a club is caught breaching league or government rules then the club would be deducted 3 points or whatever. Who's going to vote against that and risk getting the whole game shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Not going to argue but banned by who ? Has he broken any football law? It will be interesting to see what Celtics punishment for him is. No doubt there is a limit to what they can do in terms of fine and no doubt it will be kept in house. Scottish Government fine is £450 rising to £1,000 if he continued to ignore quarantine.
    Ofcourse he has broken a football law, for the league to start up when it did, players and clubs were given very strict protocol the must adhere to. Do not only has he broken that footballing specific protocol, he’s also not followed the government’s quarantine rule

Do we think the Hibs game is at risk tomorrow? I know there are no fans in the ground to consider but we're only 19hrs or so away.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Do we think the Hibs game is at risk tomorrow? I know there are no fans in the ground to consider but we're only 19hrs or so away.
    It’s very much at risk.

Wouldn’t have thought so, if it was a game involving Celtic or Killie then maybe.

@hibs.net private member
    What a stupid selfish ****** and wtf Are the club playing at how can a player who is getting tested twice a week go on holiday without them knowing!!! What happens if football is paused/suspended and more folk lose jobs etc 😡😡😡😡 it’s ripping the p*ss out of every supporter across all teams 😡😡😡😡

How has he managed to have a week off from training to go to Spain without any of his teammates or club officials knowing?

No, IMO.

There is going to be a lot of strong words over this, and Celtic will need to hammer Bolingoli. But if they stop the game again, they’re basically choosing to put people out of work which I don’t think they’ll do.