hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Boli Bolingoli

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I would make any players that fall foul of the rules ineligible for the rearranged fixtures
    Last edited by Ringothedog; 12-08-2020 at 06:13 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what punishment would you like if he was our player that we had paid £3m for
    I think I would be talking to the agent asking him to recoup some of the cash 💰 and get rid ASAP.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolmontHibby View Post
    I would look in to whether breach of contract and damages possible, similar to Mutu/Chelsea case.

The big flaw of course is that while Mutu has failed to get the damages reverse in any court all the up to the European Court of Human Rights he doesnt appear to have paid anything to Chelsea.

sorry i'm not aware of that case, but if we had forked out £3m on a player i'm quite sure we would all(certainly most) settle for a two weeks fine

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I think I would be talking to the agent asking him to recoup some of the cash 💰 and get rid ASAP.
    fair do's, but i'm sure it would boil down to just how useful the player was for us

John mcginn = two weeks fine
    flo kamberi = try cash in

Selfish ******** whos put so many people at risk including his own friends and team mates mates because he clearly thought he was above the rules and was thinking of himself. I would not want to be him when Celtic got a hold of him thats for sure!

His team mates will quite rightly be furious because firstly and most importantly he has put their health and their loved ones health at risk and secondly, for the football side of things he has put Celtic at a big disadvantage early doors to Rangers. I reckon it wil be close this season between them but already Rangers could potentially be 8 points clear of them before Celtic are allowed to kick a ball again. Now obviously Celtic will have those games in hand to play but those games will have to be crammed in somewhere midweek id imagine which can be tiring but also playing catch up and being that far behind could psychologically be negative.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Selfish ******** whos put so many people at risk including his own friends and team mates mates because he clearly thought he was above the rules and was thinking of himself. I would not want to be him when Celtic got a hold of him thats for sure!

His team mates will quite rightly be furious because firstly and most importantly he has put their health and their loved ones health at risk and secondly, for the football side of things he has put Celtic at a big disadvantage early doors to Rangers. I reckon it wil be close this season between them but already Rangers could potentially be 8 points clear of them before Celtic are allowed to kick a ball again. Now obviously Celtic will have those games in hand to play but those games will have to be crammed in somewhere midweek id imagine which can be tiring but also playing catch up and being that far behind could psychologically be negative.
    Rangers will be 11 points clear of Celtic if they win their games bpefore Celtic play again. They play 3 times before Celtic at Tannadice.

Although Celtic will have 3 games in hand that's a massive phycological boost at this stage. To be honest if Rangers go 11 clear it'd be hard to see Celtic pulling that back. Bollongoli will not be a popular figure in Glasgow.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 13-08-2020 at 05:17 AM.

The player and Dons players should be massively fined and as one person mentioned on STV website, the fine money should be distributed evenly between lower league clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Rangers will be 11 points clear of Celtic if they win their games bpefore Celtic play again. They play 3 times before Celtic at Tannadice.

Although Celtic will have 3 games in hand that's a massive phycological boost at this stage. To be honest if Rangers go 11 clear it'd be hard to see Celtic pulling that back. Bollongoli will not be a popular figure in Glasgow.
    I think he’ll be popular with many people in Glasgow. 😜

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    The player and Dons players should be massively fined and as one person mentioned on STV website, the fine money should be distributed evenly between lower league clubs.
    As others have said not just Aberdeen players who were out. They were the ones who got caught. Boli and Aberdeen players have done us all a favour. Even the most stupid player is not likely to transgress now.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    As others have said not just Aberdeen players who were out. They were the ones who got caught. Boli and Aberdeen players have done us all a favour. Even the most stupid player is not likely to transgress now.
    People have said it, but is it true?

Some football players are so f,n dumb it is bound to happen again, wee bit like death, it is inevitable.

I wouldn't underestimate the stupidity and arrogance of a lot of professional players.

I agree it may be difficult for Celtic however the key game will be the first OF match should Rangers win that game it would be a massive boost for Rangers.

I'm not sure it would be hard to see Celtic pulling it back. They have 36 games still to play, the motivation of 10 in a row and still have 4 games v Rangers to play.

Rangers will drop points, not many but they will. I would still back Celtic even if they do go 11 points behind.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconhoof View Post
    People have said it, but is it true?
    Reported on the Aberdeen thread. Poster did not reveal their names to protect them.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    I wouldn't underestimate the stupidity and arrogance of a lot of professional players.
    We have had it then. Just a matter of time.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Reported on the Aberdeen thread. Poster did not reveal their names to protect them.
    You are desperate for it to be true and that the players are identified. Why?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post

it certainly seems to be coming over that way.

Testimonial Due
    It clearly is true from the report on the Aberdeen thread. Nowhere do I say I want their names revealed. The poster did the right thing by not naming them. I am sure the club have read the thread and given the squad a good talking to. Imagine if a Jambo had seen them and posted pictures on social media. It would be us that are in hot water and having only one game under our belt now. We have had a close shave. Hope the message has hit home after Aberdeen and Boli.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    It clearly is true from the report on the Aberdeen thread. Nowhere do I say I want their names revealed. The poster did the right thing by not naming them. I am sure the club have read the thread and given the squad a good talking to. Imagine if a Jambo had seen them and posted pictures on social media. It would be us that are in hot water and having only one game under our belt now. We have had a close shave. Hope the message has hit home after Aberdeen and Boli.
    From what I have read here and on P&B, both Hibs and St Johnstone also had players out on the same weekend.

I am not altogether surprised at this, but what happened with Aberdeen should be a bit of a wake up call to them. There is zero chance that the club and management do not know this happened, and I am positive that words will have been had.

Remember also that Ron G is over in the UK just now, so its also possible that he has reiterated the rules for the avoidance of any doubt.

I dont see any Hibs player doing a Bolingoli, but equally I wont be for hanging them if a small group (4 or less)are pictured out having a meal or something sensible.

Aberdeen is in local lockdown with tight restrictions,that's why the aberdeen 8 got hammered for being out surely?Edinburgh has less restrictions so more chance players will be out in public places within sensible reason no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Aberdeen is in local lockdown with tight restrictions,that's why the aberdeen 8 got hammered for being out surely?Edinburgh has less restrictions so more chance players will be out in public places within sensible reason no doubt.
    To be fair, the local lockdown wasnt in place at that time. It was that particular night that the first outbreak happened. They were under the same restrictions as therest of the country when they were out.

It's typical of the SPFL's adminstrative ineptitude that there seem to have been no proposals for new regulations to deal with various circumstances which could arise from Covid19. Players and clubs can't be retrospectively punished for something which wasn't against the rules at the time so I don't expect Aberdeen and Celtic to face any penalty.

The SPFL executive should be presenting proposals to the clubs for how to deal with future breaching of Covid regulations, and what will be done in the event that the season is interrupted or forced to a premature end. To date all they've done was put forward a proposal to allow the board to take decisions as and when a problem arose without a general vote and this was rejected by the clubs. The only excuse I can see for their inaction is that resources were diverted to a wholly unnecessary court case caused by two clubs being unwilling to accept the outcome of a democratic vote.

While Doncaster is technically the servant of the clubs, for the salary he's on I'd expect him to be taking the initiative and putting ideas forward for the clubs to consider. He's been here since 2009. I don't think he expected the job to last so long and that he'd have been long gone if there was anywhere else in the world he could bring in the same pay.

First Team Breakthrough
    The SPFL will have been in crisis management for months just trying to get the season up and running. I doubt if anyone could possibly have anticipated a player doing something as bat**** crazy as Bolingoli so, even if punishments had been put in place for other breaches, there would not have been a set penalty in place for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post

It wasn't during the local lockdown when they went out together. They actually broke a rule that already applied to the whole of Scotland at the time, which was the number of households allowed to meet as a group.

I think it's been frowned on a lot more because football has been given a lot of leeway to allow a re-start and I think there's a danger it will be made an example of, given it's high profile.

FWIW, I think what Bolingoli did was much more stupid than the Aberdeen players going out for a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    It wasn't during the local lockdown when they went out together. They actually broke a rule that already applied to the whole of Scotland at the time, which was the number of households allowed to meet as a group.

I think it's been frowned on a lot more because football has been given a lot of leeway to allow a re-start and I think there's a danger it will be made an example of, given it's high profile.

FWIW, I think what Bolingoli did was much more stupid than the Aberdeen players going out for a drink.
    I agree with all that except that what Bolingoli did was "stupid". It was much worse than that - it was deliberate, he knew exactly how wrong it was but thought he'd get away with it. But he got caught and the best he could say was that he apologised for his poor judgement (ie his judgement that he wouldn't get caught so he'd just do as he liked). He's finished at Celtic who will now be trying to offload him probably at a fire sale price. If his agent doesn't cooperate I suggest Celtic tell them they'll organise a free bar in the Springfield Vaults this Saturday and, after 3 hours, send Boli in as "guest of honour" and lock the doors.
    Last edited by Paisley Hibby; 13-08-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    From what I have read here and on P&B, both Hibs and St Johnstone also had players out on the same weekend.

I am not altogether surprised at this, but what happened with Aberdeen should be a bit of a wake up call to them. There is zero chance that the club and management do not know this happened, and I am positive that words will have been had.

Remember also that Ron G is over in the UK just now, so its also possible that he has reiterated the rules for the avoidance of any doubt.

I dont see any Hibs player doing a Bolingoli, but equally I wont be for hanging them if a small group (4 or less)are pictured out having a meal or something sensible.
    Up to 3 of them going out for a meal together would be entirely acceptable and within the rules.

More pish from you

@hibs.net private member
    I was very keen to call the bluff of this post and asked that the OP itemise which of the government guidelines they were convinced had been breached and to name names if it was true.
    Not sure that FilipinoHibee asked for names.
    My issue really was with people taking it as gospel that our players had breached the rules just because someone suggested so on here. It simply illustrates how little it takes to throw mud and hope it sticks. Internet facts eh?!!’

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    https://spfl.co.uk/news/joint-respon...n0HUNWAEsOZfVI

Future player sanctions to be revealed tomorrow.