hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Boli Bolingoli

Boli Bolingoli

So apparently he ducked off to Spain last week with the girlfriend and never told anyone, including celtic. He came back, never isolated/self quarantined and has been training with celtic. Was in their squad at weekend and think he even got on pitch at some point.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So apparently he ducked off to Spain last week with the girlfriend and never told anyone, including celtic. He came back, never isolated/self quarantined and has been training with celtic. Was in their squad at weekend and think he even got on pitch at some point.
    Should be banned for months.

This is unbelievably stupid. Worse than the Aberdeen 8. Celtic should sack him.

Genuinely astounding behaviour.

And we thought what the Aberdeen players did was bad

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Should be banned for months.
    Not going to argue but banned by who ? Has he broken any football law? It will be interesting to see what Celtics punishment for him is. No doubt there is a limit to what they can do in terms of fine and no doubt it will be kept in house. Scottish Government fine is £450 rising to £1,000 if he continued to ignore quarantine.

The quotes from the player and the club are completely damming and its mind boggling a Celtic player with all their high public profile though he could get away with it.

Scottish football could be closed down imminently as the charge street just builds and builds as that's now two major teams where the internal procedures may have failed and the players were just living on a different planet.

Based on a previous precedent there would a strong case for just calling the league now as it stands.��
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 10-08-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Genuinely astounding behaviour.

And we thought what the Aberdeen players did was bad
    Just goes to show how many self important pricks there are around who don't believe these rules apply to them at the moment. This guy is in the public eye and deserves to have the book thrown at him.

@hibs.net private member
    Incredible. Just how selfish and arrogant does it get for this overpaid privileged idiot and how many others are there? The Aberdeen players was one thing, this is a whole different level.
    I cannot see Scottish football being allowed to continue in these circumstances, not without some strong action being taken. For me Aberdeen and now Celtic have to receive meaningful punishment.
    Personally I would suspend Celtic’s licence for the season and hope the government don’t take the nuclear option of shutting the whole thing down again.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Incredible. Just how selfish and arrogant does it get for this overpaid privileged idiot and how many others are there? The Aberdeen players was one thing, this is a whole different level.
    I cannot see Scottish football being allowed to continue in these circumstances, not without some strong action being taken. For me Aberdeen and now Celtic have to receive meaningful punishment.
    Personally I would suspend Celtic’s licence for the season and hope the government don’t take the nuclear option of shutting the whole thing down again.
    Way over the top reaction the player was wrong not Celtic football club. Action must be taken against the player.

Hope not. Just end it now for me!! Too dangerous to carry on! PPG should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Way over the top reaction the player was wrong not Celtic football club. Action must be taken against the player.
    Much though I loathe Celtc (almost as much as I loathe any incarnation of Rangers, who I loathe almost as much as I do Celtc), I agree that Celtc can't be punished as they have done nothing wrong in this case.

Bolingoli needs to be fined and suspended.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Can really see Sturgeon suspending the season now.

Come on now, Celtic should be banned for the action of one player who acted without the club's permission?

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t think the Scottish government will see it that way, it’s the sport of football that is repeatedly showing it collectively cannot behave responsibly.

Over twenty million people are confirmed to have or have had this virus and at least three quarters of a million people are confirmed to have died as a result. I am not sure how far over the top one has to go with this.

I think that should be him done at Celtic. Certainly wouldn't blame them.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    That's it. Season will be suspended.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    E
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Where has this story come from ? He could only have gone for a couple of days from last weeks game to training with the squad .

First Team Breakthrough
    Any more of of these rules getting broken and the SG will pull the plug, precedent made with Aberdeen.

I don’t think the Scottish government will see it that way, it’s the sport of football that is repeatedly showing it collectively cannot behave responsibly.

Over twenty million people are confirmed to have or have had this virus and at least three quarters of a million people are confirmed to have died as a result. I am not sure how far over the top one has to go with this.
    Are you suggesting the Scottish Government punish the player and or Celtic? Yes they could suspend football but they will not get involved in any punishment for the player or club. What authority would they have other than to fine him for breaking quarantine?

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I think that should be him done at Celtic. Certainly wouldn't blame them.
    They're not going to write off £3m they spent on him

Left by mutual consent!
    Are you suggesting the Scottish Government punish the player and or Celtic? Yes they could suspend football but they will not get involved in any punishment for the player or club. What authority would they have other than to fine him for breaking quarantine?
    If Celtic don’t sack him they should be done.

This is going to end up crippling clubs and costing millions being shut down again.

@hibs.net private member
    Do these people not know or simply not care about the threat their actions pose to lives and livelihoods. Notwithstanding the obvious threat posed to the broader community, by Ignoring the rules, if Scottish football is closed down there will be clubs that go to the wall, perhaps our own club.
    What are these arrogant people thinking?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    It’s going to cost all other clubs a lot more than that when we shut down again, and it’s coming.

@hibs.net private member
    I am suggesting the league take action and try to prevent action by government. My own fear is that the government will not give it that long and simply pull the plug on public safety grounds.

I didn't say they'll write him off, but selling him at a loss isn't out of question. The Celtic fans are fuming and I can't imagine his team mates or his manager are best pleased. Seems an untenable position right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    If Celtic don’t sack him they should be done.

This is going to end up crippling clubs and costing millions being shut down again.
    That will be up to Celtic and no doubt the players union Government cannot get involved in individual cases. Perhaps the SPFL will take action but again not sure how severe the punishment can be?

I don’t think that money is coming back to them anyway, he’s crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Not going to argue but banned by who ? Has he broken any football law? It will be interesting to see what Celtics punishment for him is. No doubt there is a limit to what they can do in terms of fine and no doubt it will be kept in house. Scottish Government fine is £450 rising to £1,000 if he continued to ignore quarantine.

Bringing the game into disrepute?

How was he able to disappear for 4 days before a game and still be eligible? What excuse had he given to Celtic?

Clearly the league needs punishments for this, if the threat of the virus alone isn’t enough to keep players in line. Given the reality that repeated breeches is going to lead to the league being suspended, there should be hefty bans for players breaking the protocols. Clubs should be forfeiting games if they can’t field squads because of their players being morons.

@hibs.net private member
    Okay, beginning to calm down. I have a better solution...

Call the league now 👍🏻