hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Spot on with the comments about the ref. Gave Livingston a very soft penalty and booked Porteous but never booked Bartley for the Hibs penalty. Bartley was lucky to be on the pitch after his challenge on Hanlon.

Rocky was safe and solid but a few of his kick outs were poor. Overall a great win and performance

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Great report Johnny,thank you,really appreciated it m8.

Left by mutual consent!
    Great read as always, agree especially on the point about Marciano's distribution, I commented on it against Killie last weekend too, it really does seem to be improving a lot

@hibs.net private member
    As ever, a great piece of writing.

I’m glad you picked up on Richard Gordon’s sniffy attitude to Doidge. He, along with Preston have taken that attitude from day one of last season. Perhaps they are unaware of his stats.

I listened to Sportsound yesterday from the start. It took them until 1459 hrs to mention Hibs, so busy they were obsessing over Aberdeen’s debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As ever, a great piece of writing.

I’m glad you picked up on Richard Gordon’s sniffy attitude to Doidge. He, along with Preston have taken that attitude from day one of last season. Perhaps they are unaware of his stats.

I listened to Sportsound yesterday from the start. It took them until 1459 hrs to mention Hibs, so busy they were obsessing over Aberdeen’s debacle.
    Dick Gordon is just that!

Have little or no time for anything he has to say. I don’t understand his gripe at a striker scoring goals?? A goal is a goal. I’d be really concerned if Doidge wasn’t getting into these positions.

BBC Sportsound = Clownsound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Currie Hibee View Post
    Two points about yesterday’s game. Doig really impressed me again. He really adds something with his driving runs forward on the ball. He was instrumental in the 2nd goal when he ran forward sucked players in and slipped it to Horgan.

Secondly it was also good that we showed we are not 100% reliant on Boyle. Whilst he had a quieter game others really stepped up.

Great performance all round.
    An added bonus is that Doig can take a long throw which gives us an extra threat in attack.

Still think the worst refereeing decision was seconds before Doidges goal. How on earth is that not a penalty on Porteous? The guy isn't even looking at the ball, he just mauls Ryan to the ground.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Still think the worst refereeing decision was seconds before Doidges goal. How on earth is that not a penalty on Porteous? The guy isn't even looking at the ball, he just mauls Ryan to the ground.
    Ref probably playing advantage

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Ref probably playing advantage
    For a foul in the box? Don't think so. I've never seen or heard of that happening. He didn't signal either.

For a foul in the box? Don't think so. I've never seen or heard of that happening. He didn't signal either.
    Maybe the Ref missed it then

Who cares ?

We scored

Maybe the Ref missed it then

Who cares ?

We scored
    I'm just pointing it out. It didn't matter because we scored. Last weeks one didn't matter because we still won. They are going to start mattering soon. 2 clear pens not given in 2 games. Refereeing standard is dreadful.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Got to agree with that and I think Paul Hanlon was fouled in the box as well , maybe the ref was deciding if either of them was a pen but we scored anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    Got to agree with that and I think Paul Hanlon was fouled in the box as well , maybe the ref was deciding if either of them was a pen but we scored anyway.
    Exactly if he pulls it back and we miss the pen?

Advantage was the way to go

Exactly if he pulls it back and we miss the pen?

Advantage was the way to go
    He didn't give advantage, though. He didn't signal. The goal was scored a good couple of seconds after the foul. Porteous managed to get back up and shoot.

He just didn't give the pen, thats it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    He didn't give advantage, though. He didn't signal. The goal was scored a good couple of seconds after the foul. Porteous managed to get back up and shoot.

Agree clearly didn't give it which is surprising how keen he was to give their one.

The only thing that matters to me and everyone else is that passage of play ended in a HIBS goal regardless of what happened seconds before

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

I thought we had TWO shouts for a penalty before we scored , The ref defo never played advantage , He was yards away from both incidents , Refereeing is brutal

First Team Breakthrough
    Great report as always John.
    Thought the penalty was harsh on Porteous and he could have had one of his own in the incident leading to Doidge’s goal - but instead of complaining he had been wrestled to the ground, he got up and showed good determination to help set it up.

Agree with you about Horgan too - he’s too often anonymous but not against Livvy yesterday. Showed a great willingness to track back and two good assists.

Doig looking promising and while all the plaudits go to Nisbet, deservedly so, I thought Doidge’s workrate was unbelievable.
    Great to see so many players getting way beyond pass marks.

GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post

I thought we had TWO shouts for a penalty before we scored , The ref defo never played advantage , He was yards away from both incidents , Refereeing is brutal
    Agreed 100% & Billy, much though I usually agree your thoughts, it does matter that the ref ignored the penalty. What happens after a wrong decision doesn't excuse the wrong decision.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Agreed 100% & Billy, much though I usually agree your thoughts, it does matter that the ref ignored the penalty. What happens after a wrong decision doesn't excuse the wrong decision.
    Yes refereeing was brutal but by hook or by crook it ended in the right result which is my point

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    When you see our 3rd from behind the goal, the foul against our player was more of a foul than the one we conceded!
    That and the failure to give Bartley a second yellow for the foul on Hallberg and by all accounts a straight red for Hanlon challenge!

Fantastic win at a very difficult place to go.

Took is 20 minutes or so to really get going and if fans were there we might have heard a couple of moans coming from the fans. Hanlon barged off the ball by the striker who flashed it across our goal then McGinn heading it out for a corner with no real pressure springs to mind.

After that though we were brilliant and really controlled the game. That’s 2 games in a row now that we have looked really solid and I have felt that even whilst the opposition may have the ball or putting in crosses, we are more than capable of defending it.

Gogic and a Porteous make a massive difference, both are absolute warriors who wins anything that comes near them and genuinely appear to love that side of the game. McGinn and Hanlon were also brilliant and solid throughout. Doig a lot better than last week, still think he’s holding back a bit and not as confident as he should be but that will come.

The midfield for me was very pleasing as even with 4 in it, we rarely had gaps between the players and we played with real intent everytime we got it. Newell really gets around the pitch well and the balance is a lot better than previous seasons.

Doidge and Nisbet were brilliant and they really worked the whole Livi defence all game.

I feel like this season it won’t be the most amazing, scintillating football we have ever seen every week however when we go forward it will quick, direct and clinical . Defensively we will give nothing away

I really like what Jack Ross is doing and 10/10 for his navy t shirt and chino combination .

Firstly, thank you for all the kind comments - they mean a lot to me

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    I find myself quite disconcerted by the change in the date format in the thread title.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Great report as usual John. Rocky's kicking was awful a couple of times.Thought the date was a dodgy phone line scam too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    re the dodgy phone line. I'll revert back to the former method on Tuesday

Brilliant read as usual Jonnyboy

Well done

Rocky still gives me the fear but in fairness he did ok

Horgan’s best game in a HIBS shirt must surely still be his double at Tiny ?

Doidge has the happy knack of being in the right place at the right time and can continue to blast in rocket shots from 2 mm out and score off his bahookey as long as they go in - regardless of what some Aberdeen supporting journo might think

As expected Nisbet is looking like the ‘ real deal’ long may it continue

Already looking forward to your match report on Tuesday

Keep up the good work
    Fair point and agreed too by Iggy. I felt Daryl's goals at Tiny were both fantastic but in terms of overall performance I think yesterday's just topped that. I'm away to put my tin hat on now
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Firstly, thank you for all the kind comments - they mean a lot to me

re the dodgy phone line. I'll revert back to the former method on Tuesday

Fair point and agreed too by Iggy. I felt Daryl's goals at Tiny were both fantastic but in terms of overall performance I think yesterday's just topped that. I'm away to put my tin hat on now
    Unfortunately I did not attend either game and not easy to form an opinion without actually witnessing it in the flesh so to speak but difficult to get away from celebrating in the Cask and Barrel as Daryl hammers his second goal into the Jambo pokey knee sliding in front of the joyous Hibee hoard in the School End ( screensaver on my phone) as fellow Jambo drinkers in the pub make their excuses to leave

I of course respect your opinion
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 09-08-2020 at 09:32 PM.