hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Doidge & Nisbet, Horgan & Boyle, Newell & Gogic and McGinn & Doig

Great pairings in the right place.

Doidge and Nisbet look dangerous. Having Doidge up front last season gave opposing defenders a headache as he always seemed to find a half yard of space or to get in positions where he can be fortunate with half chances, but with Nisbet who also has great positional awareness, strength and finishing ability to also cope with is going to be prolific. If we have spent less than half a million for them combined then that is an absolute steal.

Horgan & Boyle - Boyle didn't have a great game today but having another player out wide who can capitalise if the other has an off game is so vital. MOTM for Horgan for me.

Newell & Gogic were brilliant. Hard working, dominated the midfield, didn't give it away cheaply with self-ego-massaging and did everything for the good of the team. Calm and collected in possession, hard working off the ball and able to break play up.

McGinn & Doig again, non stop running, always looking for the overlap and solid 7/10 players.

Porteous & Hanlon - Porto is still getting back up to speed I think, but shout out for PH for another excellent performance.

For it being so early in the season, there are little partnerships all over the pitch that look really, really promising.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yeah the team was really well balanced today and these kind of partnerships are important in cultivating that.

McGinn and Doig weren't highlighted too often on the match thread but I completely agree that they deserved at least a 7.

Full back is an area we've struggled with since Gray and Stevenson have gotten that bit older, but that was the most assured we've looked out there in ages IMO. Really pleased for young Doig.

Tell you what though, if the Doidge and Nisbet partnership ends up being as prolific as I think it could be, how long has it been since we had a striking partnership up front that has been two sensible young lads with their heads screwed on, rather than Griffiths giving the fans the GIRUY every other week, Deeks and Gaz in general, Jase in the papers for McMuffingate and the like?

It's just not the Hibs way to have two sensible, prolific strikers. I suggest that Doidge should buy a Porsche and reverse it down the motorway at 70mph and Nisbet should flood the local bingo hall with cement or something just to make it feel right.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    flood the local bingo hall with cement.

Is this an actual thing that the kids do? Or is it from personal experience, I’m really hoping it is

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

Is this an actual thing that the kids do? Or is it from personal experience, I’m really hoping it is
    Stuck to the floor, twenty-four.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Stuck to the floor, twenty-four.

Aggregate, Eighty eight.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Aggregate, Eighty eight.
    Naw naw, that's no right. Two fat ladies eighty eight. Probably Hearts fans idea of dolly birds right enough......

Gogic was different class. A good team needs someone like him. He did his job very very well. Him and Nisbet the 2 best signings this season.