hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hibs TV?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    10.5k?

Hardly.

Not all ST holders are interested in audio coverage.............tbf I am barely interested in Hibs TV at all unless there is an away match and I am watching on IPTV.

I agree that it needs to be sorted - and KP said it would happen next week - but its not the end of the world when you can get some sort of coverage on Radio Scotland.
    I don't use the BBC and you need to login to their website for some of the games. I am glad you are barely interested in Hibs TV cos you can't see it atm so it doesn't effect you, but some of us are and we are told categorically that access to Hibs TV would be available for ALL ST holders. Hibs are now saying that you can't have that, but don't worry, it's not Hibs fault (it never is btw) it's down to the new streaming partner. It s bloody joke, if they weren't going to give us access in time for the new season they shouldn't have published that we were.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    I don't use the BBC and you need to login to their website for some of the games. I am glad you are barely interested in Hibs TV cos you can't see it atm so it doesn't effect you, but some of us are and we are told categorically that access to Hibs TV would be available for ALL ST holders. Hibs are now saying that you can't have that, but don't worry, it's not Hibs fault (it never is btw) it's down to the new streaming partner. It s bloody joke, if they weren't going to give us access in time for the new season they shouldn't have published that we were.
    What would you have been doing in a normal season if you couldnt get to see an away match live?

I take the point that its a problem, but not one that I see as particularly insurmountable as there is radio coverage elsewhere.

You can be unhappy with something and find a solution - being furious about it is also a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    What would you have been doing in a normal season if you couldnt get to see an away match live?

I take the point that its a problem, but not one that I see as particularly insurmountable as there is radio coverage elsewhere.

You can be unhappy with something and find a solution - being furious about it is also a choice.
    I am an AST holder, I usually go to all games.
    Hibs have confirmed that ST holders, despite Hibs promise, will not have access to live commentary today.

A link to any radio coverage that doesn't need a BBC login would be appreciated if anyone can post one. When I try and click on radio links on their website it asks me to login first

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Hibs have confirmed that ST holders, despite Hibs promise, will not have access to live commentary today.

A link to any radio coverage that doesn't need a BBC login would be appreciated if anyone can post one. When I try and click on radio links on their website it asks me to login first
    Takes 2 seconds to register
    Also probably available on the BBC sounds app too, if you have that
    Do you live in the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Takes 2 seconds to register
    Also probably available on the BBC sounds app too, if you have that
    Do you live in the U.K.
    Thanks Billy. Yeah but I won’t give my details to the bbc. That is my choice but it puts me in a bad position today. I’ve managed to arrange a visit to a mates who’s bought the ppv, he’s happy as I’ll now pay half the cost of it. I’m annoyed because I had a nice day planned in the house, some good food in the fridge and I had a few jobs I was going to potter about on while listening.

I agree with your general point and the part about it being down to a 3rd party isn't really relevant as you're Hibs' customer not the customer of whoever the 3rd party is and it's up to Hibs to get it sorted.

However I don't think it's too much of a big deal to be honest. It's apparently going to be imminent and you do have the option of watching the game which, if there's 3 or 4 of you then it works out at around £5 each.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    KP, is the audio maybe on Hibspass
    When you log on, go to the game, says audio for U.K. viewers, although the screen disappears quickly

I was defending Hibs (and Stream Digital) to the hilt last week about the streaming access but it’s a ****ing shambles that 1. STHs don’t have access to the promised Hibs TV audio commentary for today’s match and 2. there has been absolute hee-haw communication from the club about it.

Absolute shambles. This isn’t technical issues or glitches. This is just a failure to live up to their end of the bargain.

Edit: I see the suggestions that the audio commentary might be on HibsPass. If that’s the case, some comms from the club wouldn’t go amiss. I don’t see anything there though that would suggest that it’s likely to happen.
    Last edited by Beefster; 08-08-2020 at 10:58 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Do International viewers get any build up to the game or is it just on at 3 for kick off?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I was defending Hibs (and Stream Digital) to the hilt last week about the streaming access but it’s a ****ing shambles that 1. STHs don’t have access to the promised Hibs TV audio commentary for today’s match and 2. there has been absolute hee-haw communication from the club about it.

Absolute shambles. This isn’t technical issues or glitches. This is just a failure to live up to their end of the bargain.

Edit: I see the suggestions that the audio commentary might be on HibsPass. If that’s the case, some comms from the club wouldn’t go amiss. I don’t see anything there though that would suggest that it’s likely to happen.
    It’s poor. Whenever Hibs say they’ll have something soon or by the end of the week, then prepare for a long wait. Broken promise this one.

When you log on, go to the game, says audio for U.K. viewers, although the screen disappears quickly
    Hibs confirmed on Twitter that there is no access to commentary unless you are a Hibs TV subscriber. ST holders don't get access via Hibs Pass.

I wonder if we will have access for Tuesday game at Tannadice? Given KP said they are looking at access for next week, please don't assume you will get it for Tuesday night, it will probably be next Sunday, or the following week, or at least by winter, maybe late autumn

Hibs confirmed on Twitter that there is no access to commentary unless you are a Hibs TV subscriber. ST holders don't get access via Hibs Pass.
    You should have replied to them saying that as a current season ticket holder you're automatically a subscriber to Hibs TV.

Under promise. Over deliver.

While it's not the end of the world not having the audio for (hopefully only) one game, it's the lack of communication around it that is the most disappointing.

If it has been put out on Twitter that we won't get audio then that's at least something, but many people don't use Twitter. An email updating on the current position wouldn't go amiss. There's no point giving parts of the information across different platforms.

Any links for audio?

I know the bbc covering Motherwell game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Do International viewers get any build up to the game or is it just on at 3 for kick off?
    6 minutes to kick off and I've got nothing

@hibs.net private member
    I'm only getting the Verizon Will be back shortly screen. Anybody else seeing anything different?

Promising Youngster Bahrain Hibee's Avatar

No picture

Just getting the version digital media services screen saying we will be back shortly here in Melbourne. Anyone got access yet?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    I'm only getting the Verizon Will be back shortly screen. Anybody else seeing anything different?
    Nope

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahrain Hibee View Post
    Just getting the version digital media services screen saying we will be back shortly here in Melbourne. Anyone got access yet?
    Nope

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

I'm listening to the BBC sportsound and I did not have to login. I'm not sure why you think you need to.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Aye same here, the verizon message that usually appears when everything is going wrong, so not looking great.

I had to ask the question Billy as I didnae ken (Oscar is right) - Just home games for Hibs Pass only. Club and Stream Digital are working on getting season ticket holders full access to new platform Hibs TV sits on, which will include audio coverage for away games.

First Team Breakthrough
    Same here in Canada...i min to go and only getting the Verizon.."be there soon" message?

Hibs International- Verizon “we will be back shortly” - game kicked off a minute ago

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Nope
    Poor show if hibs tv ain’t deliveringFor those abroad

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Anyone getting Hibs TV ?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Nothing coming through for me.

Just that holding screen

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I usually wouldnt be too bothered but the price as almost doubled in the last year, so I feel like they need to communicate problems way better.