hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HSL - Man of the Match

Man of the Match Trial

Yesterday we were delighted to tell our Members about yet another new initiative for all our Members, and those on a journey to Membership. They asked us for more ideas and initiatives so we are delighted to respond.
    We want to bring this initiative to the attention of all supporters and hopefully encourage those who have not yet joined Hibernian Supporters to jump aboard now. This is only one of many that we plan to introduce over the coming weeks and months.
    Clearly the idea of a ‘Man of the Match’ is nothing new but where we think we can be different is that this accolade will be decided by – Hibernian Supporters. Most other awards are decided by only one or two individuals. Just how often have you found yourself making polite enquiry as to whether that person choosing the winner had actually attended or indeed watched the same game as you.
    So we are pleased to confirm that from today’s game against Livingston , Members and those on a journey to Membership will be able to nominate who they believe was the best Hibs player on the park.

Why do this ?
    First of all it’s a piece of fun, and we all know how much we all like to express our opinion.
    For today’s match, contributors will have the opportunity to win a minimum of £250. Depending on numbers this figure could be significantly higher.

It gives us, the supporters, the opportunity to give players an accolade which hopefully will be much coveted by them.

If this trial proves positive the results could be extended to help us identify a Hibernian Supporters Player of the Year.

How much will this cost ?
    In todays vote, contributors who vote will at the same time be making a donation to Hibernian Supporters of £1. For today’s match 100% of the donations will be paid to the winner. The trial period will give us the opportunity to revise this should Member feedback suggest so.

Will there be a prize ?
    Like most other initiatives we think that most supporters would like to see a prize winner, probably in the form of cash. The winner will be selected at random from that pool of voters who voted correctly for the Man of the Match.
    Again, this has potential to be developed further and if positively received we could have a Supporter of the Year. i.e. the supporter with most successful nominations of the Man of the Match over the Season

So, if you want to engage with this and many other future initiatives you can join the other thousands of Hibernian Supporters at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters
    Last edited by OfficialHSL; 08-08-2020 at 07:32 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Giving this very little time to get the message out with an email late on Friday and a post this morning.

Its very simple Dave. A lot of folk will see it on here and have the email. Another good initiative from the guys 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its very simple Dave. A lot of folk will see it on here and have the email. Another good initiative from the guys 😂
    It might well be simple but what do we do? All I can see is a link to the website?

Presume we have to logon and there will be a poll / donation page? Is there a cut off time for nominations?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    It might well be simple but what do we do? All I can see is a link to the website?

Presume we have to logon and there will be a poll / donation page? Is there a cut off time for nominations?
    There will be a link on the My Account page live from 5pm - 9pm. There’s nothing visible at the moment but it will be clicked live from 5pm.

We are running this weekend as a trial to try and get a fans’ man of the match rather than the player being chosen who the sponsor likes the most.

By voting you’ll automatically be generating a £1 donation. The idea has been backed by a generous member who is going to make up any shortfall to £250 so that is the minimum prize pot for one winner who makes a vote.

If it proves successful the prize pot will be the amount donated in future weeks.

If we can run it every week from now on we’ll then have a solid basis to award a ‘Hibernian Supporters Player of the Year’ based on the votes.

Dave
    We couldn’t really promote this earlier as we had to allow the 3rd Strip initiative to a conclusion.
    We took the decision to push ahead, even at short notice as we didn’t want any more of the Season to pass by. This is only a trial do we know it will take the numbers to build up.
    Later today when you log in you will see the heading ‘Man of the Natch’
    Just select your choice and this will register your vote and initiate a donation of £1.
    Hopefully you will find it straightforward. Voting is open from 5pm until 9pm

Hibernian Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    There will be a link on the My Account page live from 5pm - 9pm. There’s nothing visible at the moment but it will be clicked live from 5pm.

We are running this weekend as a trial to try and get a fans’ man of the match rather than the player being chosen who the sponsor likes the most.

By voting you’ll automatically be generating a £1 donation. The idea has been backed by a generous member who is going to make up any shortfall to £250 so that is the minimum prize pot for one winner who makes a vote.

If it proves successful the prize pot will be the amount donated in future weeks.

If we can run it every week from now on we’ll then have a solid basis to award a ‘Hibernian Supporters Player of the Year’ based on the votes.
    Ok, thanks.

Small point but all the above should have been included in the original comms rather than having supporters try and squeeze it out of someone.

Ok, thanks.

Small point but all the above should have been included in the original comms rather than having supporters try and squeeze it out of someone.
    Thanks Dave. In fairness it’s included in the email which went out last night, although not all are included in the OP.

Ok, thanks.

Dave
    It is in the email that we sent to our Members last night.

Hibernian Supporters

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I thought they’d announced the man of the match already when I opened this thread, after it being awarded on 74 minutes last week 😀

Thanks Dave. In fairness it’s included in the email which went out last night, although not all are included in the OP.
    Apologies, it is indeed. I didnt have my glasses and the text was too small to read 😂

Apologies, it is indeed. I didnt have my glasses and the text was too small to read 😂
    The modern way is that text has to be small and blurred to the naked eye.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

The email told you what to do and the new feature will only be there from 5. I see Daniel has already covered it though.

Dave

No problem.

As well as achieving the obvious ( selecting a MOTM ) this is a great opportunity to win a great prize of £250. So hopefully you will express your opinion by voting after the match and please do encourage as many other Members as possible. We do take stick from time to time regarding lack of initiatives etc so we really hope that Members will respond positively to this initiative.

Hibernian Supporters

I'm not trying to be a smart arse, but what makes it a donation? Does that £1 not just go into the prize pot?

Bump

Can we provide a reminder to any members/contributors looking in that the Man of the Match voting is now open. Today’s minimum prize is £250 and it’s only £1 to have your name in the hat.

Hibernian Supporters

First Team Breakthrough my left peg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Can we provide a reminder to any members/contributors looking in that the Man of the Match voting is now open. Today’s minimum prize is £250 and it’s only £1 to have your name in the hat.

Hibernian Supporters
    Tried to ,but it came up as an error in donation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough my left peg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by my left peg View Post

Oops I remember now....go careless sends me an email to approve donation....done now!

Man of the match vote is now live and working (we think).

You can vote as many times as you like at £1 per time, but any votes after your first will only give you another entry in the cash prize draw and your player vote will only count once.

Quote Originally Posted by my left peg View Post

Things appear to be working very well with only a couple of issues being flagged up.

If your Direct Debit mandate is inactive you will receive an error message. Please let us know and we can send you a link to reinstate your authority. Go Cardless may also ( for security reasons ) seek your express authority and will send you an email.

We have so far only had a couple of such cases reported.

Everything else is working fine. Get voting and lets see who supporters thought was Man of the Match.

Hibernian Supporters

Done.

Nice and easy - when you have your on

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Not sure if my couple went through - they aren't listed in the Payment History. I got no error, just a message saying it may take some time for the payment to appear in the history but that is about 1 hour ago now. I haven't received any emails from GoCardless unless I've blocked them but don't think so...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Voted no bother, don’t think it’ll be a contentious winner this week!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Not sure if my couple went through - they aren't listed in the Payment History. I got no error, just a message saying it may take some time for the payment to appear in the history but that is about 1 hour ago now. I haven't received any emails from GoCardless unless I've blocked them but don't think so...
    Please email us.

Everything is running smoothly more or less. We think that Go Cardless are generating the odd random security check probably because of the amount (£1) and they send you an automatic email to check you have authorised this. It's a good safety measure. All votes are being accurately recorded.

We will tweet the result just after 9pm.

Hibernian Supporters

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Voted no bother, don’t think it’ll be a contentious winner this week!
    I disagree, there are four or five players that deserve to be in contention. Nisbet, Horgan, Doidge, Newell and perhaps even someone like Gogic or Hanlon deserve to be in contention too, as all were near flawless in performance.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I disagree, there are four or five players that deserve to be in contention. Nisbet, Horgan, Doidge, Newell and perhaps even someone like Gogic or Hanlon deserve to be in contention too, as all were near flawless in performance.
    There is an obvious choice purely based on the feat achieved. But I agree there were probably more worthwhile contenders based on performance today. Some excellent displays. Will be interesting to see the final score.

I didn’t vote for the obvious winner, think there will be a few in the same boat as me...

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Please email us.

Everything is running smoothly more or less. We think that Go Cardless are generating the odd random security check probably because of the amount (£1) and they send you an automatic email to check you have authorised this. It's a good safety measure. All votes are being accurately recorded.

We will tweet the result just after 9pm.

Hibernian Supporters
    We are delighted to confirm that Kevin Nisbet was voted as today’s Man of the Match.
    We await to hear from the winner who has been emailed this evening. Sure it will be a lovely surprise to hear they have won. £250.

Hibernian Supporters

ive no got the email yet