hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyle

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar

Boyle

Are we going to lose Martin Boyle. He is in his prime and his last year of his contract. Why is there nothing from Hibs or Martin that talks are happening. It would be a crime to let him run down his contract and walk for free. Anybody heard anything on this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Certainty that we have tried to get him to sign but you can’t make him do that. Don’t think there is anything for anyone to say.

If Boyle helps us qualify for Europe and win one of the four competitions we’re in, then I would rather that than lose him for half a million quid or something.

@hibs.net private member
    Given his importance to us at the moment, I'd say it would be more of a crime to sell him for peanuts. I'd much rather we kept him for the season. If his heart is set on a move to England or pick up a bigger wage at Celtic then he's not going to sign another deal. We got him for little or nothing and have had brilliant service from him. I'd bear him no ill will if he wanted to move on, we've had our money's worth from Boyler.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we going to lose Martin Boyle. He is in his prime and his last year of his contract. Why is there nothing from Hibs or Martin that talks are happening. It would be a crime to let him run down his contract and walk for free. Anybody heard anything on this at all.

There isn’t much incentive for Boyle to sign a new deal. He’s likely to go to the Copa America in the summer and be in the shop window.

Hibs will have done their best to get him to extend but if it’s not happening, we’re not exactly gonna announce it.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Have we extended any players contract during lockdown?

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    He’s away then

Take Boyle out the team and I'd suggest we'll lose a good 12-15 points over the course of a season. Possibly an earlier knockout in a cup round. No coincidence we had an upturn in form when he returned from injury last season. I'd rather keep him and enjoy him while we can rather than sell him for a paltry sum in Janaury...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If I was him I would do my best for the club that rescued me from not getting a game at Dundee, developing him into the player he is. Wave cheerio as you get the big money move that you deserve.

Left by mutual consent!
    We need to offer him a big contract then publicly announce we have. That keeps the support on side. He knocks it back then no hard feelings I suppose but the club need to show the support we’ve tried everything.

He’s away then

Whatever happens we have to keep him till January for Scottish cup glory.

You would have to think yes if he keeps up that goal scoring form from Saturday

It would t surprise me at all to see him going to Celtic for an undisclosed fee and Sparky coming on loan the other way as part of the deal,

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    It would t surprise me at all to see him going to Celtic for an undisclosed fee and Sparky coming on loan the other way as part of the deal,
    They’re signing about 600 forwards and have Forrest at the peak of his career. I would take it though mind you 😁

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    That was the rumour I heard was going to happen last January window, but got canned possibly due to Griffiths coming back into favour. Lennon is a huge admirer of Boyle.

First Team Breakthrough
    After the way Hibs have stood by him through his injuries good hope he maybe show a bit of loyalty, am I being naive?

Quote Originally Posted by Liam6270 View Post
    After the way Hibs have stood by him through his injuries good hope he maybe show a bit of loyalty, am I being naive?
    Unfortunately so mate.

@hibs.net private member
    He's been with us five years. We've had great service from him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    He's been with us five years. We've had great service from him.
    He’s had great service from us more so.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Gutted if he goes but he’s gave us some moments . He’s got a young family so no hard feelings if he wants to make some serious cash . One last season would do for me

Very

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    He was interviewed last time his contract was renewed and he said he wanted to sign an extension then to show his appreciation for what Hibs done for him.

I knew at that point it would be unlikely he’d sign another if he kept improving.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    In what way did we stand by him?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Coaching Staff
    Martin has a young family and no doubt has worked out that if he is going to make a move that sets him up for after football, then his next contract will be it.

I'll be sorry to see him go, but there are a lot of players with less ability running about who are probably on 5 or 6 times the money he's getting just now, so I don't think we can blame him if he moves.

He'll also be aware after a couple of major injuries, that football is a fleeting occupation that can be ended by a solitary tackle.

He has served us well, and if he does go, he'll undoubtedly go with nearly everyone's best wishes.

Maybe we should offer him an extended contract with a good initial signing fee upfront and a much better wage - but with a release clause set at a good transfer fee and promise to be accommodating with him around transfers at the end of next Summer's international tournament. He's that worth it to us the moment. If we lose him or let him go for peanuts, we couldn't get someone else in of that quality for anything like the extra that keeping him a little longer on those terms would cost us. It's an absolute must that he plays for us in the Scottish Cup semi later this year.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Y
    I agree 100%

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Boyle has delivered for us as much as we have for him I think. As disappointed as I'll be, I don't begrudge him moving on for some more £.

He's one of the most exciting players I've seen play for Hibs and it's a shame it could end with a small or no fee. Unless someone comes in with something silly I hope we wait until January - gives us a stab at the SC20, LC, and start of the league campaign. If things are going well forget the money and keep Boyle until his contract is over.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    If I was him I would do my best for the club that rescued me from not getting a game at Dundee, developing him into the player he is. Wave cheerio as you get the big money move that you deserve.
    If I was his agent I’d tell him to put the hibs offer aside ( I don’t think they haven’t been talking about one ) until any deadline day & if any other offer from other clubs comes in weigh them up

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    We need to offer him a big contract then publicly announce we have. That keeps the support on side. He knocks it back then no hard feelings I suppose but the club need to show the support we’ve tried everything.
    The only problem with offering a bumper deal may unsettle the other players. If the others are still on pay cuts and Martin gets a lot more then there will be an atmosphere. One which could be costly regarding performances

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    He was interviewed last time his contract was renewed and he said he wanted to sign an extension then to show his appreciation for what Hibs done for him.

I knew at that point it would be unlikely he’d sign another if he kept improving.
    This.. if true he has already shown his loyalty, why some on here think he has to do it again