hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely to be in with a chance of 2nd with two games to go is deserving of credit?

As ever on here everything is so black & white. Stubbs is a legend but also had his crap spells with defeats to Alloa and Dumbarton for example.
    Lennon also had some great results v Hearts.....pretty sure the 3-1 is the first time we'd beaten them by more than 1 goal at ER for ages.

You don't need to reply to this as you'll prob just make stuff up and/or argue me into submission. (Ps....yeah I know, stay on topic)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    You took it off ****ing topic. My reply was about Lennon and 3 particular strikers he's fallen out with and my reply was those 3 strikers more than likely caused the fall out due to their attitudes. You then jumped in and made the whole thread about Lennon, his whole management style and players he's signed etc, we've discussed Lennon to death on here and quite frankly it's bloody boring, move on.
    Ooft, calm down bud.

So basically you spoke about Lennon and I replied about Lennon? Every Lennon fall out can be explained when you look at them individually. When you actually take a step back and realise the amount of people he fell out with, including our CEO (does she have an attitude problem?) you realise he is the problem.

Surely to be in with a chance of 2nd with two games to go is deserving of credit?

As ever on here everything is so black & white. Stubbs is a legend but also had his crap spells with defeats to Alloa and Dumbarton for example.
    Lennon also had some great results v Hearts.....pretty sure the 3-1 is the first time we'd beaten them by more than 1 goal at ER for ages.

You don't need to reply to this as you'll prob just make stuff up and/or argue me into submission. (Ps....yeah I know, stay on topic)
    Yes, of course he deserves credit for that. Everyone gives him credit for that season.

Yeah, the defeats to Alloa and Dumbarton weren't great but the squad he inherited must be considered. Also his first job in management. Horrible pitches to go to etc. I think Stubbs time was up but the work he done in turning the club around, signing players, cup runs etc was incredible. He doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for the work he done outside of the 21st of May.

Stubbs beat Hearts 2-0. Farid and Cummings.

What exactly have I made up?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    So anyway.... bye Flo

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Yeah, it was definitely bouncing when he won 2 of his last 14 league games. .
    There weren’t many folk questioning Lennon at the time. Folk were blaming the crap transfer window and asking about the McGinn money.

There’s not been a game at ER since he left with the same kinda atmosphere we had when he was here.

Heckingbottom was a disaster and if it hadn’t been for Kamberi, Lennon would have seen the season out, or at least until the Celtic job came up and we’d have got some compo instead of paying him off.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    please. The Ross County final was classic Hibs.

battered them, yet we looked like falling to pieces every time they attacked. Cup double opportunity thrown away.
    that league cup should have been ours, i often wonder if in losing that final it made the players even more determined to win our next final

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    There weren’t many folk questioning Lennon at the time. Folk were blaming the crap transfer window and asking about the McGinn money.

There’s not been a game at ER since he left with the same kinda atmosphere we had when he was here.

Heckingbottom was a disaster and if it hadn’t been for Kamberi, Lennon would have seen the season out, or at least until the Celtic job came up and we’d have got some compo instead of paying him off.
    There definitely were folk questioning Lennon. and his crap transfer window.

Kamberi didn't get Lennon sacked. He should've got rid of Flo if he was such a problem. Instead, he played him every week and we kept losing.

Of course Hecky was a disaster. So was Lennon that season.

At the beginning of season 2018/19, Hibs were on a decent run of games, culminating in a 6-0 win at home to Hamilton. We then went to Celtc Park and, despite playing quite well, we lost 4-2.

After that game, Lennon made some uncomplimentary comments about the standard of players he was able to sign at Hibs (the word 'rejects' was used). It felt like being beat by Celtc had really affected him and he was making excuses (none were needed, Celtc were just very good)

That was the point that Lennon appeared to lose interest at Hibs and the only time he really seemed up for it before he left was when we next played Celtc at home and beat them 2-0 (after a rather drab 1-0 win to Hamilton).

The next five games weren't against his beloved Celtc and we failed to win a single one of them. After he left, we moved up from 8th to 5th.

Make of that what you will.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Yes, of course he deserves credit for that. Everyone gives him credit for that season.

Yeah, the defeats to Alloa and Dumbarton weren't great but the squad he inherited must be considered. Also his first job in management. Horrible pitches to go to etc. I think Stubbs time was up but the work he done in turning the club around, signing players, cup runs etc was incredible. He doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for the work he done outside of the 21st of May.

Stubbs beat Hearts 2-0. Farid and Cummings.

What exactly have I made up?
    Ah...right enough on the Hearts result...maybe it was 3 goals against them.

Listen, you're leaning on an open door with me on Stubbs, by and large he was a great manager for us. I was just pointing out for the sake of balance that he had some guff results/spells.

Re making stuff up.......in one of your many digs at Mallan you said that Morton had walked all over a midfield of Mallan & Vela. The midfield that day was Slivka & Vela. I'd say that was made up. Suited your argument that Mallan is rubbish and Slivka was good though.

Ah...right enough on the Hearts result...maybe it was 3 goals against them.

Listen, you're leaning on an open door with me on Stubbs, by and large he was a great manager for us. I was just pointing out for the sake of balance that he had some guff results/spells.

Re making stuff up.......in one of your many digs at Mallan you said that Morton had walked all over a midfield of Mallan & Vela. The midfield that day was Slivka & Vela. I'd say that was made up. Suited your argument that Mallan is rubbish and Slivka was good though.
    Absolutely certain I've never said that. I actually wasn't at that match because I was seeing the Foo Fighters in Glasgow so I doubt I mentioned it as an example. I've only ever seen goal highlights from that game. If you can find me the post, be my guest. Otherwise, it isn't me making stuff up...

Just looked up, Slivka got 2 assists that day. Don't think I've have missed that if I was mentioning his quality...
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 07-08-2020 at 12:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    that league cup should have been ours, i often wonder if in losing that final it made the players even more determined to win our next final
    I wonder that too. Could well be.

i do know that as frustrating as it was at the time (and it still annoys me now), that experience, and the Falkirk playoff, just made 21st May even sweeeter

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Absolutely certain I've never said that. I actually wasn't at that match because I was seeing the Foo Fighters in Glasgow so I doubt I mentioned it as an example. I've only ever seen goal highlights from that game. If you can find me the post, be my guest. Otherwise, it isn't me making stuff up...

Just looked up, Slivka got 2 assists that day. Don't think I've have missed that if I was mentioning his quality...
    This was your post from the 13th Jun on the summer transfer thread........fair enough I didn't get it quite right however you're clearly implying Mallan & Vela were rubbish against Morton. Mallan wasn't even on the bench that day.

Na. That midfield would be much better than what we had. Not good enough still but a big improvement on Mallan and Vela. That midfield easily strolled the United and ICT cup ties and would be fine against the lower half of the league. Mallan and Vela needed extra time against Morton.

Has Kamberi really gone? Wouldn't know it reading the last page or two!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Has Kamberi really gone? Wouldn't know it reading the last page or two!
    Read the opening post or the offical website, they'll fill you in

This was your post from the 13th Jun on the summer transfer thread........fair enough I didn't get it quite right however you're clearly implying Mallan & Vela were rubbish against Morton. Mallan wasn't even on the bench that day.

Na. That midfield would be much better than what we had. Not good enough still but a big improvement on Mallan and Vela. That midfield easily strolled the United and ICT cup ties and would be fine against the lower half of the league. Mallan and Vela needed extra time against Morton.
    Yeah, right enough. Definitely shows that I wasn't at the game that day. Will do a better job of backing myself in future.

I don't have some crusade against Mallan, though. I just don't think he is good enough based on the 2 years he's been here.