hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, if that's the reason (which seems fair enough), then the number of households is totally irrelevant.

The logical conclusion to that is that pubs should be closed down*, not have restrictions to a given number of households at one table.

It's either safe or it's not. I'm honestly struggling with the 'safe for members of two households but not for six' (or whatever) part of it.

* Or at the very least, clubs should tell players they are no go areas.
    It’s not digital though. It’s all about numbers (keeping contacts down) and sticking to the rules.

Fancy a pint, go to your local. Book a table, get table service, get your details registered. Drink your drink, go home.

We’ve all seen the piss taking pictures of city centre bars, backed to the gunnels with people queuing cheek-to-cheek, beer gardens packed.

It’s not on! It’s spoiling it for the rest of us who would be happy with a pint with our mates.

Was having this debate with my mate at a BBQ last weekend. Don’t try and reason with the rules, just accept that the main aim is to reduce contact points, while trying to keep the economy turning. Too much either way and we have a problem.

Follow the rules and we should get through this.

Take the piss and we are back in lockdown.

J

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I would be annoyed as well. Wife and I out for meal last night, first time in months (near mother in law's, Bridge of Allan).

All safe, staff doing the right thing masks on etc. Very happy with it.

Your experience demonstrates why some environment are better than others.

As Jason leitch said last week - if somewhere looks too busy, just walk away. I would hope that players are getting this message too.
    The Birds & Bees?

On a related point and taking into consideration the nonsense our neighbours put the SPFL through.

You must assume that the SPFL have published detailed COVID protocol for the league in regards to teams being able to play fixtures.

What happens when a certain amount of players contract COVID?
    What happens when all goalies, say, contract COVID?
    What happens when there’s local lockdown, like in Aberdeen?

They can’t just be making this up on the hoof again.

The cause and effect of scenarios must be spelt out now. And if not, WTF have they been doing since March?

J

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I reckon the players get tested but are still mixing with different family members and the public regularly so kind of makes a mockery of it all.

They aren’t in a bubble as such and with Saturday very close going to be interesting to see what happens.

As pointed out the English league just got on with it but i think they were testing more often - I don’t think Scotland has the money to operate like the English leagues.
    A lot of them will have kids going back to school next week mixing with multiple households. This makes the bubble unworkable, they can't be expected to isolate from their immediate family indefinitely.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Apparently they are asymptomatic which begs the question how many others are that are spreading it that we don’t know about
    This is exactly the reason why we have all been asked to wear masks and continue social distancing, and at a very minimum only leave the home if it’s essential!

This virus has been spread for months and months by asymptomatic carriers, if it’s only hitting home for people now because a few footballers have tested positive but are asymptomatic then I guess we are all up the creek without a paddle!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The pub is unsafe hence why there are rules to follow in the pubs. They shouldn’t be sitting together in that group. And I’ll assume these pubs are breaking all the rules.
    Licensing authorities need to be out on Saturday nights shutting them down LIVE.

Really send a message.

J

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Keith, I would also urge you to report that restaurant. My wife has been pretty ill for 4 months now after having Covid and it makes me very angry when I see and hear about things like this. Nowhere will be completely safe but following the rules will make it as safe as possible and those who don't or won't need to be called out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    On a related point and taking into consideration the nonsense our neighbours put the SPFL through.

You must assume that the SPFL have published detailed COVID protocol for the league in regards to teams being able to play fixtures.

What happens when a certain amount of players contract COVID?
    What happens when all goalies, say, contract COVID?
    What happens when there’s local lockdown, like in Aberdeen?

They can’t just be making this up on the hoof again.

The cause and effect of scenarios must be spelt out now. And if not, WTF have they been doing since March?

J
    I’m pretty sure Aberdeen will not want this fixture cancelled no matter how disadvantaged they are. That goes for all clubs. The show must go on no matter what. The alternative is too much for the clubs to bare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I’m pretty sure Aberdeen will not want this fixture cancelled no matter how disadvantaged they are. That goes for all clubs. The show must go on no matter what. The alternative is too much for the clubs to bare.

It’s a Sky game too, not that that should have any influence on whether to call the game off mind you.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Or as he put it Prediction

Except he posted it as fact, then edited it.

And was proved wrong (edited )
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 07-08-2020 at 08:57 AM. Reason: edited
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    My comment was a little more nuanced than that.

Maybe if I put it in the form of a couple of questions:

What is it that makes meeting in a group from, say, eight households in a pub more dangerous than meeting in the exact same group in full contact training and matches?

If it's the pub (say the enclosed space, for instance), wouldn't that mean that the pub is inherently unsafe and should be just closed down to everybody?

Yes, it spreads more easily indoors. That's why so many non-essential offices are still closed, and more and more indoor settings will likely see mask wearing mandatory soon. Lack of ventilation is a problem for most pubs and from the photo's posted, they were not socially distancing.

Didn't start on Saturday, I'd fancy them against St Johnstone. Don't lump all your money on, Aberdeen will still be competitive.

Dabrowski

Gray
    McGregor
    Jackson
    Stevenson

Horgan
    Hallberg
    Mallan
    Murray

Doige
    Gullan

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Pubs plural.

Do you mean this one group of 5 players were queuing to get into more than one pub?

Were you following them round from pub to pub?
    No need to sound like I am making stuff up, I came out a pub in the Grassmarket and there were 5 Hibs players together trying to get in as I was leaving, as most places you had to prebook they were refused entry, they then went onto try and get into other pubs, don’t know if they had any luck but my point is everyone is having a go at these Aberdeen players when there were Hibs players trying to do the same thing, even if they didn’t get in anywhere they tried too

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh_Lad View Post
    No need to sound like I am making stuff up, I came out a pub in the Grassmarket and there were 5 Hibs players together trying to get in as I was leaving, as most places you had to prebook they were refused entry, they then went onto try and get into other pubs, don’t know if they had any luck but my point is everyone is having a go at these Aberdeen players when there were Hibs players trying to do the same thing, even if they didn’t get in anywhere they tried too
    Which players?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    If there were Hibs players at it, the Club will know. They will take the appropriate action.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    The Birds & Bees?
    La Cucina on BofA main Street. Was excellent 👍

Didn't go to the pub, Westerton is just along but always full of Huns.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If there were Hibs players at it, the Club will know. They will take the appropriate action.
    My point wasn’t to out Hibs players which is why I am not naming them just highlighting it’s not just the Aberdeen players who’s been out, hopefully with what’s happened to them will make players take note

my point is everyone is having a go at these Aberdeen players when there were Hibs players trying to do the same thing, even if they didn’t get in anywhere they tried too
    Not sure everyone having a go at Aberdeen players, and I would be really surprised if our players were not out too.

Cheers

They will just grin and bear it. The implications are indeed horrendous if we start postponing games. Every club can just follow all necessary protocols and hope for the best. It could really affect the dons season but I’m sure McInnes will install the siege mentality and they will be even more brutal if that’s possible.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    My point wasn’t to out Hibs players which is why I am not naming them just highlighting it’s not just the Aberdeen players who’s been out, hopefully with what’s happened to them will make players take note
    I think you just have, though.

Aberdeen game now off

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Keith, I would also urge you to report that restaurant. My wife has been pretty ill for 4 months now after having Covid and it makes me very angry when I see and hear about things like this. Nowhere will be completely safe but following the rules will make it as safe as possible and those who don't or won't need to be called out.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Following advice on the coronavirus thread, I've got in touch with the pub management to make them aware of the situation first, to give them the opportunity to do something about it. I know other people that occasionally go to the beer garden, so they're going to check if anything changes and take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Aberdeen game now off
    Mind reading not one of my many skills. Could they not have announced it five mins ago so I wouldn’t spout a lot of nonsense. Thanks guys.🤣

Aberdeen game now off
    Points should go to St. Johnstone. There has been a clear breach of rules by Aberdeen players. Different if they had just been unlucky but they were not.

Wonder if they can play Hamilton?
    Wonder when the fixture will be played?

Aberdeen game now off
    Might be a blessing in disguise. All other clubs will warn players and hopefully all learn from it.

Might be a blessing in disguise. All other clubs will warn players and hopefully all learn from it.
    You would hope that this is where Gray and McGregor will earn their bumper 4 year never playing contracts. Our squad discipline is going to have to be exemplary from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Wonder if they can play Hamilton?
    Wonder when the fixture will be played?
    The initial statement made it clear that there had been a breach of protocol.

If that’s been the case, they shouldn’t need to worry about when it’s played.

Points should go to St. Johnstone. There has been a clear breach of rules by Aberdeen players. Different if they had just been unlucky but they were not.

Totally agree, Ozy.

That would send out a strong message to the clubs and then there would be no messing when it came to discussions with their players.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

I agree.

The club, through the players, have shown total disregard to the protocols in place and therefore should suffer the consequences.

I’d also expect the league or the SFA (never quite sure who’s policing the rules) to bring some sort of sanction.