hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do any of the players live together?
    No idea of the living arrangements but I am sure since what’s been said footballers shouldn’t be going to a pub same household or not

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Yip, that is why i say the rules and regulations are unmanageable, and either pubs shut or are run properly, but how they are run properly is anyone's guess, as i've yet to see one pub do it right.
    I suppose this is the difference between the U.K. and countries like Japan. On the one hand, the British require rules to be enforced, while the Japanese would recognise, due to a greater sense of the collective, that risk aversion is the best choice when there’s no enforcement or a possibility of uncertainty regarding what is the correct thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh_Lad View Post
    It was myself that seen the players, why would I make it up?

To be honest I don’t care who believes me the whole point is half the people on here are asking for these Aberdeen players heads but it’s double standards, could have easily been an outbreak in Edinburgh that weekend and our game being called off
    Yeah, and there will be many other players that have probably gone to the pub or broken protocol in another way. Fortunately though, other players haven’t tested positive.

Aberdeen players took the risk but have been caught out and made an example of because of the positive tests.

@hibs.net private member
    No idea of the living arrangements but I am sure since what’s been said footballers shouldn’t be going to a pub same household or not
    Are you able to itemise which rule or protocol these players were breaching when you saw them?
    I would also urge that you name names or at the very least report the matter to the club. There is far more at stake here than a couple of pints in or outside of the rules.
    Alternatively, if you have no breach of rules to offer then perhaps you should consider whether it is appropriate to be casting aspersions on an open forum. We already have another poster reporting your comment as clear evidence of a breach of rules Too much mischief making already perhaps. As I suggested to him, there are plenty of supporters of other clubs would have been ready to jump all over this if there was anything in it. Yet the only place we are seeing it is on this forum.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 09-08-2020 at 09:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Are you able to itemise which rule or protocol these players were breaching when you saw them?
    I would also urge that you name names or at the very least report the matter to the club. There is far more at stake here than a couple of pints in or outside of the rules.
    Alternatively, if you have no breach of rules to offer then perhaps you should consider whether it is appropriate to be casting aspersions on an open forum.
    FFS he's only said he saw a few players up town last week, and you want him to turn into the next Lee Wallace.

@hibs.net private member
    FFS he's only said he saw a few players up town last week, and you want him to turn into the next Lee Wallace.
    No, I want him to be more sensible when you have picked up his comment as fact and as evidence of wrongdoing by our player. You are then prepared to plaster that all over a public forum.
    Also suggest you peruse my edit to my origin comment.

No, I want him to be more sensible when you have picked up his comment as fact and as evidence of wrongdoing by our player. You are then prepared to plaster that all over a public forum.
    Ah right, i will remember to run everything through you before i post in future, on a bloody football forum.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Alternatively, if you have no breach of rules to offer then perhaps you should consider whether it is appropriate to be casting aspersions on an open forum. We already have another poster reporting your comment as clear evidence of a breach of rules Too much mischief making already perhaps. As I suggested to him, there are plenty of supporters of other clubs would have been ready to jump all over this if there was anything in it. Yet the only place we are seeing it is on this forum.
    Are you left or right of that Centre Line?

I think you expect way too much from a football message board, Its aberdeen this week, it could have been us last week, thats the luck of the draw if you go out in this pandemic.

@hibs.net private member
    Ah right, i will remember to run everything through you before i post in future, on a bloody football forum.
    So far, give or take a few one way or the other, twenty million people in the world have been positively identified as infected by this virus and three quarters of a million people have died. I find it cringeworthy that you think it’s funny. If our players are breaching the rules then they need to be dealt with. If they are not then it would not be unreasonable to suggest that you do not suggest they have on this or any other forum.

So far, give or take a few one way or the other, twenty million people in the world have been positively identified as infected by this virus and three quarters of a million people have died. I find it cringeworthy that you think it’s funny. If our players are breaching the rules then they need to be dealt with. If they are not then it would not be unreasonable to suggest that you do not suggest they have on this or any other forum.
    Considering i have had the virus, i will laugh or cry when i like. Why dont you read whats being said on both sides, and try and understand their valid points, rather than turning into Quincy or Ironside.

The virus aint going anywhere, but people ARE getting more relaxed about things, WRONGLY in my opinion, but as i keep saying, things are not going back to how it was in lockdown, and you must be the most naive person on here if you think the Aberdeen players have been the only ones to go out to a pub since the relaxation of the rules.

@hibs.net private member
    Considering i have had the virus, i will laugh or cry when i like. Why dont you read whats being said on both sides, and try and understand their valid points, rather than turning into Quincy or Ironside.

The virus aint going anywhere, but people ARE getting more relaxed about things, WRONGLY in my opinion, but as i keep saying, things are not going back to how it was in lockdown, and you must be the most naive person on here if you think the Aberdeen players have been the only ones to go out to a pub since the relaxation of the rules.
    Firstly, if you have Covid-19, I sincerely hope you make a full recovery from the virus. I particularly hope that you do not suffer the ongoing issues, particularly heart issues, that the majority of people who have contracted this virus, regardless of how severely, are reported to suffer from.

As for your points, I have never suggested it is unthinkable that players from other teams have been out. I do, however, firmly suggest that if anyone has evidence that our player have broken the rules then it simply has to be reported. Doesn’t make me Ironside, it makes me very concerned that irresponsible behaviour puts others at risk. In your case that concern seems to be too late and I wish you well.

All that said, I also believe you should not be reporting what you read on a football forum as unqualified fact.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 09-08-2020 at 09:57 PM.

It was myself that seen the players, why would I make it up?

To be honest I don’t care who believes me the whole point is half the people on here are asking for these Aberdeen players heads but it’s double standards, could have easily been an outbreak in Edinburgh that weekend and our game being called off
    Fair enough. You don't care and no one needs to believe you.

I also think what folk are missing on this, is the fact that theses players were part of a group of people that broke the rules have contracted Covid and have now cost the city and areas of Aberdeen millions, this may have cost jobs and has set the economy back, nae wonder Sturgeon and the rest of Scotland are pissed at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I also think what folk are missing on this, is the fact that theses players were part of a group of people that broke the rules have contracted Covid and have now cost the city and areas of Aberdeen millions, this may have cost jobs and has set the economy back, nae wonder Sturgeon and the rest of Scotland are pissed at them.
    I think there are more people forgiving of their behaviour on this thread than you will find in Aberdeen.
    ( As a % age. ) Dons fan or not it’s been almost universal condemnation. It’s not just the hit jobs and finances are taking, the mental strain of being put back in to lockdown can be pretty hard to bear for some of us.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reads tome like there will be no further action against Aberdeen or it’s players.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/co...ust/?rid=14258

Scottish News
    WHAT A SILLY BOLI Celtic star Boli Bolingoli broke strict quarantine rules with secret trip to Spain before playing against Kilmarnock
    Douglas Walker
    21:37, 10 Aug 2020Updated: 22:03, 10 Aug 2020
    Comment now
    CELTIC ace Boli Bolingoli is under investigation by raging club chiefs after sneaking off on holiday to Spain in defiance of strict Covid-19 quarantine rules.

Bolingoli, 25, didn’t tell Hoops bosses he’d been to the high-risk country, failed to isolate when he returned — then played in Sunday’s game against Kilmarnock.

Aberdeen say they have "heavily fined" eight players who breached coronavirus protocols by visiting a bar on August 1.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Aberdeen say they have "heavily fined" eight players who breached coronavirus protocols by visiting a bar on August 1.
    And donated the fines to NHS Grampian

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/08/14/club-statement-23/

Both clubs have been charged and the hearing is on August 28th. Aberdeen could have 8 players banned when they play us on the 30th.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53783017

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    With the government extending the Aberdeen lockdown, should the game against St Johnstone tomorrow not be called off?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Indeed and with Germany extending their furlough scheme by 24 months it looks like they aren’t expecting any solution any time in the near future. I’ve no sympathy for the players as their actions could have massive reverberations whereas you and I would only affect a few folk. I won’t hammer them but they will be punished accordingly imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    With the government extending the Aberdeen lockdown, should the game against St Johnstone tomorrow not be called off?
    Apparently they'll have four of the players available and another two will miss out only because of injury.

The cancellation of the game has benefitted them.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    That photo of the Sheep players playing catch the virus in an Aberdeen pub REALLY angers me.

And McInnes has the audacity to tell people to stop having a dig?

Get lost Aberdeen.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

With Sam Cosgrove and Michael Devlin injured and Craig Bryson, Jonny Hayes, Dylan McGeouch and Matty Kennedy in the squad tonight, can we assume the 2 players that caught Covid-19 were Scott McKenna and Bruce Anderson? Possibly not, I suppose they've all done the 2 weeks self-isolation and the 2 that caught it might have had no symptoms and have now been given the all-clear. Don't know what the rules are on how soon players can return after having it.

I see McCrorie is starting. Hope he has a howler.
    Last edited by 007; 20-08-2020 at 05:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    With Sam Cosgrove and Michael Devlin injured and Craig Bryson, Jonny Hayes, Dylan McGeouch and Matty Kennedy in the squad tonight, can we assume the 2 players that caught Covid-19 were Scott McKenna and Bruce Anderson? Possibly not, I suppose they've all done the 2 weeks self-isolation and the 2 that caught it might have had no symptoms and have now been given the all-clear. Don't know what the rules are on how soon players can return after having it.

I see McCrorie is starting. Hope he has a howler.
    I believe Covid is unlikely to clear the system in 14 days. Nice piece of detective work, I think you may have nailed it.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I don't think the lockdown affects people working or the bubble of football with excessive testing.

Same happened with Leicester a couple months back.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I don't think the lockdown affects people working or the bubble of football with excessive testing.

Same happened with Leicester a couple months back.
    I made that point a few days ago, the Aberdeen and Celtic games were postponed as a direct result of players testing positive (in Aberdeen's case) and a player coming back from a high risk country and not isolating (in Celtic's case). It was seen as a measure to stop the spread of infection within the rest of the squad due to them coming into close contact with each other during training and also spreading it to other clubs during matches.

The fact that Aberdeen as a city is in lockdown doesn't really make any odds. As you say people in Aberdeen can still travel an unlimited distance for work purposes so that's clearly not the reason.