hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Aberdeen players were doing exactly the same thing as Hibs players did last weekend, the only difference being, they caught the virus.

Why no outrage at the 5 Hibs players all breaking the law last weekend?

The Scottish public are not sticking to the rules, clearly they are not doing so in Aberdeen, and i'd imagine its the same all over the countries pubs too.
    And why the virus is taking off again not just in the UK but in the US southern states. I think we will end up closing indoor pubs and restaurants again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    And why the viruscusctaking off again not just in the UK but in the US southern states. I think we will end up closing indoor pubs and restaurants again.
    The public were brilliant at the start of this pandemic, but now i see young men maybe 30s and younger ignoring the problem as if it's not a problem anymore.

You cant have guidelines when death is a very possible option, the public need to be told and unfortunately for the likes of pubs, in my opinion they will need to close again.

Yet saying that, i have my doubts we can have a lockdown as well enforced as we had, if one was applied again.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    The public were brilliant at the start of this pandemic, but now i see young men maybe 30s and younger ignoring the problem as if it's not a problem anymore.

You cant have guidelines when death is a very possible option, the public need to be told and unfortunately for the likes of pubs, in my opinion they will need to close again.

Yet saying that, i have my doubts we can have a lockdown as well enforced as we had, if one was applied again.
    And that's one of the reasons why people are so angry with the Aberdeen guys. If they abuse the privileges they have been given, people will say "if it's okay for them, it's okay for me".

It's the Dominic Cummings thing all over again

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    And that's one of the reasons why people are so angry with the Aberdeen guys. If they abuse the privileges they have been given, people will say "if it's okay for them, it's okay for me".

It's the Dominic Cummings thing all over again
    This is why i keep saying it is unmanageable.

This is why i keep saying it is unmanageable.
    It is manageable if role models stick to the rules, particularly those who have been granted privileges that many others haven't been.

Testimonial Due

Indoor bars and restaurants are super spreading venues. You can't expect people to be disciplined once they have had a drink. The only way to create the discipline is to shut these venues. This is a matter of life and death

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It is manageable if role models stick to the rules, particularly those who have been granted privileges that many others haven't been.
    Nah, its gone way past that in my opinion. The youngsters of today are not listening to anyone anymore, whether you are Dominic Cummings or the Aberdeen squad, or even the Hibs squad.

It's unmanageable, when you go to a pub, you have no idea who some people are or if they live together or not.
    Then dont go to a pub. If you cannot survive without alcohol buy a party six pack and get bladdered at home.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 09-08-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Then dont go tk a pub. If you cannot survive without alchol by a party six pack and get bladdered at home.
    No thank you, i will go to the pub when i like while i'm still allowed.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    No thank you, i will go to the pub when i like while i'm still allowed.
    Ah.. but if I read it right on one of your earlier posts you've broken the guidlines/rules so will be culpable in helping bring that 'close down day' closer!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Ah.. but if I read it right on one of your earlier posts you've broken the guidlines/rules so will be culpable in helping bring that 'close down day' closer!

Yip, that is why i say the rules and regulations are unmanageable, and either pubs shut or are run properly, but how they are run properly is anyone's guess, as i've yet to see one pub do it right.

Yip, that is why i say the rules and regulations are unmanageable, and either pubs shut or are run properly, but how they are run properly is anyone's guess, as i've yet to see one pub do it right.
    You're not wrong, it's down to all of us to follow the rules as it's pretty impossible for the pubs etc to enforce it.

I should maybe clarify that your horrid rule breaking post earlier more or less reflected what I did the other night! I did leave early, when more 'mates' arrived in my defence!

@hibs.net private member
    How do you know they never went in as 2 groups of 3 and a group of 2?

As i keep saying, these rules are unmanageable.
    Oh but they are. The management process is that the government simply say “no football”. All this clamour to find loopholes is ridiculous. Especially when people try to pick and choose rules from different sides of the border.
    It is very clear that an agreement was made, without which football would not have been allowed to take place here in Scotland. It appears to me that Aberdeen FC have now got that message loud and clear. I sincere hope that all of the other clubs have too. If not, we can forget this season being continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    You're not wrong, it's down to all of us to follow the rules as it's pretty impossible for the pubs etc to enforce it.

I should maybe clarify that your horrid rule breaking post earlier more or less reflected what I did the other night! I did leave early, when more 'mates' arrived in my defence!

Did you leave because of the rules, or was it just time to go, as I never witnessed anyone leaving due to more people arriving where I was drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Oh but they are. The management process is that the government simply say “no football”. All this clamour to find loopholes is ridiculous. Especially when people try to pick and choose rules from different sides of the border.
    It is very clear that an agreement was made, without which football would not have been allowed to take place here in Scotland. It appears to me that Aberdeen FC have now got that message loud and clear. I sincere hope that all of the other clubs have too. If not, we can forget this season being continued.
    Footballers might follow the rules from now on, but the real problem is the pubs, not the players.

@hibs.net private member
    The Aberdeen players were doing exactly the same thing as Hibs players did last weekend, the only difference being, they caught the virus.

Why no outrage at the 5 Hibs players all breaking the law last weekend?

The Scottish public are not sticking to the rules, clearly they are not doing so in Aberdeen, and i'd imagine its the same all over the countries pubs too.
    Which five Hibs players was that? You can’t just throw it out there as if it’s a fact but not add any proper context or names.
    Careless talk costs lives.

Which five Hibs players was that? You can’t just throw it out there as if it’s a fact but not add any proper context or names.
    Careless talk costs lives.
    Players spotted up town last week by Hibs fan. Its hardly the crime of the century, but it would be if they caught covid.

@hibs.net private member
    Footballers might follow the rules from now on, but the real problem is the pubs, not the players.
    Not the ones I’ve been to. All very well run and within the rules. So far I’ve been to four pubs and two restaurants in the past three week. Not once have I seen anything other than the rules being followed.

@hibs.net private member
    Players spotted up town last week by Hibs fan. Its hardly the crime of the century, but it would be if they caught covid.
    I suspect there are enough hearts fans up town that if any Hibs player was breaking rules it would have been all over social media. I ask again, what Hibs players were up town breaking the rules? You seem well informed

I suspect there are enough hearts fans up town that if any Hibs player was breaking rules it would have been all over social media. I ask again, what Hibs players were up town breaking the rules? You seem well informed
    It was posted on here, not bothered either way really. We can slate the Aberdeen players all we want, but it's very naive to think they are the only ones doing it.

That is obvious, but as i keep saying, these rules are unmanageable, and these players are in their bubble, they are all tested twice a week, which is funny when you think about it, as they have caught the virus from someone who's not tested twice a week.

They could have said they went out in two 3s and a 2, that would have been fine, but they have it appears gone out together, and nobody at the doors of these pubs stopped them.

We can mump and ,oan about this as long as we like, but this is going on all over the country, and nobody is keeping check on it, either the pubs apply the rules properly, or they need closing down again, it's clear the public wont adhere to the rules.
    You keep saying the rules are unmanageable. That's crap. People need to manage their selves and stick to the rules. Unenforceable, yes maybe, but unmanageable, no.
    In your anecdote, I would suggest the pubs you went to broke the rules. They had you sitting at a table with people you do not know, that's not how it's meant to work.

Semantics.

Did you leave because of the rules, or was it just time to go, as I never witnessed anyone leaving due to more people arriving where I was drinking?
    I left as I knew the rules and the reasoning behind them I guess.

It was posted on here, not bothered either way really.

The claim sounded whiffy, BH. No proof at all.

BREAKING: Atletico Madrid confirm two positive cases of #COVID19 from yesterday’s testing.

The two people are now self-isolating at home.

The Spanish side are due to play RB Leipzig in the quarter finals of the Champions League on Thursday, in Lisbon.

More on @SkySportsNews

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I agree, and in fact I think they should have circulated a draft set of rules as an alternative option in that vote. I don't think it's realistic to predict every complexity but they've had months to draw up a list of likely issues to be addressed. This one was entirely predictable.
    New board, they won't have it that refined. Get the agreement in principal and push on.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    No i have no proof at all, just repeating what someone said here.

Could be right, could be wrong, but i'd put last penny on the Dons players not being the only players who have been out on the town since lockdown finished and the pubs reopened.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It was myself that seen the players, why would I make it up?

To be honest I don’t care who believes me the whole point is half the people on here are asking for these Aberdeen players heads but it’s double standards, could have easily been an outbreak in Edinburgh that weekend and our game being called off

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh_Lad View Post

To be honest I don’t care who believes me the whole point is half the people on here are asking for these Aberdeen players heads but it’s double standards, could have easily been an outbreak in Edinburgh that weekend and our game being called off
    Then the players were ***** for pubbing it last weekend. Hopefully the Aberdeen fiasco will have made them realise it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh_Lad View Post

Do any of the players live together?