hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Livingston PPV

Surely if you bought your season ticket it was to be the first back in the ground? I know that’s why I got mine. There’s no guarantee that non st’s will get to see Hibs live at all this season, certainly I’d imagine not before Christmas. Would charging them £20 to watch at home still be getting value for money out of your season ticket when they’ll be watching a game that you’re in the stadium for? It’ll just be something else the club have got massively wrong if they charge any more than £15

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely if you bought your season ticket it was to be the first back in the ground? I know that’s why I got mine. There’s no guarantee that non st’s will get to see Hibs live at all this season, certainly I’d imagine not before Christmas. Would charging them £20 to watch at home still be getting value for money out of your season ticket when they’ll be watching a game that you’re in the stadium for? It’ll just be something else the club have got massively wrong if they charge any more than £15
    There's no guarantees that anyone will get to see Hibs live this season.

I bought a season ticket to help the club out and to guarantee keeping my same seat that I've had for the last 10 years.

If we all end up viewing the entire season from the sofa, it's entirely possible that, from October onwards, non-season ticket holders will be viewing games for around half the price of season ticket holders. That can't be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

I bought a season ticket to help the club out and to guarantee keeping my same seat that I've had for the last 10 years.

If we all end up viewing the entire season from the sofa, it's entirely possible that, from October onwards, non-season ticket holders will be viewing games for around half the price of season ticket holders. That can't be right.
    Correct. If we end up back in the stadium then revisit the PPV prices and look to lower them. If I’m sat at home next door to a non STH and he’s getting it for £10 per game cheaper than me then I’m afraid I wouldn’t be too happy.

Of course my commitment was a financial ‘donation’ to the club, but now we have football I expect a bit of respect for that. Those PPV fans can make the same financial donation each home game if they like.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

What’s the equivalent price of a season ticket?

This season adults will be paying anywhere between £11 and £26 a match through their season ticket. Kids are much less than this.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Personally think the clubs charging £12-50 have got in right. Watching a live stream is clearly not even close to watching a game in the stadium, so charging the equivalent of a season ticket price per game seems a bit of a rip off to me. International subscribers are getting home and away games for £180 a year and I doubt anyone grudges them that price (I certainly don't) so I don't have an issue with charging PPV games for anything around a tenner.

When season tickets were originally sold, I thought there was a chance we would be back in October or so, and realistically miss a handful of games. Now it's looking like it could be most of the season, so I think a PPV price commensurate with the season ticket (roughly £25) is correct, given where we now are

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Personally think the clubs charging £12-50 have got in right. Watching a live stream is clearly not even close to watching a game in the stadium, so charging the equivalent of a season ticket price per game seems a bit of a rip off to me. International subscribers are getting home and away games for £180 a year and I doubt anyone grudges them that price (I certainly don't) so I don't have an issue with charging PPV games for anything around a tenner.
    I think that £12.50 is too cheap and £20-£25 is more reasonable.we need income to provide quality players.

No matter what price Hibs charge there will be some people complaining about it. Maybe one reason Hibs decided not to do ppv for the Killie game was so we could see how much Aberdeen charge for theirs next week and with us now not having a home game not on Sky for quite a while, we can also gauge how well sales have gone for each club. That should help us calculate the best price to charge to maximise income.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I think that £12.50 is too cheap and £20-£25 is more reasonable.we need income to provide quality players.
    Our next 2 home games are live on Sky, Rangers will almost definitely be live on Sky, so our first real chance to make a few bob is Hamilton. How many non-ST holders & Hamilton fans will pay £20-£25? Less than 100, I'd say. We'd make more money if we charge £10-£15. There's a sweet spot, If Eddie Hearn/Sky asked £50 for a Joshua fight, there'd be very few takers.

@hibs.net private member

ST holders don’t all pay the same price, we’ve got different levels before you take on board that disabled and pensioners get to see the games cheaper than others. ST holders have got access to all home games and have kept their seats. Most claimed they were doing it to support the club.

PPV should be used to get more money into the club not to be used as a stick to beat the club. Rangers have 50000 STs and are charging a tenner so are there fans claiming they’ve been cheated by their club?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    £20-£25 is vastly overpriced for live Scottish football IMO, never mind a stream. Hibs make a big play about being a community club, and rightly so, that community is facing the same financial challenges in these times as the club are. Which I hope they will take into account when trying to find the right balance.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    ST holders don’t all pay the same price, we’ve got different levels before you take on board that disabled and pensioners get to see the games cheaper than others. ST holders have got access to all home games and have kept their seats. Most claimed they were doing it to support the club.

PPV should be used to get more money into the club not to be used as a stick to beat the club. Rangers have 50000 STs and are charging a tenner so are there fans claiming they’ve been cheated by their club?
    I agree with you but to answer your question - yes. I looked at Follow Follow yesterday and the same points are being raised about PPV there as on here, only with more swearing etc. 😂

If we have the same situation next year(and who knows?)how many season tickets will we sell if everyone can get PPV at half the price?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post

Ok yes I'm aware that not everyone is an adult season ticket holder as I'm one of them (disabled), I've pointed out the fact that it relates to adult season ticket holders in the past when I've discussed this issue but to be honest I think it's largely irrelevant if some season ticket holders are viewing the games for less than other season ticket holders.

The PPV option opens itself up to an unlimited amount of people being able to view one PPV feed as someone could potentially get a numerous amount of people over to their house to watch the game so a lot of people using the PPV option won't even be paying the full amount themselves - I know that on Saturday the £20 for my PPV feed will be shared by up to 4 of us so we're all quids in compared with Livingston's season ticket holders but less so than if it had cost £10 and that's the way it should be.

It should be set at a price that is slightly higher than the cost of the club's most expensive season ticket, in my opinion.

As for Rangers, I'm not too bothered if their season ticket holders feel ripped off or not but if they are offering PPV for £10 then I would imagine that some of them will feel short changed.

Personally I totally agree with Livingston's stance.

Good point made above about average season ticket price. I'm sure I've seen a figure before and would be good if it was made public, if average season ticket worked out at £14 per game there's the easiest figure to charge ppv.
    Obviously same if £12 or £18.
    I swithered for a while but decided I was making a donation albeit I would get games on tv/ppv and I've reconciled that if I can afford to do that I'm not going to resent someone else who can't pay out for a ST getting a handful of games cheaper per game than me.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If we have the same situation next year(and who knows?)how many season tickets will we sell if everyone can get PPV at half the price?
    100%.

I know that if, God forbid, Covid-19 is still with us in March next year when it comes to renewal time, I'll just go with the PPV option and I'm sure many others will do likewise.

Ok yes I'm aware that not everyone is an adult season ticket holder as I'm one of them (disabled), I've pointed out the fact that it relates to adult season ticket holders in the past when I've discussed this issue but to be honest I think it's largely irrelevant if some season ticket holders are viewing the games for less than other season ticket holders.

The PPV option opens itself up to an unlimited amount of people being able to view one PPV feed as someone could potentially get a numerous amount of people over to their house to watch the game so a lot of people using the PPV option won't even be paying the full amount themselves - I know that on Saturday the £20 for my PPV feed will be shared by up to 4 of us so we're all quids in compared with Livingston's season ticket holders but less so than if it had cost £10 and that's the way it should be.

It should be set at a price that is slightly higher than the cost of the club's most expensive season ticket, in my opinion.

As for Rangers, I'm not too bothered if their season ticket holders feel ripped off or not but if they are offering PPV for £10 then I would imagine that some of them will feel short changed.

Personally I totally agree with Livingston's stance.
    You've evaluated how much you can afford and have gone ahead with that, same as the Livi game based on how many people will be watching with you, if the club decide the price is less than your average per ticket I'm not sure why you should resent that?
    As an adult ST holder in the FFL there are others in the ground paying more than me and there are others paying less, it happens

100%.

I know that if, God forbid, Covid-19 is still with us in March next year when it comes to renewal time, I'll just go with the PPV option and I'm sure many others will do likewise.
    Are you seriously saying if the Club charge £15 for PPV this season that would prevent you renewing for next season - if crowds are still not back in the grounds? Especially taking into account that our financial situation could be perilous by that stage?

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Are you seriously saying if the Club charge £15 for PPV this season that would prevent you renewing for next season - if crowds are still not back in the grounds? Especially taking into account that our financial situation could be perilous by that stage?
    It's an interesting point. Not worth Hibs taking the risk. All the people who are saying that they wouldn't pay £23 for a game but would pay £18 are the ones talking nonsense in my opinion

If there's still no prospect of people watching live games for the foreseeable future by the time the renewal date comes round in March next year and we've just finished a season where the people who haven't bought a season ticket are much better off than a lot of people who have and there's likely to be a similar setup next season then I'll seriously consider it.

The cost of my season ticket for this season increased by over 20% compared with last year and there's another pretty big increase due on my season ticket for next year so if I'm going to be much better off with the PPV deal then I'll need to seriously consider my options.
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 05-08-2020 at 10:50 PM.

value for money

As a musician, in trying to sell CDs for instance, I am confronted by the problem that people can get my music from illegal sites for nothing, or they can buy far more famous performers' CDs for £5 and I need to try and pitch the price so that people will pay it and so that I have some chance of eventually making a profit. I can tell you that there's no way under the present economic climate that I can make a profit let alone a living. Pitching the price of a ticket to view a game is so difficult. I am lucky enough to have a discounted season ticket so is the assumption that no one should ever get a ticket cheaper than I currently do on price per game basis or should the "away" or "walk-up" fans be expected to pay more than the dearest season ticket holder's seat? My entirely personal opinion is that all the clubs should agree a single price for pay per view for all games and that it should be competitively priced at around about £15.

I bought a ticket for the Livingston game at £20 but I shall be watching the game with my son and my grandson both of whom are also season ticket holders at Easter Road. That feels like decent value when you split it three ways. I don't think this is wrong or unethical and, let's face it, that does raise the issue that one could get a much larger pay per view crowd in terms of the away fans than the stadium would normally allow if it were a big game.

I think it could also be used as a way of selling Scottish football globally. In Edinburgh we have the world's largest cultural festival, we have some great musicians and music and Hibs are a great example in being associated with The Proclaimers. Go about it the right way and there is a huge potential to market Hibs and Scottish football....and my CDs (just joking).

I hate to be doom and gloom but I wonder if we will ever be in a packed ER again. All across the world (incl Aberdeen) lockdowns are being reimposed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    I hate to be doom and gloom but I wonder if we will ever be in a packed ER again. All across the world (incl Aberdeen) lockdowns are being reimposed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    There will be a vaccine hopefully, but if not, there's no way we can exist like this for ever. In the event of no vaccine, and provided we do gain immunity to Covid, then herd immunity has to be the realistic next step.

I grudged paying £25 the last time to watch Hibs play on the plastic pitch, hence I'm too miserable to pay 20 quid to watch the game on a computer I'll pass,
    regardless if it's in livvy or at Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member
    Those arguing that if the whole season is fan less in side stadiums then they won’t renew is a mute point. If fans are not back in the ground this season we will be lucky to have professional football in Scotland next year. If no vaccine comes forward there’s not going to be much of an economy to support football. Those who have bought ST did so in the full knowledge that they might not get to a live game and that clubs were working on introducing a product to sell online and on TV. 10000 Hibs fans have signed for the season. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Hibs to sell games on a PPV basis going forward.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    well done those clubs charging between £9.99-£12.50

fair prices
    Yup - that's my view too. There's a difference between being there live and watching on TV and the benchmark is surely a 24hr sky sports pass @ £9.99. I won't be giving livi my cash but probably would at £9-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Yup - that's my view too. There's a difference between being there live and watching on TV and the benchmark is surely a 24hr sky sports pass @ £9.99. I won't be giving livi my cash but probably would at £9-12.
    We’re all sitting in the house watching it though, no one is at the game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by tomf View Post
    As a musician, in trying to sell CDs for instance, I am confronted by the problem that people can get my music from illegal sites for nothing, or they can buy far more famous performers' CDs for £5 and I need to try and pitch the price so that people will pay it and so that I have some chance of eventually making a profit. I can tell you that there's no way under the present economic climate that I can make a profit let alone a living. Pitching the price of a ticket to view a game is so difficult. I am lucky enough to have a discounted season ticket so is the assumption that no one should ever get a ticket cheaper than I currently do on price per game basis or should the "away" or "walk-up" fans be expected to pay more than the dearest season ticket holder's seat? My entirely personal opinion is that all the clubs should agree a single price for pay per view for all games and that it should be competitively priced at around about £15.

I bought a ticket for the Livingston game at £20 but I shall be watching the game with my son and my grandson both of whom are also season ticket holders at Easter Road. That feels like decent value when you split it three ways. I don't think this is wrong or unethical and, let's face it, that does raise the issue that one could get a much larger pay per view crowd in terms of the away fans than the stadium would normally allow if it were a big game.

I think it could also be used as a way of selling Scottish football globally. In Edinburgh we have the world's largest cultural festival, we have some great musicians and music and Hibs are a great example in being associated with The Proclaimers. Go about it the right way and there is a huge potential to market Hibs and Scottish football....and my CDs (just joking).
    Good post.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Good post.
    Haha! It must be pocket money day!