hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul McGinn

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. It’s when he had an easier time down the flanks he was generally rotten.
    More importantly, he had a pretty cool name, US rock star-style like Eddie Van Halen.

There should probably be a thread identifying what former Hibs players’ names might have meant as an alternative career.

Yannick Zambernardi suggests very expensive suits or designer knitted sweaters, as an example.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    More importantly, he had a pretty cool name, US rock star-style like Eddie Van Halen.

There should probably be a thread identifying what former Hibs players’ names might have meant as an alternative career.

Yannick Zambernardi suggests very expensive suits or designer knitted sweaters, as an example.
    I always imagined CWG having the exclusive rights to those......

Said he was a solid 7 every week. Another good game today. Mr consistent.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I've always thought we'll really suffer when Lewis Stevenson retires as you'll never find another defender who can consistently put in his level of work rate and 7/10 performances. Now we've got a season where Josh Doig looks really good and Paul McGinn really stakes his place to be amongst the first names on the team sheet.

Jack Ross clearly likes hard working players with a bit of skill about them - McGinn, Nisbet, Doidge, Gogic, Wright, Boyle and Newell have all either been signed by Ross or have benefited from lots of time on the pitch under him and their work ethic is a big part of their games.

I'm excited for the season or two ahead being frank, it's my sort of Hibs team.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Excellent again. Brilliant signing.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Solid 7/10 again. No mistakes, defends properly. Excellent

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He was excellent again today.

Was surprised he was able to carry on after the head knock but as my Grandad text me at half time 'all we've learnt is that Paul McGinn has a hard head'

I think the whole solid performance, 7/10 Every week chat for him is actually a bit insulting.

Thought he was brilliant again tonight, some big tackles/headers and really comfortable on the ball.

If he wasn’t called McGinn or signed from St Mirren he would be getting a lot more praise.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think the whole solid performance, 7/10 Every week chat for him is actually a bit insulting.

Thought he was brilliant again tonight, some big tackles/headers and really comfortable on the ball.

If he wasn’t called McGinn or signed from St Mirren he would be getting a lot more praise.
    Not sure being regarded as a solid performer every week is insulting regardless of his name or former club.

He’s been excellent in all three games. It’s because we have him that we were able to switch from a 4 to a 3 so easily as well.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    2nd behind Doig as my MOTM

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Agreed. I wasn't particularly enthused when he joined but been very impressed in the last few games.

First Team Breakthrough chasitup's Avatar
    I thought he was outstanding tonight.

I really like him, solid game again tonight. I was massively underwhelmed when we signed him but i’ll admit to having egg on my face, he’s so reliable and gives us great flexibility switching from a 4 to a 3 at the back throughout the game.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

Paul McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I really like him, solid game again tonight. I was massively underwhelmed when we signed him but i’ll admit to having egg on my face, he’s so reliable and gives us great flexibility switching from a 4 to a 3 at the back throughout the game.
    Yeah he made it to ‘he might do a job for a few games before we get the chance to get a proper signing’ level on my estimation meter when he arrived but pretty much from his first game he has shown he was well above that.

Another excellent performance tonight

@hibs.net private member
    After the head knock I'm sure the physio said to him his name was john.

He's going to be one of those guys who is a bit of an unsung hero. The players will love him and fans will appreciate him without ever really hero worshipping him.

Gets on with his job and is good at it. He also seems to have the same heart as his brother. A proper battler.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Excellent today. We look defensively pretty solid. Only worry is strength in depth when we need cover. Can under a lot of pressure tonight especially last 20 mins and all stood up well. Well done PM and co👍

How he got up from that head knock and carried on for the rest of the game unaffected is beyond me. Rock solid and showed some great composure and skill throughout.

He's a very important piece of the puzzle Jack is creating here.

Quote Originally Posted by Squealing pig View Post
    2nd behind Doig as my MOTM
    Good solid display as he does most weeks.

Jack ross man!!💚💚💚

We look very organised,if we were willing to throw some money at this it could be a special season.

Mcginn has slotted in superbly

Great performance tonight.

Think he is a better player than I have gave him credit for up to now.

Said last season he'll prove to be a very good signing. Very consistent player anyway and coming to Hibs will only improve him

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Murphy was 8s and 9s majority of his time at hibs. Class act. Extremely unfair to then compare him to a versatile, utility player who will step in when required and do a job. McGinn does the simple things well, and makes very little mistakes, 7 for me most weeks. There’s not many full backs in the league that come out on top against those two mentioned. Andy Considine has played 500 games for Aberdeen and is a mainstay at full back for the serial 3rd placers, he’s hardly a prime Murphy or Whittaker.

Murphy was ridiculous. One of the best players on the pitch more often than not.

McGinn is a very good option imo. Will nearly always win his individual battle.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    How he got up from that head knock and carried on for the rest of the game unaffected is beyond me. Rock solid and showed some great composure and skill throughout.

He's a very important piece of the puzzle Jack is creating here.

Totally agree with you HM. Most players after being clattered like that wouldn't have carried on.
    Hope he's enjoying life at Hibs. Great signing.

@hibs.net private member
    Better than “7/10” last night

@hibs.net private member
    Think McGinns being appreciated more and more each game playing really well just now as is the rest of the defence.

Just saw the challenge on him again on twitter and he’s lucky he escaped a serious injury there that guy had absolutely no chance of winning that ball how the ref didn’t see that as a red is frightening

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Think McGinns being appreciated more and more each game playing really well just now as is the rest of the defence.

Just saw the challenge on him again on twitter and he’s lucky he escaped a serious injury there that guy had absolutely no chance of winning that ball how the ref didn’t see that as a red is frightening
    Andy Whatsisface on Sky saying Robson was fully committed to the challenge, no mention of how bad a challenge it was. If that was the other way around,he would be calling for a red all day long. I don’t think he has a good word to say about Hibs!
    PS. Outstanding again McGinn and Doig.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    A class act and one of the first names on the team sheet.

I think Paul will always be compared (unfairly, as totally different types of players and positions) with our much beloved John McGinn. Paul McGinn has been very solid since he arrived and was immense last night.

Like the look of our defence this season - Gogic gives them much needed relief as well.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Paul has always looked a solid, reliable full back but last night he showed he's also a talented footballer. One of the first names on the team sheet now.

A successful team needs 2 solid full backs, and with Doig also impressing things are looking very positive, albeit it is very early days.