hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Funso Ojo

Blog Entries

Funso Ojo

First time i had seen him in (almost) a full game yesterday. Think we dodged a bullet there. Poor 1st touch, terrible passer of the ball & could give invisibility lessons to Brian Kerr. On a more general note, absolutely nothing to fear from Aberdeen this season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First time i had seen him in (almost) a full game yesterday. Think we dodged a bullet there. Poor 1st touch, terrible passer of the ball & could give invisibility lessons to Brian Kerr. On a more general note, absolutely nothing to fear from Aberdeen this season.
    He’s looked rotten every time I’ve saw him.

@hibs.net private member
    We did okay yesterday and were excellent in patches but I am not ready to suggest we have nothing to worry about from Aberdeen or any other club for that matter.
    I thought, in the early part of their game yesterday that the The Rangers looked fit and sharp. They simply did not give Aberdeen a moment on the ball and made them look poor. Both teams seemed to tire as it went on and I think that was the same in our game as well as what I saw from highlights of the other games.
    Outwith the two Glasgow teams I don’t think any club has managed a satisfactory pre-season so it will take a while to get going. Then we will see the potential in teams.
    With that in mind BBC highlights made it look like Livingston player are well behind. All looked slow and a little over weight. Maybe it was just the camera distorting things but Dykes looked ponderous for such a good prospect.

Would have been tied with Vela as Hecky's worst signing

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Funny thing is, both were brilliant signings on paper.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    If we finish above Aberdeen, that will be a decent achievement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    We did okay yesterday and were excellent in patches but I am not ready to suggest we have nothing to worry about from Aberdeen or any other club for that matter.
    I thought, in the early part of their game yesterday that the The Rangers looked fit and sharp. They simply did not give Aberdeen a moment on the ball and made them look poor. Both teams seemed to tire as it went on and I think that was the same in our game as well as what I saw from highlights of the other games.
    Outwith the two Glasgow teams I don’t think any club has managed a satisfactory pre-season so it will take a while to get going. Then we will see the potential in teams.
    With that in mind BBC highlights made it look like Livingston player are well behind. All looked slow and a little over weight. Maybe it was just the camera distorting things but Dykes looked ponderous for such a good prospect.
    I agree, I didn't mean to put Aberdeen down but normally I tend to overappreciate opposition players. Yesterday however I genuinely didn't see any player that stood out as someone to fear & I thought Ojo, Bryson & even Ferguson, were rotten. We outplayed them in all 3 games last season but we need to turn that domination into points.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree, I didn't mean to put Aberdeen down but normally I tend to overappreciate opposition players. Yesterday however I genuinely didn't see any player that stood out as someone to fear & I thought Ojo, Bryson & even Ferguson, were rotten. We outplayed them in all 3 games last season but we need to turn that domination into points.
    👍🏻 You got that right for sure

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Can you wait until next Sunday to slag off Livvy. 😁

Ojo gets a game infront of McGeouch 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Ojo gets a game infront of McGeouch 🙄
    Mcgeouch plays football. Has no business in a gang of hammer throwers like aberdeen.

Aberdeen were missing their two main strikers yesterday and were playing against the second best side in the country.

They'll improve and we'll be doing well to finish above them - something we haven't managed to do for 7 years.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Dons fans on P&B reckon he was by far their worst performer yesterday - and that hasnt been an isolated poor performance.

I do think Dylan M is utterly wasted up there.

As an aside yesterday, McKenna (again) looked average for a £7m man......................

Ojo was woeful but hagi tripping over himself a few times was just embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Bit harsh on Hecky bud. Neil Lennon was the one that tapped up Josh to come to Hibs and had sold Graeme Mathie on his merits. When Lennon worked his way out of Hibs, Mathie then brought Hecky in and Vela was highlighted as one who had already been identified as fitting a gap.

Poor English lower level type player, glad he’s at Aberdeen, keeping Dylan on the bench tae I see

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Can you wait until next Sunday to slag off Livvy. 😁
    I know what you are saying, I
    Superstitious too. I was careful to say “maybe it was the camera distorting things” 😉
    But really no teams outside of rantic have had a proper pre-season and I think it showed for all sides yesterday. My comments about Livi were meant to be empathetic rather than slagging them off. Honest 😏
    Last edited by CentreLine; 02-08-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    If we finish above Aberdeen, that will be a decent achievement.
    If we finish above Aberdeen then we’ll qualify for Europe.

Can u believe how hard we were chasing this boy a year ago?top target and pure guff!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Mcgeouch plays football. Has no business in a gang of hammer throwers like aberdeen.
    Makes Dylan choosing to go there all the more ridiculous. Twice now he has put finance ahead of his playing career. Loved him at Hibs but he's brought it all on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Can u believe how hard we were chasing this boy a year ago?top target and pure guff!
    Not seen him play, but if Ojo is pure guff then I'm just relieved that Heckingbottom didn't have a second choice to sign for that role.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

He didn't look good yesterday however when I did see him last season he looked okay.

Still glad we didn't get him though.

EZ

I don't think that Aberdeen are a side it is easy to look good in. Almost every time we play them I walk away being less than impressed but they have been between 2nd and 4th for 7 seasons now so it can't be a fluke. Either they are better collectively than we give them credit for, McInnes makes the team more than the sum of it's parts or they are a talented group of individuals. I'd argue it's probably a combination of all 3.

It's easy to watch their game yesterday and say we have nothing to fear. However if any of their fans watched our game I'm sure they will be saying exactly the same about us and Kilmarnock. In the Scottish Premiership everyone has something to fear from every team because no game is a gimme and, outside the usual 2, no one is too big to get dragged into a battle at the wrong end of the table. We should be only too aware of that.

If we finish above Aberdeen this year then it will likely mean we are sitting in a European spot and that will mean we have had a successful season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I don't think that Aberdeen are a side it is easy to look good in. Almost every time we play them I walk away being less than impressed but they have been between 2nd and 4th for 7 seasons now so it can't be a fluke. Either they are better collectively than we give them credit for, McInnes makes the team more than the sum of it's parts or they are a talented group of individuals. I'd argue it's probably a combination of all 3.

It's easy to watch their game yesterday and say we have nothing to fear. However if any of their fans watched our game I'm sure they will be saying exactly the same about us and Kilmarnock. In the Scottish Premiership everyone has something to fear from every team because no game is a gimme and, outside the usual 2, no one is too big to get dragged into a battle at the wrong end of the table. We should be only too aware of that.

If we finish above Aberdeen this year then it will likely mean we are sitting in a European spot and that will mean we have had a successful season.
    Hard to argue with anything you say but I would suggest there's one more factor, namely that Aberdeen know how to work the game & the officials to their advantage. They commit series of niggly fouls to disrupt play but avoid cards by alternating the offenders, straight out of the Craig Levein playbook. They have been reasonably successful domestically but have alienated much of their support with their style of play & this has been reflected in their crowds. They are used to & expect success but I believe we have a great opportunity to finish above them this season. If Motherwell can do it so can we & we shouldn't be scared of the challenge.