hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Funso Ojo

  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,986
    Blog Entries
    1

    Funso Ojo

    First time i had seen him in (almost) a full game yesterday. Think we dodged a bullet there. Poor 1st touch, terrible passer of the ball & could give invisibility lessons to Brian Kerr. On a more general note, absolutely nothing to fear from Aberdeen this season.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,606
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First time i had seen him in (almost) a full game yesterday. Think we dodged a bullet there. Poor 1st touch, terrible passer of the ball & could give invisibility lessons to Brian Kerr. On a more general note, absolutely nothing to fear from Aberdeen this season.
    Heís looked rotten every time Iíve saw him.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,988
    We did okay yesterday and were excellent in patches but I am not ready to suggest we have nothing to worry about from Aberdeen or any other club for that matter.
    I thought, in the early part of their game yesterday that the The Rangers looked fit and sharp. They simply did not give Aberdeen a moment on the ball and made them look poor. Both teams seemed to tire as it went on and I think that was the same in our game as well as what I saw from highlights of the other games.
    Outwith the two Glasgow teams I donít think any club has managed a satisfactory pre-season so it will take a while to get going. Then we will see the potential in teams.
    With that in mind BBC highlights made it look like Livingston player are well behind. All looked slow and a little over weight. Maybe it was just the camera distorting things but Dykes looked ponderous for such a good prospect.

  5. #4
    Would have been tied with Vela as Hecky's worst signing

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would have been tied with Vela as Hecky's worst signing
    Funny thing is, both were brilliant signings on paper.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    52
    Posts
    20,328
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First time i had seen him in (almost) a full game yesterday. Think we dodged a bullet there. Poor 1st touch, terrible passer of the ball & could give invisibility lessons to Brian Kerr. On a more general note, absolutely nothing to fear from Aberdeen this season.
    If we finish above Aberdeen, that will be a decent achievement.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We did okay yesterday and were excellent in patches but I am not ready to suggest we have nothing to worry about from Aberdeen or any other club for that matter.
    I thought, in the early part of their game yesterday that the The Rangers looked fit and sharp. They simply did not give Aberdeen a moment on the ball and made them look poor. Both teams seemed to tire as it went on and I think that was the same in our game as well as what I saw from highlights of the other games.
    Outwith the two Glasgow teams I donít think any club has managed a satisfactory pre-season so it will take a while to get going. Then we will see the potential in teams.
    With that in mind BBC highlights made it look like Livingston player are well behind. All looked slow and a little over weight. Maybe it was just the camera distorting things but Dykes looked ponderous for such a good prospect.
    I agree, I didn't mean to put Aberdeen down but normally I tend to overappreciate opposition players. Yesterday however I genuinely didn't see any player that stood out as someone to fear & I thought Ojo, Bryson & even Ferguson, were rotten. We outplayed them in all 3 games last season but we need to turn that domination into points.

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,988
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, I didn't mean to put Aberdeen down but normally I tend to overappreciate opposition players. Yesterday however I genuinely didn't see any player that stood out as someone to fear & I thought Ojo, Bryson & even Ferguson, were rotten. We outplayed them in all 3 games last season but we need to turn that domination into points.
    👍🏻 You got that right for sure

  10. #9
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,180
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We did okay yesterday and were excellent in patches but I am not ready to suggest we have nothing to worry about from Aberdeen or any other club for that matter.
    I thought, in the early part of their game yesterday that the The Rangers looked fit and sharp. They simply did not give Aberdeen a moment on the ball and made them look poor. Both teams seemed to tire as it went on and I think that was the same in our game as well as what I saw from highlights of the other games.
    Outwith the two Glasgow teams I donít think any club has managed a satisfactory pre-season so it will take a while to get going. Then we will see the potential in teams.
    With that in mind BBC highlights made it look like Livingston player are well behind. All looked slow and a little over weight. Maybe it was just the camera distorting things but Dykes looked ponderous for such a good prospect.
    Can you wait until next Sunday to slag off Livvy. 😁

  11. #10
    Ojo gets a game infront of McGeouch 🙄

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ojo gets a game infront of McGeouch 🙄
    Mcgeouch plays football. Has no business in a gang of hammer throwers like aberdeen.

  13. #12
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    39,591
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First time i had seen him in (almost) a full game yesterday. Think we dodged a bullet there. Poor 1st touch, terrible passer of the ball & could give invisibility lessons to Brian Kerr. On a more general note, absolutely nothing to fear from Aberdeen this season.
    Aberdeen were missing their two main strikers yesterday and were playing against the second best side in the country.

    They'll improve and we'll be doing well to finish above them - something we haven't managed to do for 7 years.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,012
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First time i had seen him in (almost) a full game yesterday. Think we dodged a bullet there. Poor 1st touch, terrible passer of the ball & could give invisibility lessons to Brian Kerr. On a more general note, absolutely nothing to fear from Aberdeen this season.
    Dons fans on P&B reckon he was by far their worst performer yesterday - and that hasnt been an isolated poor performance.

    I do think Dylan M is utterly wasted up there.

    As an aside yesterday, McKenna (again) looked average for a £7m man......................

  15. #14
    Ojo was woeful but hagi tripping over himself a few times was just embarrassing

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member RIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would have been tied with Vela as Hecky's worst signing
    Bit harsh on Hecky bud. Neil Lennon was the one that tapped up Josh to come to Hibs and had sold Graeme Mathie on his merits. When Lennon worked his way out of Hibs, Mathie then brought Hecky in and Vela was highlighted as one who had already been identified as fitting a gap.
    No place for politics in football

  17. #16
    Poor English lower level type player, glad heís at Aberdeen, keeping Dylan on the bench tae I see

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,988
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you wait until next Sunday to slag off Livvy. 😁
    I know what you are saying, I
    Superstitious too. I was careful to say ďmaybe it was the camera distorting thingsĒ 😉
    But really no teams outside of rantic have had a proper pre-season and I think it showed for all sides yesterday. My comments about Livi were meant to be empathetic rather than slagging them off. Honest 😏
    Last edited by CentreLine; 02-08-2020 at 01:06 PM.

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we finish above Aberdeen, that will be a decent achievement.
    If we finish above Aberdeen then weíll qualify for Europe.

  20. #19
    Can u believe how hard we were chasing this boy a year ago?top target and pure guff!

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mcgeouch plays football. Has no business in a gang of hammer throwers like aberdeen.
    Makes Dylan choosing to go there all the more ridiculous. Twice now he has put finance ahead of his playing career. Loved him at Hibs but he's brought it all on himself.

  22. #21
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    9,313
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can u believe how hard we were chasing this boy a year ago?top target and pure guff!
    Not seen him play, but if Ojo is pure guff then I'm just relieved that Heckingbottom didn't have a second choice to sign for that role.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  23. #22
    First Team Regular eezyrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    532
    He didn't look good yesterday however when I did see him last season he looked okay.

    Still glad we didn't get him though.

    EZ

  24. #23
    I don't think that Aberdeen are a side it is easy to look good in. Almost every time we play them I walk away being less than impressed but they have been between 2nd and 4th for 7 seasons now so it can't be a fluke. Either they are better collectively than we give them credit for, McInnes makes the team more than the sum of it's parts or they are a talented group of individuals. I'd argue it's probably a combination of all 3.

    It's easy to watch their game yesterday and say we have nothing to fear. However if any of their fans watched our game I'm sure they will be saying exactly the same about us and Kilmarnock. In the Scottish Premiership everyone has something to fear from every team because no game is a gimme and, outside the usual 2, no one is too big to get dragged into a battle at the wrong end of the table. We should be only too aware of that.

    If we finish above Aberdeen this year then it will likely mean we are sitting in a European spot and that will mean we have had a successful season.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that Aberdeen are a side it is easy to look good in. Almost every time we play them I walk away being less than impressed but they have been between 2nd and 4th for 7 seasons now so it can't be a fluke. Either they are better collectively than we give them credit for, McInnes makes the team more than the sum of it's parts or they are a talented group of individuals. I'd argue it's probably a combination of all 3.

    It's easy to watch their game yesterday and say we have nothing to fear. However if any of their fans watched our game I'm sure they will be saying exactly the same about us and Kilmarnock. In the Scottish Premiership everyone has something to fear from every team because no game is a gimme and, outside the usual 2, no one is too big to get dragged into a battle at the wrong end of the table. We should be only too aware of that.

    If we finish above Aberdeen this year then it will likely mean we are sitting in a European spot and that will mean we have had a successful season.
    Hard to argue with anything you say but I would suggest there's one more factor, namely that Aberdeen know how to work the game & the officials to their advantage. They commit series of niggly fouls to disrupt play but avoid cards by alternating the offenders, straight out of the Craig Levein playbook. They have been reasonably successful domestically but have alienated much of their support with their style of play & this has been reflected in their crowds. They are used to & expect success but I believe we have a great opportunity to finish above them this season. If Motherwell can do it so can we & we shouldn't be scared of the challenge.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)