hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportscene

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think its generally fine with the odd funny.

Thompson amused me when he said that Hibs would be pleased with their 2 clean sheets so far
    And I’m sure he’s still saying “Nesbitt” 😡 anything for a nitpick !

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Agreed. I thought that compared to Thompson, Maloney & Gordon were articulate & vibrant! No sign of the Marv tackle though. While I don't have a problem with that on it's own, last week they showed the much milder challenge by McGinn which McFadden thought was a red! If Porteous had made that tackle on Saturday it would have been analysed to death with every punter telling us it was a certain red & Ryan has to learn quickly etc etc. Unsurprisingly no sign of Marvin. It would actually have made good TV to ask Marv to analyse his own tackle but that's far too cutting edge for BBC Scotland!
    Agree disappointing not to have the tackle as was clearly one of the most controversial moments of the game and simply has to be analysed. There was also a tackle they reviewed in Well United match. Seems very selective and obviously as a Hibby the fact they didn't review our penalty shout last week as well is even more annoying.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree disappointing not to have the tackle as was clearly one of the most controversial moments of the game and simply has to be analysed. There was also a tackle they reviewed in Well United match. Seems very selective and obviously as a Hibby the fact they didn't review our penalty shout last week as well is even more annoying.
    Very little, if any, discussion on Livi’s phantom penalty award either. Would have been good to have seen that discussed (as well as the one they should have had moments later).
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Big Chris Iwelumo (sp) was good on the Saturday night show.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Yep,impressive.

Craig Gordon drab as they come.

Yeah he was very good

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Craig Gordon drab as they come.
    Actually thought it was Craig Levein until I saw it was Gordon

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Speaks very well. Seen him on the Football League Show before on 5. Good pundit.

Just watched Sportscene which was woeful. The highlights missed several Hibs chances, ie, Mallan's superb pass with outside of foot that found Paul McGinn who shot wide, Kevin Nisbet's great cross which just evaded Christian Doidge, the Hibs' break when we were 4 on 2 but Kevin Nisbet passed to Christian Doidge and he was dispossessed, Melker Hallberg's looping header near the end. (off the top of my head, I think there were more)

Instead they showed several Killie 'chances' that were nowhere near scoring.

The commentator also said that Joe Newell should have hit the target with his early volley.

Steven Thomson said that Kilmarnock didn't have a shot on target yet Kevin Nisbet cleared the ball off the line from Kiltie's shot in the first half.

No sign of Kambamba twice catching Ryan Porteous in the face or Power fouling Martin Boyle as he was breaking clear then commiting a bad challenge on Stevie Mallan.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    Steven Thomson said that Kilmarnock didn't have a shot on target yet Kevin Nisbet cleared the ball off the line from Kiltie's shot in the first half.
    I think it’s only “officially” counted as a shot on target if the goalie saves it. It is from a betting perspective anyway:

· Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).

Not sure the Sportscene guys were using this definition or not. Probably just forgot about it tbf
    Last edited by BoomtownHibees; 25-10-2020 at 09:43 AM.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Just watched Sportscene which was woeful. The highlights missed several Hibs chances, ie, Mallan's superb pass with outside of foot that found Paul McGinn who shot wide, Kevin Nisbet's great cross which just evaded Christian Doidge, the Hibs' break when we were 4 on 2 but Kevin Nisbet passed to Christian Doidge and he was dispossessed, Melker Hallberg's looping header near the end. (off the top of my head, I think there were more)

The commentator also said that Joe Newell should have hit the target with his early volley.

No sign of Kambamba twice catching Ryan Porteous in the face or Power fouling Martin Boyle as he was breaking clear then commiting a bad challenge on Stevie Mallan.
    Quite happy with that, hopefully Jambos assume we made next to no chances and we do them next week.

Quite happy with that, hopefully Jambos assume we made next to no chances and we do them next week.
    They’ve almost had their whole team on the show analysing Hibs since the season started 😂

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Seeing as their manager was in the stand,I very much doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    Seeing as their manager was in the stand,I very much doubt it.
    Didn't realise who it was until noticed he was wearing a Hearts jacket, how classy.

Watched the extended highlights last night and thought they were dicks saying it was a tight evenly balanced scrappy game. What did they see/not see? We were by far the better team, played some nice football, and on another day it could easily have been 3-0 or more.
    Mind, it was good to hear Naismith say Doidge was right to go down, even after taking a stride, and force the ref to make a decision. He's gone up in my estimations. He's now just a prick, not a big prick.
    Telling too that there are no comments on the "player watch" thread about any Killie players.

Having a decent highlights programme shouldn't be rocket science, three presenters with a bit of knowledge, passion, personality and chemistry coupled with clips of a football match. Its not like the the BBC can't do it, match of the day is a prime example. An excellent programme that is only let down by the endless amount of VAR chat.
    And its not as if those people aren't out there, Nevin is a great pundit, McCoist has the personality, Collins is a expert reader of games. Out of the pundits used this season only Iwelumo looks like he actually enjoys watching football and only Stewart actually says anything interesting.

Even the commentary on the games themselves, I want to hear excitement and a bit of fun. This is our games biggest and most accessible advert, not too many would buy a ticket based on that sales pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I think it’s only “officially” counted as a shot on target if the goalie saves it. It is from a betting perspective anyway:

· Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).

Not sure the Sportscene guys were using this definition or not. Probably just forgot about it tbf
    There was also a save by rocky in the first half which I thought was a shot on target, the one where he seemed to punch it away volleyball style.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post

I wonder if it's counted as a blocked shot rather than a "save"

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Naismith is so nasal and miserable to listen to, and he looks like a shaved bawbag which doesn't help...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...pology-3014750

glad one Chairman has the nuts to take a broadcaster to task.

@hibs.net private member
    An advert for the semi final was on BBC Scotland yesterday. It cuts to a commentator holding a microphone. He is wearing a maroon tartan scarf.

Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    An advert for the semi final was on BBC Scotland yesterday. It cuts to a commentator holding a microphone. He is wearing a maroon tartan scarf.

Nuff said.

Is it on terrestrial TV?

@hibs.net private member
    Is it on terrestrial TV?
    Bbc

Bbc
    Probably that bawbag Paul Mitchell with the scarf then - he is a Jambo throbber.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Bbc
    But are they a terrestrial channel? The football folk are usually on a different planet
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...pology-3014750

glad one Chairman has the nuts to take a broadcaster to task.
    This plus the ridiculous coverage of our game v Rangers when 2 ex Rangers players were on sums up the obsessive old firm agenda. Well done on Cormack speaking out. Very watchable game as was ours v Rangers.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    It comes as no surprise, every other team in the league are no more than opposition for one of the Old Firm as far as SKY are concerned.

McCann is a balloon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunswickbill View Post
    McCann is a balloon.
    That's an insult to balloons.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk