hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was good - few wee teething problems but overall a decent experience.

There's a big opportunity to make a very marketable Hibs TV product - I don't think Hibs TV has ever felt like an essential purchase but if you took those production values into creating regular content then I think you'd see a big chunk of Hibs fans willing to pay monthly for it.
    And a few ads at ht etc, brings in a few pennies too

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I thought it was good - few wee teething problems but overall a decent experience.

There's a big opportunity to make a very marketable Hibs TV product - I don't think Hibs TV has ever felt like an essential purchase but if you took those production values into creating regular content then I think you'd see a big chunk of Hibs fans willing to pay monthly for it.
    Would be a good option for things that aren’t covered by a TV deal and broadcast restrictions like pre-season friendlies, reserve and youth games and the womans team.

Even things like the Betfred Cup could allow non-televised games to be broadcast in the same way with the PPV money brought in split between the teams involved in the same way ticket money would be.

@hibs.net private member
    Is it only the match day games season tickets holders get to watch today. I thought we were getting Hibs TV for free as well but I could be mistaken on that one - if so, how do we login in. I had a look and it said I should use my HibsPass but then I couldn`t find anything else to watch lol

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Is it only the match day games season tickets holders get to watch today. I thought we were getting Hibs TV for free as well but I could be mistaken on that one - if so, how do we login in. I had a look and it said I should use my HibsPass but then I couldn`t find anything else to watch lol
    I’m sure it said they would send out separate log-ins for that content

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I’m sure it said they would send out separate log-ins for that content
    Aye, it would help if I actually read all the email that Hibs sent out lol

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    For a first show I thought it was excellent I’m sure there’ll be improvements as we go. Best thing for me though, apart from the result, was I didn’t have to queue for a pee at half time 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    If you watch it in the mirror, isn't everything backwards???????
    Aye, and Killie won 2-1!

As a 8 year veteran of Hibs TV (international) I’ve always been a big supporter of the product. It’s come a Long way in the 8 years, from streaming quality to the chat the Hibs TV team have given pre-Match, HT and post game although post match was always a very brief summary from cliff before signing off.
    For many of you, today was your first experience so maybe interesting (maybe not) to note my comparison.

You need to excuse me if I get any of this wrong but I believe Hibs TV has mostly ‘employed’ free labour, media students etc to gain experience so there were many different voices over the Seasons. Sometimes not polished in presentation or asking questions but you could hear them learning and you could hear the improvement over the years.

Match commentary
    Cliff - thank the lord it’s still his dulcet tones on the mic through the game. Wonderful passion and commentary for Hibs TV. Hibs TV would not be the same without him waxing over the proceedings. My son said “ah there he is” as he started his pre-kick off chatter. Legend!!!

Keith@leithsansiro - cliffs regular sidekick. Where is he now? Tam was a good sidekick as a co-commentator today but we regularly enjoyed a special guest along side Cliff and Keith. Maybe an injured player for example. My question would be where has Keith gone and is there still room for him along side Cliff and Tam? (Keith could just be on holiday or maybe got another job as far as I know but just saying).

Pre-match/HT/ FT
    Today proceedings started 15 mins earlier than we are used to with a ‘studio’ which was situated around the normal police box area in the south stand. It was different for sure. Kind of looked like it was thrown together last minute though. I would question if looking at this studio was better value than having the video camera panning around the pitch/warm up while just listening to the Hibs TV team chatting over the build up to the game, usual stuff, players in/out, opponents etc etc.
    Tanner - others have said it, he is a pro and gave a performance of one. He isn’t Hibs though and I thought that showed. David Gray gets mentioned, tanner whispered “sir David Gray in these parts” or something like that in such a quiet inaudible Whisper that Jo had no idea what he said. He didn’t mean it, condescending was my thought. Look, he is a pro. He isn’t Hibs. The question is - is he providing value add to the service at the cost he comes with vs the previous model that was perfectly good. The extra 15 mins of chatter, great. Does it need his face on it? Does it need anyone’s face on it? The pitch is perfectly beautiful as we saw today.
    Tam is great, jo is great. Do they need the stress of being on camera? They may both be perfectly happy and more natural without the camera. Neither are trained for being on camera as far as I know. It was a touch awkward to watch at times when actually the sound would have been perfectly fine without a camera.

Extra stuff - ads, perfectly good. Videos from training, manager chat etc etc. Excellent. Again, didn’t need a studio to add this content.

Overall, Hibs TV continues to deliver. Does it need a studio??. In a time when money is tight do we need to be paying a professional presenter????

Overall, a more costly presentation and most of the really good additions didn’t really require any extra cost in my opinion.

Some small things the team will learn from, sound quality etc. Small things that didn’t make a huge difference (not at my end anyway).

TOP of the league. Could of been better in the pitch but it’s a start!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    He's a Hun, apparently
    I don't care his comment welcome to Easter Road the home of the only premier league team in Edinburgh. He's a top bloke 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFranck View Post
    I don't care his comment welcome to Easter Road the home of the only premier league team in Edinburgh. He's a top bloke 👍
    It was amusing when he said “Boyles first double since his one against Hearts, remember them?”

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    As a 8 year veteran of Hibs TV (international) I’ve always been a big supporter of the product. It’s come a Long way in the 8 years, from streaming quality to the chat the Hibs TV team have given pre-Match, HT and post game although post match was always a very brief summary from cliff before signing off.
    For many of you, today was your first experience so maybe interesting (maybe not) to note my comparison.

You need to excuse me if I get any of this wrong but I believe Hibs TV has mostly ‘employed’ free labour, media students etc to gain experience so there were many different voices over the Seasons. Sometimes not polished in presentation or asking questions but you could hear them learning and you could hear the improvement over the years.

Match commentary
    Cliff - thank the lord it’s still his dulcet tones on the mic through the game. Wonderful passion and commentary for Hibs TV. Hibs TV would not be the same without him waxing over the proceedings. My son said “ah there he is” as he started his pre-kick off chatter. Legend!!!

Keith@leithsansiro - cliffs regular sidekick. Where is he now? Tam was a good sidekick as a co-commentator today but we regularly enjoyed a special guest along side Cliff and Keith. Maybe an injured player for example. My question would be where has Keith gone and is there still room for him along side Cliff and Tam? (Keith could just be on holiday or maybe got another job as far as I know but just saying).

Pre-match/HT/ FT
    Today proceedings started 15 mins earlier than we are used to with a ‘studio’ which was situated around the normal police box area in the south stand. It was different for sure. Kind of looked like it was thrown together last minute though. I would question if looking at this studio was better value than having the video camera panning around the pitch/warm up while just listening to the Hibs TV team chatting over the build up to the game, usual stuff, players in/out, opponents etc etc.
    Tanner - others have said it, he is a pro and gave a performance of one. He isn’t Hibs though and I thought that showed. David Gray gets mentioned, tanner whispered “sir David Gray in these parts” or something like that in such a quiet inaudible Whisper that Jo had no idea what he said. He didn’t mean it, condescending was my thought. Look, he is a pro. He isn’t Hibs. The question is - is he providing value add to the service at the cost he comes with vs the previous model that was perfectly good. The extra 15 mins of chatter, great. Does it need his face on it? Does it need anyone’s face on it? The pitch is perfectly beautiful as we saw today.
    Tam is great, jo is great. Do they need the stress of being on camera? They may both be perfectly happy and more natural without the camera. Neither are trained for being on camera as far as I know. It was a touch awkward to watch at times when actually the sound would have been perfectly fine without a camera.

Extra stuff - ads, perfectly good. Videos from training, manager chat etc etc. Excellent. Again, didn’t need a studio to add this content.

Overall, Hibs TV continues to deliver. Does it need a studio??. In a time when money is tight do we need to be paying a professional presenter????

Overall, a more costly presentation and most of the really good additions didn’t really require any extra cost in my opinion.

Some small things the team will learn from, sound quality etc. Small things that didn’t make a huge difference (not at my end anyway).

Don’t much like Tanner if I’m being honest, wonder if we had considered Pat Nevin for that role given he would have more of a connection and interest in the club

For a debut effort from an in-house, largely new team, they did a superb job.

Transitions were really good quality, lots of angles and the wee bits of filler were an excellent touch. From all the folk chatting about it 'inevitably not working,' they've shown up really well.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Don’t much like Tanner if I’m being honest, wonder if we had considered Pat Nevin for that role given he would have more of a connection and interest in the club
    Pat is regularly on the BBC these days and he’s a pundit rather than a presenter.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Superb effort from Hibs on the TV front. Glad it all went to plan. Bar the odd stuttering in 1st half it worked great.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    It was amusing when he said “Boyles first double since his one against Hearts, remember them?”
    Playing to his audience; I like it.

I thought it was very good. There will always be one or two problems in this situation, but they did a really good job, IMHO.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I found the crowd noise very poor in the first half. Seemed to turn it off or tone it right down for the second half which solved the problem. I thought that the overall show was great, Well done Hibs and the production team. And Tam was on his best behaviour.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Playing to his audience; I like it.

I thought it was very good. There will always be one or two problems in this situation, but they did a really good job, IMHO.

Watched it on my laptop. Login flawless. First class video on stream 1. Sound quality occasionally drifting but overall - well done Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunswickbill View Post
    I found the crowd noise very poor in the first half. Seemed to turn it off or tone it right down for the second half which solved the problem. I thought that the overall show was great, Well done Hibs and the production team. And Tam was on his best behaviour.
    I’m no expert but i did wonder if the crowd noise which I believe was over Tannoy had some impact on the sound quality overall in the first half. The crowd noise did seem lower 2nd half and the overall sound was much better. Nae idea if connected or just coincidence

Very good feedback in here (club looking in will appreciate it) - I will pass verbatim and more too onto the club, each game in this manner being a learning opportunity ✅

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post

Match commentary

Pre-match/HT/ FT

I get what you're saying re the existing product, Cliff with Keith alongside him do a very good job. I think the club has taken the view that they want to make the product even better given that there were so many more of us watching and to give season ticket holders as much value for their season ticket investment as possible. I liked the additional pre-match build up and the half-time and post-match chat, which we don't normally get.

Cliff's 10-15 minute build-up is always good though I can't remember how long he got today before kick-off. That's the one thing I'd like not to change too much, give Cliff a decent amount of time and not just hand over to him a minute before kick-off.

Really looking forward to the next one.
    Last edited by 007; 01-08-2020 at 07:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Top marks. Few hitches but that’s to be expected. Great start and I’m sure it’ll go from strength to strength.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    The frame stuttering/drops were a bit irritating, but I'd rather take the dropping of a frame or two every couple seconds as the stream continues rather than large occasional frame drops.

Not sure if this is an issue with the bandwidth or if it's an issue with the encoding, but it does seem like an issue more with Hibs/SD than it does with end-users.

Other minor issue was with Tam's mic, seemed like for a while it was either too quiet or too loud.

It's not a massive deal breaker and overall the quality was very good, and all those involved deserve to be commended for their efforts

Seems there are a couple saying they are not fond of Tanner.

For what it's worth I thought I'd voice up the other side of things, I thought he was great. Brought a really professional side to things and not only that he even squeezed in a few pops at the Jumbos and sevco.

It was nice to listen to and watch a professional piece of coverage without the severe weegie bias that you usually have to put up with.

I struggled to take to Tanner but that aside, I thought the whole thing went very well. Slightly annoying stuttering picture in that 1st half but the 2nd was fine.

A good effort from all concerned.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I'm not as big a fan of Cliff as some on here. I appreciate that he's a volunteer and does a tremendous job for us that rely on Hibs TV, but he's often guilty of verbosity and at times would fit in pretty well with the much berated Malaprop sisters.

I do like both Keith & Dave, but I was pleased that Tam was with Cliff today as he didn't just agree with everything Cliff said and it was good that he corrected Cliff a couple of times.

I thought Tanner was quite good. Added a bit a professionalism to the thing and held it all together well.
    I have used Hibs TV internationally extensively when I've been travelling and couldn't get use of my ST and thought today was a big improvement, both during the match and the analysis that was added.
    Particularly liked Tanner saying "what's the goalie dain Tam" in the post match analysis.
    Stream was almost flawless, bar a few jitters in the last 15 mins of the first half, but was uninterrupted the whole time.
    I'd take more of the same quite happily until I'm back in Easter Road

Most importantly we were able to log in easily and never lost the stream at any point.
    Big thumbs up for that especially being the 1st game. Well done all.

Commentary from Cliff was fine as usual but almost kicked the telly in when the phrase "big unit" was uttered for the 5th time.

Lots of issues with the sound which i am confident will improve next time.

David Tanner was okay but probably not worth what they are paying him. Joelle and Tam weren't very interesting, however, i am pleased Joelle is getting the chance to be a pundit and she did well. Tam needs to up his game and entertain us when in the studio but was fine when he was beside Cliff.

Overall no issues that won't improve next time out and it sounds like we all saw and heard the whole game which is all that really mattered.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    The lingering shot during one of the video packages of SDG in the shadows of the green neon lit tunnel was, as I believe the kids say, ******* EPIC.

Had it on the telly through the PlayStation, worked perfectly.

The stream was a bit stuttery 1st half but overall the coverage, commentary etc was excellent.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought the product was great.

Really impressed with the whole package. Tanner was good and I thought Joelle spoke very well. Tam was decent too apart from the time he was criticising Nisbet for not holding the ball up after yet another aimless shell from Marciano or drey wright bouncing the ball into him at 100mph. Tam your forgetting we seen your hold up play...

Overall the only thing that spoiled it was the stream itself. From about 30mins to half time ours was extremely jumpy and became almost un watchable. I never have issues with streaming matches previously Amazon prime for example. Was this an issue at Hibs end? If so needs sorted asap.