hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I had a great picture and was just watching it on my I phone A few times it stuck but only fir a few seconds Was impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

I agree about the studio. Surely the lighting can be improved or lmaybe a bad idea filming into light? Though it’s a great view of the stadium.

Personally would rather just see the players warming up on the pitch for 30 mins with any bits in between.

I absolutely loved the video at half time - another poster mentioned David Gray in the tunnel. That video needs wider coverage. (ST video?)

Maybe with Ron’s media side he will have content on the big screens one day if they ever get installed.

Can anyone comment about the noise in the stadium ? Is this a league wide thing with noise being played though or do clubs get to decide ? I know some players in England trialled it and really didn’t like it - hence sky adding it on or having channels where it’s not on.

Finally any suggestions as I felt the picture was a bit darker than the laptop - is it tv settings or ?
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 02-08-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Overall coverage was decent.

Not a fan of Tanner's style tbh but that's personal preference. Hes a bit safe and dull imo but hes very competent.

Like Hibs on the park today a successful first outing with room for improvement. Im sure some of the initial glitches will be ironed out as it beds in.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I thought it was pretty good overall. Had a bit of buffering but nothing too bad

Only downside for me was the commentary. When Hibs changed to a back 4 after 30 mins or so, I don’t think Cliff and Tam picked up on it at all? Maybe I missed some comments but they seemed oblivious to something that was well worth discussing. A minor moan overall

It dropped out a few time for me. But quality was good overall. Not sure about the studio guests. I’d really like someone who give proper analysis of our line up and how we will play.

My sound conked out for a while a while at half-time, so...

Who was the bloke (presumably) being interviewed just before the 2nd half started?
    Last edited by Keith_M; 03-08-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Who was the fat bloke (presumably) being interviewed just before the 2nd half started?
    A bit harsh....

That was Fred Legett (sp) He started up the Hibs supporters club in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    It dropped out a few time for me. But quality was good overall. Not sure about the studio guests. I’d really like someone who give proper analysis of our line up and how we will play.
    Agreed - don’t think Tam or Joelle gave much depth - found them pretty boring - also I’m not a fan of Tams style on twitter etc. If they are doing this for free fine but if they are getting paid then I would expect more. Would be better to have guests who don’t sit on the fence as much - obviously Joelle is employed by foundation so won’t say anything too controversial. But just some more tactical analysis would be better - get the tactics board out!

Who was the fat bloke (presumably) being interviewed just before the 2nd half started?
    Is this personal insult needed ?

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Thought the coverage was pretty decent , a couple of burblings on sound at start and Tam and Joelle need to smile more when on camera. Thought it was slightly amusing when David Tanner couldnt get his tongue round "Happy Hibee Half Time Draw" at half time. Next game is away to Livingston and we are supposed to be able to get it on PPV with away commentary , does anyone know how. Next 4 games after that or maybe 5 are on Sky so dont know when I will be using service again.

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Cannot say I’m a fan of Tanner, just didn’t work for me. Bring back Boozy !!!! Use to love it when Boozy commentated, mad as a hatter but Hibs through and through.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big90inOz View Post
    Cannot say I’m a fan of Tanner, just didn’t work for me. Bring back Boozy !!!! Use to love it when Boozy commentated, mad as a hatter but Hibs through and through.
    He’s the assistant manager at Hamilton, so hardly likely to be a commentator on Hibs TV just now

Coaching Staff

I thought he was pretty good myself😉

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Once we are back to attending in person I'd be quite happy to pay £18 per month if there was a replay at say 8pm and 10pm that night and the quality was similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Would you describe yourself as neutral in the matter?

Came over well and spoke fluently, which can be a challenge if you're not used to it.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Would you describe yourself as neutral in the matter?

Came over well and spoke fluently, which can be a challenge if you're not used to it.
    Totally unbiased.

Pretty decent start for a first broadcast to a much bigger ‘tv audience’ than usual. 7 or 8 out of 10.

I watched first half via my Firestick on to main TV but the sound and picture was ‘unwatchable’. I put that down to the Firestick and TV combination (they are, like myself, older models) and not the actual transmission by HibsTV. Watched the 2nd half directly on my iPad. Smooth as you like and much better picture, which I think proved my thought on my Firestick/TV combo not being ideal.

Will try a laptop direct to tv on HDMI next time. Possibly even cast the iPad via Apple TV box.

From a personal point of view, trial and error will get me there.

Meantime, thanks to HibsTV and Stream Digital for their efforts in what was essentially a step into the unknown for them, certainly as far number of viewers was concerned.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Pretty decent start for a first broadcast to a much bigger ‘tv audience’ than usual. 7 or 8 out of 10.

I watched first half via my Firestick on to main TV but the sound and picture was ‘unwatchable’. I put that down to the Firestick and TV combination (they are, like myself, older models) and not the actual transmission by HibsTV. Watched the 2nd half directly on my iPad. Smooth as you like and much better picture, which I think proved my thought on my Firestick/TV combo not being ideal.

Will try a laptop direct to tv on HDMI next time. Possibly even cast the iPad via Apple TV box.

From a personal point of view, trial and error will get me there.

Meantime, thanks to HibsTV and Stream Digital for their efforts in what was essentially a step into the unknown for them, certainly as far number of viewers was concerned.
    Firestick was absolutely fine for me. Were you using the Silk browser?

He got the highest ratings of the day.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post

Absolutely fine with me as well.

There was a 10 minute spell in the first half when both the sound & picture quality deteriorated but it soon picked up again.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Well done Sir, thought you spoke very well indeed.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    Well done Sir, thought you spoke very well indeed.
    Certainly did. Very natural.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    No real complaints from me given it was the first game.

No connection problems but the picture & sound stuttered a little a couple of times but it didn't really spoil the game.
    Studio lighting could be brighter.
    Tanner brought a wealth of experience as a presenter and was ok.
    Joelle & Tam were fine and I think will settle well into their roles.
    Tam was better whilst commentating beside Cliff and said a lot of things I was thinking.
    Cliff was, well, Cliff was Cliff.
    I liked the half time chat with the bloke from Oz. I think it would be an idea to do this sort of thing regularly with fans from around the world.
    The graphics were decent.

Overall they got of to a good start and with a bit of fine tuning it will be better.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Ye enjoyed the fan input at HT. the guy spoke well

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Ye enjoyed the fan input at HT. the guy spoke well
    I think that having that kind of fan interaction is a great way to connect to the support. I thought it was a great idea.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Like some others, I've been watching HibsTV for a long time.

For a completely new system and a lot more going on, they pulled it off really well.

As people have said, the issue with the stream for about 20 mins or so was not ideal, but got fixed. Few other small glitches with sound and sound levels also got sorted pretty quickly.

Personally, I thought the host and cohosts were good. They focused on the football, made intelligent comments and came across well. Joelle was a little nervous and could do with some coaching to stop her looking at her notes as much as she did, but I think that will come as she gets more confident. Also good to have a women on there too I think.

The studio set up needs work. It wasn't so much the lighting for me, more the tables, the wires going into plugs, the angle of the camera. I realise options and budgets are limited, but I think there is room to create a better designed set - even if it was just central table for them all to sit around, like sky have done. So much better actually seeing people, than just listening to the talk

Cliff and Tam were good in the commentary. I liked Keith but there was room to be better and I think this new set up was of a higher standard. I'm not a fan of people acting daft while calling the game, so liked the balance of commentary they had.

Was great to hear from the boy in Aus - would like to see that as a regular feature, seeing as we don't have The Wall anymore. Hearing from Hibs fans across the world.

Anyway, well done to Hibs and their partners for pulling this off. Really keen to see how they develop and enhance this new online viewing experience as the season goes on.

First Team Breakthrough
    I did too , well done Fred

Well done Fred, more interesting than the pundits.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

Absolutely fine with me as well.

There was a 10 minute spell in the first half when both the sound & picture quality deteriorated but it soon picked up again.
    Yeah - I was using Silk. Is that best or should I switch to Firefox?

It was the sound and picture stuttering in first half that made me switch to iPad only in 2nd half.
    Maybe I should have persevered with Silk if you say it got better.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ozhibs View Post
    I did too , well done Fred
    Thanks Dad...