hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

HibsPass Production Values

I was impressed with the coverage from the game today. There are definitely some teething problems with bandwidth and microphone volume, but overall I thought it was very professional. Especially the graphics, and videos.

Well done hibs

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Biggest improvement for me was the addition of multiple camera angles!

Bearing in mind we’re a football team and not a broadcasting company, I thought it was excellent.

Well done everyone involved.

Loved every minute of that, missed around 10mins trying fix the stream mid first half but the overall experience was first class.. All 4 pundits we’re great 3 pure hibees tae helps
    Well done all involved oh wait
    We are top 💚

Had a few issues with the stream and I've said on another thread that they could maybe make the studio a bit less non descript, but for a first effort, it wasn't too bad at all.

For an in-house production it was fantastic. There was always likely to be a few teething troubles, but I’m sure they’ll have them ironed out next time.

David Tanner is a great host and holds it together very professionally, Tam and Joelle were good value, Cliff is a good commentator and I thought Fred’s half time analysis from Oz was better than most ex-pros on the telly do it

9/10 for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For an in-house production it was fantastic. There was always likely to be a few teething troubles, but I’m sure they’ll have them ironed out next time.

David Tanner is a great host and holds it together very professionally, Tam and Joelle were good value, Cliff is a good commentator and I thought Fred’s half time analysis from Oz was better than most ex-pros on the telly do it

9/10 for me today.
    I must admit I was impressed.

First time I've really listened to Tam, but I thought he spoke very well and was interesting to listen too.

Joelle spoke very well too. It was good that both her and Tam are Hibs fans so could relate to those watching.

David Tanner is such a good pro. Amazing that he's doing Hibs TV. Is he a Hibs fan?

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I must admit I was impressed.

First time I've really listened to Tam, but I thought he spoke very well and was interesting to listen too.

Joelle spoke very well too. It was good that both her and Tam are Hibs fans so could relate to those watching.

David Tanner is such a good pro. Amazing that he's doing Hibs TV. Is he a Hibs fan?
    Hearts fan I believe but did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Hearts fan ? Why wasn’t he doing heartstv today?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    He's a Hun, apparently

Fantastic job by the club, solid 8/10 for me.

I had issues with the stream and audio jumping for about half of the first half, but from 2nd half on it was perfect. Also the production value and extras were properly well done, club deserve some real credit!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I was mightily relieved at 2.30 when the broadcast went live . Not a bad first effort at all. I'll be back.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I was disappointed in the picture but everything else was great. I was surprised at Cliff, never took to his style before but I thought he toned it down a bit today and was much better. Tam is excellent.

Can't say I enjoyed it though!

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Excellent coverage, well done to everyone involved.

First Team Breakthrough
    I've mentioned it on another thread, but they need to light the presenter/guests in the studio. With all the light from behind through the window it made it difficult to see faces. There was a bit of distortion on some of the microphones as well, but without knowing the audio kit they are using it's difficult to suggest improvements. On the whole though, a solid start, and very enjoyable.

A few issues throughout but overall it was passable.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Well done Hibs and Co, this was great today, keep it up

Stream was laggy however I was watching on a 4G in Spain so considering I would say it was excellent. Very good product

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Image quality excellent. Sound a bit fishy at times. Overall given I'm casting from PC to TV cant complain and will be happy to watch until were back to the stadium.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I thought it was good - few wee teething problems but overall a decent experience.

There's a big opportunity to make a very marketable Hibs TV product - I don't think Hibs TV has ever felt like an essential purchase but if you took those production values into creating regular content then I think you'd see a big chunk of Hibs fans willing to pay monthly for it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I thought it was good - few wee teething problems but overall a decent experience.

There's a big opportunity to make a very marketable Hibs TV product - I don't think Hibs TV has ever felt like an essential purchase but if you took those production values into creating regular content then I think you'd see a big chunk of Hibs fans willing to pay monthly for it.
    And a few ads at ht etc, brings in a few pennies too

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Would be a good option for things that aren’t covered by a TV deal and broadcast restrictions like pre-season friendlies, reserve and youth games and the womans team.

Even things like the Betfred Cup could allow non-televised games to be broadcast in the same way with the PPV money brought in split between the teams involved in the same way ticket money would be.

@hibs.net private member
    Is it only the match day games season tickets holders get to watch today. I thought we were getting Hibs TV for free as well but I could be mistaken on that one - if so, how do we login in. I had a look and it said I should use my HibsPass but then I couldn`t find anything else to watch lol

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Is it only the match day games season tickets holders get to watch today. I thought we were getting Hibs TV for free as well but I could be mistaken on that one - if so, how do we login in. I had a look and it said I should use my HibsPass but then I couldn`t find anything else to watch lol
    I’m sure it said they would send out separate log-ins for that content

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I’m sure it said they would send out separate log-ins for that content
    Aye, it would help if I actually read all the email that Hibs sent out lol

I found the crowd noise very poor in the first half. Seemed to turn it off or tone it right down for the second half which solved the problem. I thought that the overall show was great, Well done Hibs and the production team. And Tam was on his best behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunswickbill View Post
    I found the crowd noise very poor in the first half. Seemed to turn it off or tone it right down for the second half which solved the problem. I thought that the overall show was great, Well done Hibs and the production team. And Tam was on his best behaviour.
    I’m no expert but i did wonder if the crowd noise which I believe was over Tannoy had some impact on the sound quality overall in the first half. The crowd noise did seem lower 2nd half and the overall sound was much better. Nae idea if connected or just coincidence

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    For a first show I thought it was excellent I’m sure there’ll be improvements as we go. Best thing for me though, apart from the result, was I didn’t have to queue for a pee at half time 😀

As a 8 year veteran of Hibs TV (international) I’ve always been a big supporter of the product. It’s come a Long way in the 8 years, from streaming quality to the chat the Hibs TV team have given pre-Match, HT and post game although post match was always a very brief summary from cliff before signing off.
    For many of you, today was your first experience so maybe interesting (maybe not) to note my comparison.

You need to excuse me if I get any of this wrong but I believe Hibs TV has mostly ‘employed’ free labour, media students etc to gain experience so there were many different voices over the Seasons. Sometimes not polished in presentation or asking questions but you could hear them learning and you could hear the improvement over the years.

Match commentary
    Cliff - thank the lord it’s still his dulcet tones on the mic through the game. Wonderful passion and commentary for Hibs TV. Hibs TV would not be the same without him waxing over the proceedings. My son said “ah there he is” as he started his pre-kick off chatter. Legend!!!

Keith@leithsansiro - cliffs regular sidekick. Where is he now? Tam was a good sidekick as a co-commentator today but we regularly enjoyed a special guest along side Cliff and Keith. Maybe an injured player for example. My question would be where has Keith gone and is there still room for him along side Cliff and Tam? (Keith could just be on holiday or maybe got another job as far as I know but just saying).

Pre-match/HT/ FT
    Today proceedings started 15 mins earlier than we are used to with a ‘studio’ which was situated around the normal police box area in the south stand. It was different for sure. Kind of looked like it was thrown together last minute though. I would question if looking at this studio was better value than having the video camera panning around the pitch/warm up while just listening to the Hibs TV team chatting over the build up to the game, usual stuff, players in/out, opponents etc etc.
    Tanner - others have said it, he is a pro and gave a performance of one. He isn’t Hibs though and I thought that showed. David Gray gets mentioned, tanner whispered “sir David Gray in these parts” or something like that in such a quiet inaudible Whisper that Jo had no idea what he said. He didn’t mean it, condescending was my thought. Look, he is a pro. He isn’t Hibs. The question is - is he providing value add to the service at the cost he comes with vs the previous model that was perfectly good. The extra 15 mins of chatter, great. Does it need his face on it? Does it need anyone’s face on it? The pitch is perfectly beautiful as we saw today.
    Tam is great, jo is great. Do they need the stress of being on camera? They may both be perfectly happy and more natural without the camera. Neither are trained for being on camera as far as I know. It was a touch awkward to watch at times when actually the sound would have been perfectly fine without a camera.

Extra stuff - ads, perfectly good. Videos from training, manager chat etc etc. Excellent. Again, didn’t need a studio to add this content.

Overall, Hibs TV continues to deliver. Does it need a studio??. In a time when money is tight do we need to be paying a professional presenter????

Overall, a more costly presentation and most of the really good additions didn’t really require any extra cost in my opinion.

Some small things the team will learn from, sound quality etc. Small things that didn’t make a huge difference (not at my end anyway).

TOP of the league. Could of been better in the pitch but it’s a start!!!

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    As a 8 year veteran of Hibs TV (international) I’ve always been a big supporter of the product. It’s come a Long way in the 8 years, from streaming quality to the chat the Hibs TV team have given pre-Match, HT and post game although post match was always a very brief summary from cliff before signing off.
    For many of you, today was your first experience so maybe interesting (maybe not) to note my comparison.

You need to excuse me if I get any of this wrong but I believe Hibs TV has mostly ‘employed’ free labour, media students etc to gain experience so there were many different voices over the Seasons. Sometimes not polished in presentation or asking questions but you could hear them learning and you could hear the improvement over the years.

Match commentary
    Cliff - thank the lord it’s still his dulcet tones on the mic through the game. Wonderful passion and commentary for Hibs TV. Hibs TV would not be the same without him waxing over the proceedings. My son said “ah there he is” as he started his pre-kick off chatter. Legend!!!

Keith@leithsansiro - cliffs regular sidekick. Where is he now? Tam was a good sidekick as a co-commentator today but we regularly enjoyed a special guest along side Cliff and Keith. Maybe an injured player for example. My question would be where has Keith gone and is there still room for him along side Cliff and Tam? (Keith could just be on holiday or maybe got another job as far as I know but just saying).

Pre-match/HT/ FT
    Today proceedings started 15 mins earlier than we are used to with a ‘studio’ which was situated around the normal police box area in the south stand. It was different for sure. Kind of looked like it was thrown together last minute though. I would question if looking at this studio was better value than having the video camera panning around the pitch/warm up while just listening to the Hibs TV team chatting over the build up to the game, usual stuff, players in/out, opponents etc etc.
    Tanner - others have said it, he is a pro and gave a performance of one. He isn’t Hibs though and I thought that showed. David Gray gets mentioned, tanner whispered “sir David Gray in these parts” or something like that in such a quiet inaudible Whisper that Jo had no idea what he said. He didn’t mean it, condescending was my thought. Look, he is a pro. He isn’t Hibs. The question is - is he providing value add to the service at the cost he comes with vs the previous model that was perfectly good. The extra 15 mins of chatter, great. Does it need his face on it? Does it need anyone’s face on it? The pitch is perfectly beautiful as we saw today.
    Tam is great, jo is great. Do they need the stress of being on camera? They may both be perfectly happy and more natural without the camera. Neither are trained for being on camera as far as I know. It was a touch awkward to watch at times when actually the sound would have been perfectly fine without a camera.

Extra stuff - ads, perfectly good. Videos from training, manager chat etc etc. Excellent. Again, didn’t need a studio to add this content.

Overall, Hibs TV continues to deliver. Does it need a studio??. In a time when money is tight do we need to be paying a professional presenter????

Overall, a more costly presentation and most of the really good additions didn’t really require any extra cost in my opinion.

Some small things the team will learn from, sound quality etc. Small things that didn’t make a huge difference (not at my end anyway).

TOP of the league. Could of been better in the pitch but it’s a start!!!

Don’t much like Tanner if I’m being honest, wonder if we had considered Pat Nevin for that role given he would have more of a connection and interest in the club