hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I am very excited. It has been so long now and we have new players to see. I am about to go to pick up my brother to bring over to watch with me. This will be his first time outside his house since shielding ended. He is registered blind and would see nothing if he went to ER but can see enough sitting close to a tv so I am excited for him as well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really
    Yes, for many fans of course it will.

I don't live in Scotland and wouldn't be at ER today anyway. Having a league match to look forward to every week, even under unusual circumstances, is a significant normaliser for football fans.

What's confusing about that?

First Team Breakthrough
    Have just seen see a picture, east stand looks nice with all the cardboard cutouts and flags.

@hibs.net private member Speedway's Avatar
    Excited for ? No

Excited about? Yes
    All of the above is 'IMO'

Not really feeling it so far. Trying to create a bit of atmosphere in the house with pies etc but having watched a few games without supporters it has been dull as ditch water. Mind you I'm a Hibs supporter these days not really a football supporter. It might be very different when it is my team on the TV with all the emotion that brings. Apologies in advance to the downstairs neighbour.

Hating it, not buzzing.

Friendlies were the start of missing games for first time in years. Can't compute not being there
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Hating it, not buzzing.

Friendlies were the start of missing games for first time in years. Can't compute not being there
    I'm not quite on your level but it's bothering me too. Missing first home game since 14/15 season.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Looking forward to it but concerned Jack will flounder without my shouted insights during the game. Plus the folk around me will miss my analysis of the refereeís clear incompetency and possible membership of various groups.

There will be a tear in the eye when Lewis looks up and I am not there. Poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Hating it, not buzzing.

I was thinking it will be the first one you have missed for a while. Can you remember the last one you missed?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Watching the players arrival there, and I felt something I've lost track of since March - a whizz of excitement about watching my team, a small part of a day where nothing else in my life matters. All the worries of the last four months lost their spike, and I plan to keep them at bay until at least 4.50. I'm quite emotional. Hibs are back. A really important escape from everything else is back.