hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Excited for today?

I know I am.

I know lots of fans said without crowds they weren’t enjoying the coverage on TV but I said surely if it’s Hibs it even a good game at the Gyle Park park you can appreciate it?

Of course it’s not the same without the routine - escpaillt merting family members...but I’m looking forward to seeing how we play and if we have improved under Ross - we don’t have excuses - it’s his team and they should be ready.

The ER home support has been talked about over the years for away teams using it to help them if things aren’t going well for Hibs.

Anyway..last season wasn’t good enough. We need to move forward so looking forward to seeing how we play.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’m looking forward to it but wouldn’t quite say I’m excited. It feels a bit odd that we’re going to be watching Hibs play a league match in an empty stadium.

Step in the right direction though which means we’re a step closer to getting back.

Being brutally honest have never been less bothered about the start of a season in my life.
    Think it's a combination of lack of build up due to the Hertz circus, being unable to go and the fact I have found the last few months a struggle on furlough.
    Hopefully when the programme starts all this will change.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I am.

I know lots of fans said without crowds they weren’t enjoying the coverage on TV but I said surely if it’s Hibs it even a good game at the Gyle Park park you can appreciate it?

Of course it’s not the same without the routine - escpaillt merting family members...but I’m looking forward to seeing how we play and if we have improved under Ross - we don’t have excuses - it’s his team and they should be ready.

The ER home support has been talked about over the years for away teams using it to help them if things aren’t going well for Hibs.

Anyway..last season wasn’t good enough. We need to move forward so looking forward to seeing how we play.
    Not particularly but that could just be down to how I'm feeling in general at the moment. I'm still hoping for a good win to start the season and looking forward to seeing how the new guys play but excited is probably pushing it to be honest.

I am but being shut out by the club as a non ST holder has put a slight dampner on it to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I’m looking forward to it but wouldn’t quite say I’m excited. It feels a bit odd that we’re going to be watching Hibs play a league match in an empty stadium.

Step in the right direction though which means we’re a step closer to getting back.
    It won’t make much difference if you think of the games on TV when you see all the empty seats at Hamilton etc ! But of course will miss that part.

Watched some of the French cup final last night and quite a few fans back in stadiums - any idea what the limit is and how fans are selected ?!!

I could see similar happening for Hampden Semi finals - Hibs and Hearts with a hardcore group in a 50,000 stadium all spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Being brutally honest have never been less bothered about the start of a season in my life.
    Think it's a combination of lack of build up due to the Hertz circus, being unable to go and the fact I have found the last few months a struggle on furlough.
    Fair points. I know nothing beats that buzz of walking to ER for a game at times. We won’t mention the crap weather Scotland gets when you sit and freeze for 90 mins.

Sorry to hear about the Furlough - hopefully Hibs can give you some joy today and things improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I am but being shut out by the club as a non ST holder has put a slight dampner on it to be honest.
    As a ST holder I think it’s rubbish they have done that. Hibs is a club for all - WE ARE ALL HIBS - they need to find a way to do an annual membership in my opinion - but even the minimum membership allows access to games like today.

I wouldn’t be happy if this was Killie locking Hibs out for today’s game. I know this set up is new but it needs to be open to grow the worldwide audience.

Will you be able to watch it somewhere ?

Think it’s a poor decision not to allow non season ticket holders and away supporters to view the game. Why lose income? Why alienate part of your support? I’m fortunate to be a season ticket holder but genuinely feel sorry for those unable to view the game.

Fair points. I know nothing beats that buzz of walking to ER for a game at times. We won’t mention the crap weather Scotland gets when you sit and freeze for 90 mins.

Sorry to hear about the Furlough - hopefully Hibs can give you some joy today and things improve.
    I actually started back on Monday working from home. It's strange but I do feel better thanks.
    Once I get the live feed this afternoon I am sure the juices will start flowing.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I’m more excited than I think I’ve ever been about a season starting.

Just feels like there’s another piece of normality returning, even if there’s very little normal about it.

As for the HibsTv thing, I get why people are annoyed and why we’re getting slated, from a completely selfish point of view though I don’t really care as long as I get to see the game. Don’t know the logic of why we’re doing it this way but if it’s a way of ensuring that season ticket holders get to watch it without interruption as a sort of trial match to see how it goes then that’s good with me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre Hibee View Post
    Think it’s a poor decision not to allow non season ticket holders and away supporters to view the game. Why lose income? Why alienate part of your support? I’m fortunate to be a season ticket holder but genuinely feel sorry for those unable to view the game.
    I'm assuming that the decision was made with a view to maxing out potential season ticket purchases. Unfortunate that some PATG fans will miss the game but surely the vast majority of fans who want to see the game, but have no season ticket, will have a family member or friend they can go and watch it with.

@hibs.net private member
    I am excited for the game today, looking forward to seeing the new players as not seen much of Gogic/Wright and nevee seen Nisbet play. Hopefully the feed works fine and we can all watch the game without any issues, think I'm more nervous about that than the game itself!

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    I know I am.

Hibs back in my life. I'm buzzin 😎

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see what the sound is like. When the AFL games started you could hear every shout and it was pretty poor. They then started to overlay some random crowd sounds which really helped to make the game seem more normal, then they moved on to overlaying certain sounds when a big mark was taken or a goal scored, I’m guessing they delayed the broadcast by 1-2mins to allow sounds to be added ?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I am excited for the game today, looking forward to seeing the new players as not seen much of Gogic/Wright and nevee seen Nisbet play. Hopefully the feed works fine and we can all watch the game without any issues, think I'm more nervous about that than the game itself!
    Ha true !

I assume they will have replays of key incidents on the feed too ?

I know when we went into lockdown fans were saying they missed Hibs so as another poster said hopefully gives a mental boost to many with some games being back on TV and something to talk about.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Just feels like there’s another piece of normality returning, even if there’s very little normal about it.

As for the HibsTv thing, I get why people are annoyed and why we’re getting slated, from a completely selfish point of view though I don’t really care as long as I get to see the game. Don’t know the logic of why we’re doing it this way but if it’s a way of ensuring that season ticket holders get to watch it without interruption as a sort of trial match to see how it goes then that’s good with me.
    That’s why I presumed were doing it. And with however many season ticket holders paying £400 odd upfront to watch these games then I’d agree that the first game should be used as a tester. If it goes ok then PAYG could be introduced.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Football's back ladssssssssssssssss

I get more nervous and frustrated watching Hibs on TV than i do at games. We really need a winning start and lay down an early marker this season. Im sick of us being the team chasing down aberdeen ect. Let them chase us for once

Few pints, few bets and the football. Love it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Big90inOz View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the sound is like. When the AFL games started you could hear every shout and it was pretty poor. They then started to overlay some random crowd sounds which really helped to make the game seem more normal, then they moved on to overlaying certain sounds when a big mark was taken or a goal scored, I’m guessing they delayed the broadcast by 1-2mins to allow sounds to be added ?
    Was wondering that myself i.e the canned crowd noise. Found it better watching on BT and SkY with it than without

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Hibs are planning to play crowd noise at the stadium - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...t-hibs-2930160

Season ticket holder so buzzing get going again
    Breakfast on
    Shops opening for my refreshments pickup
    Aberdeen Vs Rangers 1230 decent start
    Cmon the Hibees 💚⚽️

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Totally get where you are coming from mate, I was furloughed for 5 weeks and wasn't sure what was happening. Hope the football helps you in some small way.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Is the club shop open today

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No not really, if I wasn’t already going out tonight I would probably go out somewhere today for lunch and not even watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This is where I am with it - been a ST holder for years but lost my job in June and just cant afford to commit to a ST just now and am gutted we cannot PPV till Oct.

Thankfully 4 of the first 6 are on Sky but it feels like Hibs have forgotten a wee bit about just how difficult life is financially for some of us just now.

Regardless come on the Hibees today - let's get off to a flyer

I'd be much more excited if I was actually going to the game, but one step at a time.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Definitely feeling the buzz a wee bit. But come 2.15 I'll be ready to jump into the car and go. Need to get it into my head that I'm not going to ER!

Hate watching Hibs on TV, I just lose the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I'm assuming that the decision was made with a view to maxing out potential season ticket purchases. Unfortunate that some PATG fans will miss the game but surely the vast majority of fans who want to see the game, but have no season ticket, will have a family member or friend they can go and watch it with.
    Agree 100%. There's probably never been a time before when the club has needed the income of the 10,600 ST members who have paid money to watch a product knowing that they were unlikely to see many games, if any, from within a bouncing and vibrant Easter Road.

The club are then not going to undermine their own marketing campaign for STs (the only way to watch Hibs in every home game this season is to buy a ST) by then allowing all games to be available to watch to non-ST holders.

Non-season ticket holders have had plenty of opportunities to buy STs, if finances allow them to do so. Yes, many can't and I know that being unable to watch the game will disappoint many who have supported the club well in the past and will do so in the future.