hibs.net Messageboard

Page 454 of 667 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,620 of 19990
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our very own Danny Lennon was doing well there and got the sack, he had them in as stable a position as they're entitled to be and won a trophy.
    Goodwin won't be able to meet Fitzpatrick's lofty ambitions.
    I think Fitzpatrick will be delighted with 6th although it will make little difference this season..
    The are 2nd top of their tier after Livingston.
    Their glass ceiling is 5th and probably 6th once Hearts return.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Someone said that Atleti are ‘flying’ earlier, but they’re really not. Losing to Levante, dropping points to Celta Vigo and poor Granada side. Also playing attacking midfielder (Llorente) in Trippiers position and Carrasco also not been fit. No clean sheets in 7 very weird for a Simeone team. Pundits were widely tipping Chelsea to win this.
    They’ve lost twice all season, and clear at the top of the league. The fact Chelsea were being tipped and hammered them all over the pitch shows how weak the competition is this season. Spanish teams are poor, Italian are just as bad, Liverpool are struggling yet took to bits a side challenging at the top of the Bundesliga.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    They’ve lost twice all season, and clear at the top of the league. The fact Chelsea were being tipped and hammered them all over the pitch shows how weak the competition is this season. Spanish teams are poor, Italian are just as bad, Liverpool are struggling yet took to bits a side challenging at the top of the Bundesliga.
    You’re using selective facts. They HAD lost twice all season, but the point is NOW they’re in a massive form slump, have lost key players and Chelsea got them at just the right time. Liverpool beat a Red Bull side that never replaced Werner and are toothless, and they never ‘took them apart’, they squeezed through because of two bits of comedy defending.

Man City are favourites rightly but there’s no massive slump going on in Europe like you say.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    You’re using selective facts. They HAD lost twice all season, but the point is NOW they’re in a massive form slump, have lost key players and Chelsea got them at just the right time. Liverpool beat a Red Bull side that never replaced Werner and are toothless, and they never ‘took them apart’, they squeezed through because of two bits of comedy defending.

Man City are favourites rightly but there’s no massive slump going on in Europe like you say.
    Yet red bull are keeping tabs with Bayern in the league, which was the original argument - Bayern and city are far and away the best two sides, which isn’t true.

Was hardly a massive slump in form, a wee sticky patch of 1 win in 4, but wider than that 9 wins in their last 12. They still have lost twice in the league all season. That hasn’t changed? Bayern haven’t won in their last 2 league games either.

Fair enough if you think teams in Europe are as strong this year than previous years.

For me, Spain is a shadow of previous years, Barca and Real are woeful, Atleti the best of that trio but not too far ahead. Dortmund struggling massively in the league but beating Sevilla who are up in the mix in Spain. Germany as weak a league as they have been recently, both of those shown by results vs Liverpool and Chelsea. Italian sides all beaten in the last 16.

Again, feel Man City through form and ability are top of the bunch, and PSG through squad and potential would be the best final to watch. Neymar on one side with Mbappe and KDB on the other would be wonderful to watch.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Yet red bull are keeping tabs with Bayern in the league, which was the original argument - Bayern and city are far and away the best two sides, which isn’t true.

Was hardly a massive slump in form, a wee sticky patch of 1 win in 4, but wider than that 9 wins in their last 12. They still have lost twice in the league all season. That hasn’t changed? Bayern haven’t won in their last 2 league games either.

Fair enough if you think teams in Europe are as strong this year than previous years.

For me, Spain is a shadow of previous years, Barca and Real are woeful, Atleti the best of that trio but not too far ahead. Dortmund struggling massively in the league but beating Sevilla who are up in the mix in Spain. Germany as weak a league as they have been recently, both of those shown by results vs Liverpool and Chelsea. Italian sides all beaten in the last 16.

Again, feel Man City through form and ability are top of the bunch, and PSG through squad and potential would be the best final to watch. Neymar on one side with Mbappe and KDB on the other would be wonderful to watch.

Its subjective opinion Sam its what message boards are all about.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Different class. Quadruple is well and truly on.
    Do we not get that chat every year only for them to get punted out at quarter final stage in Europe.

Properly laughed at the hun at the start of the BT program there who said "we don't go down without a fight"

Do you aye?

Hun TV back tonight then. Wonder what belters these two halfwits will come out with today

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This mob are honking like. Theyve gifted the huns about 3 of their 5 goals in this tie

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Its subjective opinion Sam its what message boards are all about.
    Correct, and my opinion is that’s not true.

As always when Sevco are playing I start off with a heart full of hope but fully expect a Tsunami of disappointment. Bollocks to the co-efficient, I hope the Govan minkers get leathered.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    As always when Sevco are playing I start off with a heart full of hope but fully expect a Tsunami of disappointment. Bollocks to the co-efficient, I hope the Govan minkers get leathered.
    Sadly, no chance. More likely they will extend their lead. They are a very good team going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Sadly, no chance. More likely they will extend their lead. They are a very good team going forward.
    Spoke too soon.....😁

Belting Benfica freekick 1-1 in Athens, Arsenals new home

Morelos is a rat but credit there when the Antwerp player pulled up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Morelos is a rat but credit there when the Antwerp player pulled up!

Can’t believe he just did that 😂

Can’t believe he just did that
    I know. Ref clapped him too. His team mates weren’t happy!

Great tie this, basketball score 7-5 on agg now

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    7-5 on aggregate and 3-2 on the night. Another goal for Antwerp and its squeaky bum time for der hun.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Wtf was McGregor up to there 😅

Arsenal 1-2 Benfica

@hibs.net private member
    How funny would it be if the Thes still got knocked out. Both defences are dreadful

Arsenal 1-2 Benfica
    Hang in there boys

Arsenal 2-2 Benfica

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    7-5 on aggregate and 3-2 on the night. Another goal for Antwerp and its squeaky bum time for der hun.
    I'm not watching the Rangers game (watching Benfica) but would you say this is a case of Rangers, very strong domestically defensively but found wanting against stronger opposition in Europe (not that I rate Antwerp particularly highly)? I always thought Celtic were found wanting the same way in Europe. Not good enough at the back with better opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I'm not watching the Rangers game (watching Benfica) but would you say this is a case of Rangers, very strong domestically defensively but found wanting against stronger opposition in Europe (not that I rate Antwerp particularly highly)? I always thought Celtic were found wanting the same way in Europe. Not good enough at the back with better opponents.
    Thing is, they’re that good attacking that teams don’t get a massive chance to attack them domestically. In Europe they’re still very good going forward, so are happy to make it a game of basketball like it was described above.

Thing is, they’re that good attacking that teams don’t get a massive chance to attack them domestically. In Europe they’re still very good going forward, so are happy to make it a game of basketball like it was described above.

yeah that was the point I was trying to make. They will get by until they come up against better "clued up" opposition. Not knocking Rangers as I think they have a decent team and play decent football (all biases put aside).

Arsenal 3-2 Benfica. Great game

Arsenal 3-2 Benfica. Great game
    Bugger, just about sums Benfica up at the moment. Couldnt win a raffle if they have 9 out of 10 tickets Never mind.

New record for most goals in a Europa tie (in the tournament proper)

Ours was in the qualifiers but it seems the 12-5 win over the Faroese team might be the record for the whole tournment including qualifiers?

Anyone know if this is the case?